Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies punish Hawks. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Big T wrote:
think positive wrote:
mattdally wrote:
Would also like to thank the Western Bulldogs. The Adam Treloar draft pick was used on Ollie Henry Very Happy

really? wow, thats a fricken bargain!!

Treloar continually under performs against better sides. Lipinski doesn't.

Probably the only testosterone charged male on the planet who I would allow my daughter to marry. I love this kid. He’s been such a great return on investment. Can play anywhere between the arcs. makes good decisions, decent user of the footy and hits the scoreboard. Hes also allowed others to play alternative roles like Daicos back to the wing, Pendles to H B and freed up Sidey to do his thing. Been a huge plus for the club.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:25 pm

Patty is a terrific young bloke too, good head on his shoulders
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:42 pm

Kudos to Sidey as well, has been "delicious" of late and made people like me look a fool!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:03 pm

Big T wrote:
Kudos to Sidey as well, has been "delicious" of late and made people like me look a fool!

Don’t worry, I had to eat my hat for bagging De Goey for not going hard enough and not enough tackling 😂

It’s great having Lippinski, JDG, Adams, Crisp, Daicos in the middle. Sidey can do what he does best and there isn’t the pressure to rack up 80 possessions between him and Pendles to win the game.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:39 pm

When asked on post match about what we as a side did different in a similar pressure cooker style last two minutes against Carlton in comparison to the last two minutes against Hawks

Immediately said with authority “Decision making” & then later said we are learning all the time about ourselves

The 2 minutes in question against Carlton “We reviewed that 2 minutes over a 3hr period “

Tells me the depth they go to improve and pick the mistakes we make and as well the better things

We are on course ladies & gents

blybo 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:09 pm

Big T wrote:
think positive wrote:
mattdally wrote:
Would also like to thank the Western Bulldogs. The Adam Treloar draft pick was used on Ollie Henry Very Happy

really? wow, thats a fricken bargain!!

Treloar continually under performs against better sides. Lipinski doesn't.

I was never a huge Ads fan but he played a pretty good finals series and made us look silly when we played them a few weeks ago. Having said that I was happy to let him go but wish him well... except when playing us
blybo 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:13 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Big T wrote:

Don’t worry, I had to eat my hat for bagging De Goey for not going hard enough and not enough tackling 😂

It’s great having Lippinski, JDG, Adams, Crisp, Daicos in the middle. Sidey can do what he does best and there isn’t the pressure to rack up 80 possessions between him and Pendles to win the game.

Not sure if you noticed or not, but JDG was coughing up half a lung straight after the win. He's obviously still feeling the effects of the flu and having to choose his moments.
My kids have just gone back to school after having 10 days (2 weekends and 6 school days) of being crook. Can't imagine either playing sport for awhile.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:43 pm

Big T wrote:

I agree...not that you are a fool, but that Sidey has been absolutely fantastic of late. He has strung together three awesome games over the last three weeks. And it is clear that when he plays well, this has a major impact on the aggression and the power of our ball movement. He has been linking the chain brilliantly up the wings and on the flanks. He has also been extremely dangerous to the opposition in our forward line.
It is just so great to see Sidey play brilliant football again.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:51 pm

It’s almost impossible (Sidey)to pick if he’s a left footer or a right footer so good is his disposal when he resists those dinky kicks he was using way back
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:57 pm

Any win we can get against the Hawks is a win for the ages. Our record against them over the last 10 years has been terrible, but honestly, over the last 40 years it has been for the most part absolutely diabolical. When the skid marks come out to play we have gone for slippery rides straight to hell so many times. So, to get over the line after giving up a lead, getting headed then finishing over the top is a win I value very highly.

I thought that we did not handle the combination of pressure and wet weather all that well, not like we did against Freo. In this game I thought (especially in the third quarter) we tried to play dry weather footy too much. We looked to use handball when a quick kick was needed, we tried to slow the play and look for options when a quick kick was needed, we tried to pick the ball up when a quick kick off the ground was needed. We just did not adapt the way we needed to while the Hawks played direct to goal footy which got them right back into the game.

The last quarter was an arm wrestle, we got back to playing the conditions better but again we just couldn't hit the scoreboard. They got a couple of goals and looked like taking the game away from us, this was a dark moment to feel this way. But, somehow we got up and kicked two goals from JDG and Henry to find the lead and managed to hold them off for a crazy few minutes of intense scramble. What a game overall and what a feel good win to hold on when the final seconds were counting down. Just like last week.

I thought Cameron was such a dominant player for us all day. He just kept moving around contest to contest driving our play forward. A superb performance from him and IMO his greatest game for us so far. Cox was good again (probably not suitable conditions for his type though to be fair), but he just kept competing well and often, this is the one-two ruckman combo we need and it is coming at a bargain low-cost, no million dollar a year players there, just good honest money-ballers which I like in ruckmen.

Nick Daicos was sublime and showed his full range of ball hunting, carrying and delivering skills in wet conditions. 36 disposals, not sure of his efficiency but his game was superb also, what a find he is turning out to be. Another great clutch marking and goal kicking performance from Oli Henry. This guy is really starting to show his class. Such good hands, such great timing in the air and does he know where the sticks are. Yes, he may miss one here and there, but he makes up for it and that is crucial. He doesn't go into his shell, he keeps presenting.

I thought Adams, Crisp, Lipinski, JDG & Sidey were all just outstanding around the ball. All fought hard to win contests, to close down the space of Hawks mids and were able to create turnovers. They did go missing in the 3rd quarter which was a strange old quarter, it was like we went to the pub for a $10 pot and parma for 30 minutes, but they at least did come back and resumed their great work in the last.

Again, just another great team performance. I really feel like the team is starting to gel very well. No, we don't do it for 4 qtrs but we do it for long enough to win most games and what more can we ask for. Our kids are really growing faster than I had expected. They have surprised me pleasantly these first 3 months of the season. I didn't think we'd win 7 games all year but here we are at 7-5 and looking like a finals contender.

Isn't footy a crazy ol' game?

Great stuff Pies!!

MONCO: Your life.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:34 pm

dalyc wrote:
Losing Treloar was hardly devastating. In the end we dumped some salary and swapped him for Lipinski. I’d call that a neutral result at worst.

I view it like “we could have had both”
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:58 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Patty is a terrific young bloke too, good head on his shoulders

Great to see the coaches recognise him with a vote. I reckon like Cameron he's a bloke who needed a lot of confidence work to know he belongs and can mix it with the best. We know he's got skill and can read the play, but footy's such a physical game it's easy for players with ability but inner doubt to go into their shell.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:01 pm

mudlark wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Losing Treloar was hardly devastating. In the end we dumped some salary and swapped him for Lipinski. I’d call that a neutral result at worst.

I view it like “we could have had both”

Don’t know for sure but I think Lipinski left the Dogs because he wanted to play top grade and had been squeezed out of the midfield. Part of that squeeze was Treloar. So, if Treloar had stayed with us, Lipi would have played more with the Dogs and wouldn’t have left.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:25 pm

Just listened to Triple M and Pendles

One the Moore goal square free “ Pendles said the non officiating ump was next to me 50 metres away paid that free

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:19 pm

De Goey's Goal was magical.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: