Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Blues. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we play Carlton again this season
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:03 pm

90 nice wrote:

Yes, in the final round.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:15 pm

Anyone else reckon Jamie might have been a bit concussed after that head slam tackle in the first? Just seemed a little off after that, hope he is OK for next week

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:31 pm

To the credit of Voss, he did say we had most of the play all day, and deserved our win, were the better side, so i give him credit for that. With the amount of play we had, we should have won by 3-4 goals, but it it what it is, and we take the four points and move on.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:39 pm
Post subject: pies v bluesReply with quote

magpietragic wrote:
My nerves would have been a lot better if we had iced the clock for the last minute when we were 2 goals up.

Exactly.. Shouldn't have gotten into that position. Need to learn how to hold the ball..

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:56 pm

Jezza wrote:
90 nice wrote:

Yes, in the final round.

BE GREAT if we could cost them a top four spot, if they finish that high, put them right under the finals hammer then. Laughing Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:21 pm

Fly's presser

How was your heart at the end?
Quote:
"I must admit it did get a little bit elevated in the last minute. Footy does that. The game is never finished, you've got to finish it. We'll learn some good lessons around that. I think early in the year we lost a couple of games in particular around not knowing how to win or kill the clock or get energy in the game. I thought today we did that better, but obviously we still have some work to do".

What were your instructions to the players with 2 or 3 minutes to go, with momentum shifts being a big thing in modern football?
Quote:
"Look, we can focus on the last 2 minutes. It was actually very similar to my message at half time. The last 10 minutes of the 2nd quarter we were outplayed and I must admit I concentrated on the first 10 minutes when we did so well. We dominated territory, dominated possession and pressure was really high. That's what I love putting my energy in to be honest.

Where does that win stack up with some big scalps along the way?
Quote:
"I love winning, I must admit I do. I've always loved winning, a very competitive person and any time we get the chance to sing the song is a great thing for our fans".

Did you guys come out a bit early at half time to practice to some ground ball drills? Is that normal?
Quote:
"Yeah, that's normal practice. We just want to get our players moving. Our ground balls is something we've focused on all year so that's no different".

Mason Cox played a great game today. How did you rate his performance?
Quote:
"Mason is the talking point isn't he. I must admit I've always been a believer in players and believing in them for as long as you can. I believe in Mason and today he got to show what he was capable of. I haven't really seen him play at that level for a while so it was really pleasing he did his job for the team".

Do you re-align your expectations internally after big wins against Fremantle and Carlton?
Quote:
"To be honest, when I first took over the job we really didn't know. We've got a new game plan, a new set of coaches and players start fresh. We just didn't know where we were at, and we're now starting to find out that maybe our best is really capable. The last couple of weeks we've proven that we've played two teams [in the top 4]. I just said to the players you beat Freo and they beat Melbourne, we can beat them now but it doesn't work that way we know. We've always said from day one we want to act like winners and we're going to have winning habits and behaviours in everything we do and that's been the message from day one. We're going to continue to and try to strive to be that team".

Cox got substituted last week with the finger injury, was he always a lock to play today?
Quote:
"He had some stitches and it was quite sore and red post game. We had to wait for that to heal a little bit so he could train on Friday".

What did you make of Ollie Henry's performance?
Quote:
"It's a good story. You look at his last three weeks; the highs and lows of emotions of missing goals, not impacting and then being sub and then impacting and today grabbing your chances. I'm really proud of the kid, really proud of him. To see him grow in three weeks. I must admit, I've got a few more greys because of him a couple of weeks ago. Another strong message for you to believe in people and show faith in them before they show they've got it".

What about Nathan Murphy? You must be rapt with how he played today after a delayed start of the season for him?
Quote:
"I reckon he complements Darcy [Moore] and Jeremy Howe really well. It's unfortunate Madgen goes out and opportunity presents for Murph. I think he's a really good system player. He's tough and puts his body on the line and he's really important to our back six".

Externally, there's always a lot of discussion about Jordan De Goey playing midfield. How did you see his game?
Quote:
"If you watch it really closely, he doesn't play much midfield. He does a lot of centre bounce and comes up to stoppages. Pretty similar to Dusty and Cripps from the opposition. We don't see him as a midfielder, but we love it when he's around the ball because he makes things happen particularly centre bounces. He's an important player for us".

What did you make of the crowd today with 80K attending?
Quote:
"I love it when they sing our song. We really appreciate our fans. We've been talking about honouring our jumper all year as well. Hopefully our fans are proud of us today".

What did you make of John Noble's game, particularly that big tackle late in the 4th quarter?
Quote:
"I just love his fight, and the way he goes about it. Last week, it was a couple of strong efforts and everyone saw that during the week. Those little things are his. We need them from him and it's almost like 'come on mate, the team needs you to do something like that'. This is week after week. His last 5 weeks have been really strong. Since he was the sub against Brisbane early days, his form is as good as anyone in our team".

You're obviously playing good football, but where's the main focus for improvement?
Quote:
"Every week there's so many things. We're just trying to form our DNA, and we revisited it after our Bulldogs game because we got smashed around contest and clearance. We want to be a territory team and I think we got nutted in the inside 50s just today. That's something we pride ourselves on. We want to do that. I think you can clearly see how we want to play and when we go away from that then 'what are we doing'. You got Pendles in the last quarter who could've kicked the ball out of centre bounce and then he gets tackled, and all of a sudden it's a turnover. It's a pretty basic game plan really if you watch us. We're just a work in progress to try and get better and better at what we want to do".

You've lost some KPP to injury and Roughead has retired, is it an area of focus for the mid-season draft?
Quote:
"I know Wrighty's in the room so you can ask him if you like. We've got a meeting tomorrow about it. The draft is Wednesday. We've got two picks, but I'm not sure we're going to use them. We'll go through that tomorrow and work out what's there and what our needs are".

Have you had any chance to speak to Michael Voss after the game considering your close relationship?
Quote:
"Not yet. Vossy owes me dinner. We had a little side bet that loser would pay for dinner. I might go out for a nice meal, that would be nice. I'm really happy for him to get another chance. This industry doesn't allow too many second chances in this role. He's got a lot to offer and clearly they're having a great year. Look, he's unashamedly a mate of mine and I love him to death and I want the best for him".

You have a meeting tomorrow to discuss the mid-season draft, is the fact that you're now 6-5 and knocking on the door of the 8, does that shape your focus on looking at shorter-term needs rather than longer-team needs from the draft?
Quote:
"I've got to say no, but we'll look for what our needs are potentially now through injury and opportunity and see if someone can fill that. I've been saying all the time that we want to win now, but we also want to win for the future and decisions we'll make around that".

Jacob Weitering took two intercept marks early, and you're thinking you don't want to bomb it to him and then he goes down. How did that impact the game?
Quote:
"He was a handy out to be honest. When I saw his magnet was coming off the board, I thought wow that was an opportunity for us. I don't think we capitalised a lot in the first half. I thought we were the dominant team for major parts of it and we just didn't finish our work. We could have been 4-5 goals up or more at half time. It's a hard game this one, you don't want to give good teams a chance. It was definitely a big out for them for sure".

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1139231/post-match-craig-mcrae?videoId=1139231&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1653817289001

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:42 pm

Murphy ahead of Magden from now on

Very impressed with Cox’s marking considering he had stitches in his injured finger and just trained Friday. He loves the G and the big crowds, lifts him to the level we need him to play at in his final year.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:44 pm

Five minutes from the end and I was feeling on top of the world but letting them back in the game for a second time during that last quarter and almost blowing it left me feeling a little flat.

Yesterday we won a battle, it's worth celebrating but make no mistake the war against a resurgent Carlton has only just begun, in the short term they'll have a greater ability to improve with returning personnel and to beat those bastards next time we'll need to do better.

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 3:26 pm

masoncox wrote:
90 nice wrote:
Who agrees with me that Brian Taylor is a shit commentator

I prefer him to Daisy.
Daisy just talks about the obvious.

I agree about Daisy. I like her but she does talk too much. Sometimes I think I hear her more than the actual commentators!

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 4:10 pm

Win, lose or draw, still disappointing this happens to ruin supporters day and sully the aura of our game.
Educate your sons, remind your mates ~ No one wins in these situations and there could be a lifetime of consequences for all concerned.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2022-fans-brawl-on-streets-video-collingwood-magpies-v-carlton-blues-melbourne-latest/news-story/754920927cfecd4f791f99230dee2ac7

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:15 pm

Daisy always seems like she is reading from a manual instead of putting her own twist on the game
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:50 pm

Tankingcarlscum complaining about the Weitering injury as the sole cause of their loss and whinging about the fact that De Goey didn't let Weitering clean him up. What a bunch of delusional clowns, we had their measure for more of the match and would have beaten them by 5 goals if we had kicked straight. As if it's De Goey's fault for bracing himself against a thug act, if anything the injury to Weitering is karma for not trying to tackle. 129-128 to Collingwood, that is all!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:40 pm

Great Win but my Father Died yesteday afternoon before the Game so I been numb and sad since then
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:04 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Great Win but my Father Died yesteday afternoon before the Game so I been numb and sad since then

Jesus Dave. I'm sorry for your loss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14   

Jump to: