Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies punish Hawks. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Winter welcomed a cold and wet contest at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, where Collingwood claimed victory over Hawthorn by 4 points in a match which fluctuated wildly during the second half, after the Magpies had built a very good lead in the first half over the first two quarters, before the Hawks hit back on the scoreboard when the rain arrived in time for the last two quarters where Hawthorn adapted quicker to the conditions, before the Woods got the wood on their opponents at the right times to reclaim the lead twice on the scoreboard at three quarter time and during time on of the final term, where the Pies would ultimately do enough in the dying minutes and seconds to end up with the win in enthralling circumstances.

Collingwood won their statistical categories from sources such as disposals by +41 (403 - 362), +23 for kicks (235 - 212), handballs were won by +18 (168 - 150), contested possessions had a differential of +29 (169 - 140), while uncontested possessions were claimed by +30 (235 - 205), and intercept possessions had a margin of +16 (92 - 76). Hit-outs went Collingwood's way by +1 (36 - 35), centre clearances were up by +4 (13 - 9), while Tackles Inside 50 were won by +3 (14 - 11). Marks went in favour of the Magpies by +10 (75 - 65), uncontested marks were up by +8 ( 66 - 58 ), contested marks were won by +2 (9 - 7), +7 for Marks Inside 50 (10 - 3) and Inside 50s were won convincingly by +25 (65 - 40). Hawthorn won their categories from clearances by +3 (38 - 35), of which a differential of +7 eventuated from stoppage clearances (29 - 22), and tackles were won by +17 (81 - 64).

Patrick Lipinski (29 disposals @ 59%, 340 metres gained, 16 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 16 kicks, 13 handballs, 2 marks, 4 tackles, 4 score involvements, 4 clearances, 4 centre clearances, 6 Inside 50s & 1 goal) played a very gritty game where won the contested ball, won clearances out of the middle and produced territory as often as possible in challenging conditions.

Taylor Adams (28 disposals @ 46%, 518 metres gained, 14 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 20 kicks, 8 handballs, 4 marks, 7 tackles, 2 score involvements, 7 clearances, 3 centre clearances, 4 stoppage clearances & 5 Inside 50s) made it his objective to win contested ball at every opportunity, tackle with intensity and clear the ball forward from clearances as often as possible, irrespective of how many skill errors were made by Adams. Ball use will be a priority for Taylor in his next game against the reigning premiers.

Darcy Cameron (26 disposals @ 58%, 404 metres gained, 15 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 19 hit-outs, 19 kicks, 7 handballs, 9 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 3 tackles, 8 score involvements, 6 clearances, 5 stoppage clearances, 3 Inside 50s, 3 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) played an excellent game in the ruck by winning his fair share of taps in ruck contests, presented as a marking option at all times around the ground where he was highly impactful. Cameron impacted the scoreboard early before getting stuck into his work to ensure his midfield got their hands on the ball.

Scott Pendlebury (25 disposals @ 84%, 323 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 19 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 15 handballs, 2 marks, 8 score involvements & 6 Inside 50s) started quarters up forward before being brought into the midfield to utilise his team with his acumen and experience in the clinches. Pendlebury made sure his possessions went forward or contributed to a scoring shot on the scoreboard, which occurred quite frequently.

Jack Crisp (25 disposals @ 56%, 460 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 10 handballs, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 2 goal assists, 4 score involvements, 4 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances & 7 Inside 50s) had no issues winning the ball in general play, but Crisp made uncharacteristic skill errors by foot when he would normally hit those targets. Did not stop Crisp from creating territory for his side despite airing those grievances about his disposal efficiency.

Steele Sidebottom (24 disposals @ 79%, 393 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 19 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 10 handballs, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 5 score involvements, 4 Inside 50s & 1 goal) played a terrific game on the wing by pumping the ball forward to his team's advantage and linked up numerous chains on the Shane Warne Stand wing which Sidebottom has made his own for a number of years now. Sidebottom is usually one of the first marking options that teammates from defence choose to kick to as Sidebottom has the ability to rack up marks to maintain possession under pressure or continue transition into attack.

Jordan De Goey (21 disposals @ 57%, 466 metres gained, 10 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 6 handballs, 4 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 3 tackles, 1 goal assist, 5 score involvements, 2 clearances, 6 Inside 50s & 1 goal) provided territory and scoreboard impact for his team, despite being culpable of skill errors at times. De Goey was alternating at centre bounces and time spent up forward during the duration of the contest.

Nick Daicos (36 disposals @ 67%, 789 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 28 uncontested possessions, 11 intercept possessions, 22 kicks, 14 handballs, 3 marks, 5 score involvements, 4 Inside 50s & 6 Rebound 50s) played the best game of his career to display class and composure beyond his years, by winning the footy back for his side time and time again. Nick looked to link up by hand to runners or kick long to contests where the team could either win marking contests or neutralise the play and force stoppages.

John Noble (18 disposals @ 67%, 440 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 4 handballs, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 2 score involvements & 4 Inside 50s) created play off the last line of defence by running and carrying the ball before kicking the ball to contests or the team's advantage.

Brayden Maynard (17 disposals @ 82%, 287 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 8 handballs, 6 marks, 2 contested marks, 3 tackles, 3 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 4 Rebound 50s) played the percentages with his possessions by heavily reducing the amount of skill errors coming out of defence, and backed in his aerial judgement to take some important marks.

Darcy Moore (16 disposals @ 75%, 281 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 6 handballs, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 3 Inside 50s & 4 Rebound 50s) made sure of his ball use being of high quality to give his team better protection behind the ball, and competed strongly in marking contests.

Jeremy Howe (15 disposals @ 67%, 286 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 7 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 5 handballs, 4 marks, 2 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) demonstrated control when he won possession to maintain possession or kick to contests where the team could compete aerially. Howe also chipped in with a few timely marks to prevent further damage.

Will Hoskin-Elliott (16 disposals @ 56%, 201 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 9 handballs, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements & 3 Inside 50s) accumulated possessions up the ground and contributed to a few scoring chains. Hoskin-Elliott did nothing else that was of any value.

Oliver Henry (12 disposals @ 58%, 118 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 9 kicks, 3 handballs, 4 marks, 3 Marks Inside 50, 2 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 6 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 goals) contributed to the outcome of this game by giving his team back the lead at three quarter time against the run of play. After missing a shot at goal in the final term, he responded moments later with his second goal which put the Pies back in front and were never headed for the remainder of the game.

Beau McCreery (11 disposals @ 54%, 123 metres gained, 10 contested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 6 kicks, 5 handballs, 7 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 3 score involvements, 3 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances & 1 goal) snuck in an early major before basing the rest of the day on creating and providing lots of pressure and tackling up forward, which was where McCreery proved his worth.

Brody Mihocek (11 disposals @ 36%, 7 contested possessions, 4 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 4 handballs, 2 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 2 tackles, 1 goal assist, 5 score involvements & 1 goal) provided an option as he always does but did not make the most of his chances. Would've been impressive had Mihocek finished off his work. Convert more than you miss in your next game against the Demons please, Brody!

Jack Ginnivan (10 disposals @ 80%, 159 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 4 uncontested possessions, 6 kicks, 4 handballs, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 2 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 goals) made an excellent start with two early goals before drifting out of the contest after quarter time. Ginnivan may have been a bit stiff to not have another couple of shots at goal after the umpires chose not to award Jack any eventuating free kicks.

Collingwood's next game will be against Melbourne on June 13 at the MCG. This contest will be the ultimate stress test and will contribute significantly to where the Magpies might finish at the end of the regular season. Collingwood will look to surprise the competition and ensure the Demons are denied the opportunity to reignite their flame a little while longer.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:24 am

Pies2016 wrote:
^ ^ ^
The thing about DeGoey is that his disposals are impactful.
You won’t see many backward handballs or funky lateral short kicks when he gets the ball. He had 21 touches for 470 metres gained, so that’s an indication he got bang for his buck. Big goal at the right time too. Would we like him to do more ? Yes but he’s still had a pretty decent season to date.

Yeah, I was explaining to the beloved today who doesn't know much about Aussie Rules that his passing on the move is superb but sets shots are still very inconsistent. It's hard to explain to non-footy people why set shots are so hard and some players struggle.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:41 am

I’m eating my hat. But I still want to see him regularly in top five for game day tackles before he gets a big contract
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:16 am

Loving the work by IQ off half back he works hard
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:53 am

Fly's presser

Two weeks in a row, how's the heart?
Quote:
"The last minute, my heart was going more than last week to be honest. There's a fine line between happiness and misery isn't there. Two weeks in a row, we're happy with the way we executed in the last parts of the game".

The rain seemed to change the game, with Hawthorn being more direct in the second half compared to the first half?
Quote:
"Yeah, it really suits them. Credit to them, the way they played in that third quarter. We played in the wet against Fremantle, but that game in particular it poured early and it was really dry. This was really slippery. We just didn't get our hands dirty enough in that part of the game. We mentioned at half time where I think we were +28 contested possessions so that was something we had to manage and try to maintain. I thought they would come at us and they did. It's hard to win four quarters of footy at this level at the moment. It doesn't matter who you play".

You mentioned the Freo game, Ollie Henry stood up again in the wet. He's growing every week.
Quote:
"I'm really proud of what he did there in the last quarter and even that clutch goal right on three quarter time. He's just managing his moments a lot better than what he was earlier in the year. He's growing in front of our eyes".

Did you have to have a chat with him after the Bulldogs game where he struggled and next week he was the sub. How do you approach someone that has opportunities but is not converting, especially for someone so young?
Quote:
"We did, we chatted. The hardest part of this game is getting the footy in your hands and he was doing that well. It was about being calm amid the chaos where the game is going really fast around you. A lot of that was execution around his goal kicking. He's a part of our future; we sort of didn't want to get him out of the team. Sometimes, you can sort of send a little message by moving him out slightly, and hopefully that motivates some".

Can you give us an update on Reef McInnes' injury and Jamie Elliott's illness?
Quote:
"Reef unfortunately looks like he has dislocated his shoulder, so again we'll get scans to see what that means. Unfortunately for the young lad he got an opportunity and hopefully he'll be okay. Jamie was just sick yesterday and got told this morning that he would be out through 'illness'. Not covid related, just the flu so hopefully he'll be alright next week".

You're inside the 8 and taking on the reigning premiers next week which is the biggest test in the game. You must be feeling really good where your team is at the moment especially holding on again for a close win?
Quote:
"Yeah, we were really pleased. You don't get a chance to really sit here and smell the roses too often. Speaking to the playing group, I just think there's little growth within us every week. That last two minutes, we dissected the last two minutes of last week for about 3 hours in lines, different areas; 1 hour each for that part of the game. To see them take the learnings from last week and execute it this week; we probably don't get the result in the end. I'm really proud of that and that's the growth we're getting. Beau McCreery's last quarter, you've spoken about Ollie Henry, Jack Ginnivan. I think everyone can see our future there and I like to think we're growing in front of your eyes".

What was the key area of improvement from last week despite it finishing with the same winning margin?
Quote:
"Decision making. Some of our decision making in that critical time, we didn't need to score. There was 90 seconds to go and we were just going to play the game maybe a little bit wider and support the backs a bit more and maybe possess the ball. Difficult in the wet today, but they just did it so much better. I get an advantage point because I'm on the bench but you can see them connecting with communication and helping the guy with the ball in hand. Those things, we appreciate".

What's your instruction to Jack Ginnivan and there was some high contact to him in the 3rd that wasn't paid. What's your coaching message to him, should he be playing for those free kicks or not?
Quote:
"'Playing for free kicks' is an interesting way of putting it. I think players are really good at avoiding tackles and learning how to evade tackles and make it hard to be tackled. We tell our players to spend time over the ball which means that you're likely to get some front on contact, but we want to keep the ball in front of us. Being tackled versus getting tackled, we practice that. I think it's a skill. It forces the tackler to really be on his best game. Is it within the rules? There's no rule against it at the minute".

After the first quarter, he seemed to get legitimately tackled high about three or four times but he wasn't being paid free kicks. Do you almost feel like he's being treated unfairly by umpires?
Quote:
"It's interesting. Maybe I need to get some clarity because as far as I'm aware it's a free kick so we'll get some clarity around that. I'm thinking you can't get paid a free kick because we don't like that you're getting free kicks, I'm not sure that's the case so I'll just get some clarity around that".

Are you seeking clarification from the AFL?
Quote:
"I think. Wrighty, what do we do with that?" [laughs*]

You encourage the skill of it?
Quote:
"I think so, particularly when you're getting a ground ball and then taking on the tackle. Dusty does it with an arm. Joel Selwood has made a living out of it. I think it's smart play".

There was another instance that was eyebrow raising when Darcy Moore was penalised for taking out Sam Butler's legs despite it not looking like that at all and it could have been costly given how close the game was.
Quote:
"Yeah, I must admit I'm talking about the tackle stuff. The umpiring; we make so many mistakes as players and as coaches. We're human aren't we. We're allowed to make mistakes, so whether that one was or wasn't, I think we'll live with that".

Best game you've seen from Nick Daicos so far?
Quote:
"Yeah, I'm glad you brought him up. Sorry, I should have mentioned him when I mentioned Beau and these other guys. Nick's an exciting talent isn't he. To have 36 disposals or whatever he had in the wet. It's also what he does with it too. He sees the game really clearly. We were sort of talking about giving him a rest, but it makes it hard to rest him when he plays like that".

Is there any injury issue in the end with him [N Daicos] as he was hobbling at the final siren?
Quote:
"Yeah, it was that last bit of play. Mitch Lewis drove his knee into his ribs. He's fine, he's a little bit winded at the moment".

You're 7-5. Do you start thinking about finals after most didn't have them finishing top 8 in the off-season?
Quote:
"I did notice that no one had us winning too many games early. Again, I said this last week, we're just finding out what we're capable of. We've showing that our best is capable of beating teams that are inside the 8 at the moment. We talk about growth, winning habits and winning behaviours every week regardless of what the scoreboard says. There's nothing about the outcome in terms of the way we're preparing. It's all about process. It's our journey and are we at ends I'm not sure yet".

Darcy Cameron likely played his best career game as well. What did you make of his performance
Quote:
"Yeah, we actually celebrated his 40th game before the game to just build him up. He's a guy that I think the playing group really enjoy playing with, so we had a little bit of fun around that. His performance was something else, particularly early in the game. He's definitely taking both hands with this ruck role".

Do you have any plans around the FightMND cause in the lead up to the Queen's Birthday match?
Quote:
"Yeah, we've got Neale's daughter coming in to speak with us midweek. We'll show it the respect that it deserves. Hopefully, we'll put in a performance that will do the same".

Will you go to school on what Sydney and Fremantle have done to Melbourne in the past fortnight?
Quote:
"Yeah, I watched that game last night. It was a cracking game of footy I thought. It was low scoring. Look, it's too early to talk about that. I like to revel in the moment to be honest. Quite often you get drawn somewhere you don't need to be at the minute. We've got 8 days to prepare for that and we want to make sure we enjoy the moment for what this one is".

Are you defending better since the Richmond game?
Quote:
"Yes".

Can you tell us how that's happening?
Quote:
"Growth in terms of how we want to play. We've always wanted to defend like we are, but there's just certain things we're maybe getting used to; a new game plan, when 'do I need to run forward and defend that now, or do I need to support the backs'. I think we're doing that a lot better. Justin Leppitsch is our defensive coach. He's been around a long time. He's outstanding at what he does and sometimes it takes time to grow".

You were +25 for inside 50s, but nearly lost. Is that sort of connection something you will focus on heading into the Melbourne game?
Quote:
"It's really difficult. It's hard to score when there are numbers back. That's across the board. We like to think it's going to be hard for us to score but we've got to make it impossible for them [the opposition], that's the game in part. Against West Coast we had the same where we had +27 inside 50s but we lose the game because we were easy to score [against] when it got out of there. I think it's a difficult part of the game and we haven't mastered that yet".

Did Vossy buy you dinner?
Quote:
"No, he's taken off to Adelaide. He's turned his phone off, I haven't heard from him". [laughs*]

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1143452/post-match-craig-mcrae?videoId=1143452&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1654415478001&tagNames=news

Medieval 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:55 am

How good it is to flush the poo and wee!
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:09 am

Love the last comment.

Mark Korda may well go down as our greatest ever president. Took a basket case and made crucial decisions to change the course of the club, and seemingly nailed all of them, inside 12 months.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:27 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Mudlark I said I was harsh on him and he played a good game except for some poor pressure/contest efforts. Noble would have had a crack if he was in Jordy’s shoes at those moments, and that says a lot about what a player is worth. That’s what I want to see from Jordy, the one percenters and not just the goals. Get in there and make the opposition earn it the hard way, son! PS have a look at the tackle stats, where’s Jordy sit today?

2 J. de Goey 1 2 15 6 21 4 0 1 1 3

The end figure of 3 is the tackle count.There were only 5 others from Collingwood who had more. 2 with 4 tackles,1 with 5 and 2 with 7. So he sits 5th out of 23. 21 disposals and a clutch goal from 50+ with a wet ball. to put us back in the game and I believe he had a few goal assists.
He's been in our best players since the final 5 games of last season and just about every game this year. I won't say anything else on this subject except to say " give wanting to trade JDG a rest"!!FFS. All we need to be a very, very good side is one more big mid, which I believe we have just secured and see Ash and Charlie make their debuts and we will be a real threat this year.
The Carlton and now Hawthorn wins would have been a 5 goal loss last year and a couple of years prior to that.
Getting rid of Jordy would be more devastating than losing ADZ.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:40 am

Losing Treloar was hardly devastating. In the end we dumped some salary and swapped him for Lipinski. I’d call that a neutral result at worst.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:50 am

Would also like to thank the Western Bulldogs. The Adam Treloar draft pick was used on Ollie Henry Very Happy
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:45 am

mattdally wrote:
Would also like to thank the Western Bulldogs. The Adam Treloar draft pick was used on Ollie Henry Very Happy

really? wow, thats a fricken bargain!!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:55 am

Adams first yr at Dogs was under whelming but 2022 has been better

Now Ollie showed promise from day one of his first yr but has improved
immensely in his second

As Craig McRae said “Growing in front of our eyes “

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:08 am

Be nice, and a great relief for all us who may have high blood pressure, for our Magpies to actually kick the first seven goals of of a game, and go onto win by a mammoth 112 points, just be nice to relax an enjoy a easy win, just for once, not these bloody heartstopper nail biting finishes.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
SteveG 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:14 am

JC Hartley wrote:
Winter welcomed a cold and wet contest at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, where Collingwood claimed victory over Hawthorn by 4 points in a match which fluctuated wildly during the second half, after the Magpies had built a very good lead in the first half over the first two quarters, before the Hawks hit back on the scoreboard when the rain arrived in time for the last two quarters where Hawthorn adapted quicker to the conditions, before the Woods got the wood on their opponents at the right times to reclaim the lead twice on the scoreboard at three quarter time and during time on of the final term, where the Pies would ultimately do enough in the dying minutes and seconds to end up with the win in enthralling circumstances.

Collingwood won their statistical categories from sources such as disposals by +41 (403 - 362), +23 for kicks (235 - 212), handballs were won by +18 (168 - 150), contested possessions had a differential of +29 (169 - 140), while uncontested possessions were claimed by +30 (235 - 205), and intercept possessions had a margin of +16 (92 - 76). Hit-outs went Collingwood's way by +1 (36 - 35), centre clearances were up by +4 (13 - 9), while Tackles Inside 50 were won by +3 (14 - 11). Marks went in favour of the Magpies by +10 (75 - 65), uncontested marks were up by +8 ( 66 - 58 ), contested marks were won by +2 (9 - 7), +7 for Marks Inside 50 (10 - 3) and Inside 50s were won convincingly by +25 (65 - 40). Hawthorn won their categories from clearances by +3 (38 - 35), of which a differential of +7 eventuated from stoppage clearances (29 - 22), and tackles were won by +17 (81 - 64).

Patrick Lipinski (29 disposals @ 59%, 340 metres gained, 16 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 16 kicks, 13 handballs, 2 marks, 4 tackles, 4 score involvements, 4 clearances, 4 centre clearances, 6 Inside 50s & 1 goal) played a very gritty game where won the contested ball, won clearances out of the middle and produced territory as often as possible in challenging conditions.

Taylor Adams (28 disposals @ 46%, 518 metres gained, 14 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 20 kicks, 8 handballs, 4 marks, 7 tackles, 2 score involvements, 7 clearances, 3 centre clearances, 4 stoppage clearances & 5 Inside 50s) made it his objective to win contested ball at every opportunity, tackle with intensity and clear the ball forward from clearances as often as possible, irrespective of how many skill errors were made by Adams. Ball use will be a priority for Taylor in his next game against the reigning premiers.

Darcy Cameron (26 disposals @ 58%, 404 metres gained, 15 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 19 hit-outs, 19 kicks, 7 handballs, 9 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 3 tackles, 8 score involvements, 6 clearances, 5 stoppage clearances, 3 Inside 50s, 3 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) played an excellent game in the ruck by winning his fair share of taps in ruck contests, presented as a marking option at all times around the ground where he was highly impactful. Cameron impacted the scoreboard early before getting stuck into his work to ensure his midfield got their hands on the ball.

Scott Pendlebury (25 disposals @ 84%, 323 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 19 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 15 handballs, 2 marks, 8 score involvements & 6 Inside 50s) started quarters up forward before being brought into the midfield to utilise his team with his acumen and experience in the clinches. Pendlebury made sure his possessions went forward or contributed to a scoring shot on the scoreboard, which occurred quite frequently.

Jack Crisp (25 disposals @ 56%, 460 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 10 handballs, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 2 goal assists, 4 score involvements, 4 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances & 7 Inside 50s) had no issues winning the ball in general play, but Crisp made uncharacteristic skill errors by foot when he would normally hit those targets. Did not stop Crisp from creating territory for his side despite airing those grievances about his disposal efficiency.

Steele Sidebottom (24 disposals @ 79%, 393 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 19 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 10 handballs, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 5 score involvements, 4 Inside 50s & 1 goal) played a terrific game on the wing by pumping the ball forward to his team's advantage and linked up numerous chains on the Shane Warne Stand wing which Sidebottom has made his own for a number of years now. Sidebottom is usually one of the first marking options that teammates from defence choose to kick to as Sidebottom has the ability to rack up marks to maintain possession under pressure or continue transition into attack.

Jordan De Goey (21 disposals @ 57%, 466 metres gained, 10 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 6 handballs, 4 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 3 tackles, 1 goal assist, 5 score involvements, 2 clearances, 6 Inside 50s & 1 goal) provided territory and scoreboard impact for his team, despite being culpable of skill errors at times. De Goey was alternating at centre bounces and time spent up forward during the duration of the contest.

Nick Daicos (36 disposals @ 67%, 789 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 28 uncontested possessions, 11 intercept possessions, 22 kicks, 14 handballs, 3 marks, 5 score involvements, 4 Inside 50s & 6 Rebound 50s) played the best game of his career to display class and composure beyond his years, by winning the footy back for his side time and time again. Nick looked to link up by hand to runners or kick long to contests where the team could either win marking contests or neutralise the play and force stoppages.

John Noble (18 disposals @ 67%, 440 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 4 handballs, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 2 score involvements & 4 Inside 50s) created play off the last line of defence by running and carrying the ball before kicking the ball to contests or the team's advantage.

Brayden Maynard (17 disposals @ 82%, 287 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 8 handballs, 6 marks, 2 contested marks, 3 tackles, 3 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 4 Rebound 50s) played the percentages with his possessions by heavily reducing the amount of skill errors coming out of defence, and backed in his aerial judgement to take some important marks.

Darcy Moore (16 disposals @ 75%, 281 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 6 handballs, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 3 Inside 50s & 4 Rebound 50s) made sure of his ball use being of high quality to give his team better protection behind the ball, and competed strongly in marking contests.

Jeremy Howe (15 disposals @ 67%, 286 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 7 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 5 handballs, 4 marks, 2 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) demonstrated control when he won possession to maintain possession or kick to contests where the team could compete aerially. Howe also chipped in with a few timely marks to prevent further damage.

Will Hoskin-Elliott (16 disposals @ 56%, 201 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 9 handballs, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements & 3 Inside 50s) accumulated possessions up the ground and contributed to a few scoring chains. Hoskin-Elliott did nothing else that was of any value.

Oliver Henry (12 disposals @ 58%, 118 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 9 kicks, 3 handballs, 4 marks, 3 Marks Inside 50, 2 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 6 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 goals) contributed to the outcome of this game by giving his team back the lead at three quarter time against the run of play. After missing a shot at goal in the final term, he responded moments later with his second goal which put the Pies back in front and were never headed for the remainder of the game.

Beau McCreery (11 disposals @ 54%, 123 metres gained, 10 contested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 6 kicks, 5 handballs, 7 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 3 score involvements, 3 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances & 1 goal) snuck in an early major before basing the rest of the day on creating and providing lots of pressure and tackling up forward, which was where McCreery proved his worth.

Brody Mihocek (11 disposals @ 36%, 7 contested possessions, 4 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 4 handballs, 2 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 2 tackles, 1 goal assist, 5 score involvements & 1 goal) provided an option as he always does but did not make the most of his chances. Would've been impressive had Mihocek finished off his work. Convert more than you miss in your next game against the Demons please, Brody!

Jack Ginnivan (10 disposals @ 80%, 159 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 4 uncontested possessions, 6 kicks, 4 handballs, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 2 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 goals) made an excellent start with two early goals before drifting out of the contest after quarter time. Ginnivan may have been a bit stiff to not have another couple of shots at goal after the umpires chose not to award Jack any eventuating free kicks.

Collingwood's next game will be against Melbourne on June 13 at the MCG. This contest will be the ultimate stress test and will contribute significantly to where the Magpies might finish at the end of the regular season. Collingwood will look to surprise the competition and ensure the Demons are denied the opportunity to reignite their flame a little while longer.

No report on Mason Cox ? His importance far exceeds the stats.
He made significant contributions, and enabled Darcy Cameron to play another significant game.
He also risked his whole future by playing part of the game without his protective eyewear.
Somewhere between courageous and too risky.
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:37 am

think positive wrote:
mattdally wrote:

really? wow, thats a fricken bargain!!

Treloar continually under performs against better sides. Lipinski doesn't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: