Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The New ALP Federal Government

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Nah, my understanding is pumped hydro is using stored energy that was generated off peak when it's cheap to pump water uphill so it comes back down through turbines generating more energy at peak times.

You cannot create more energy in that process than you consume, that would defy physics, so it's a net consumer of energy. The accouting trick is you're using "cheap" energy to create less but more expensive energy.

Correct weight IMO and from what I’ve heard on radio and read a while ago. The Hydro 2 should’ve been scrapped.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:15 pm

The new government is going to have its work cut out as interest rates increase, as inflation increases and the cost of transitioning to a new carbon less economy is taken into account (10 years of inaction when we coulda been well ahead of the pack). Add the debt inherited by the Morrison so called Government makes it a poisoned chalice in many respects.

Add to that the state of health care across Australia, the Aged Care mess let alone the funding drain of the NDIS makes it a shocking time to win government in many respects.

roar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:19 pm

Certainly seems a poisoned chalice.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:57 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Add to that the state of health care across Australia,

The States run Public Health, every state does it different, all the feds do is hand over some cash. If states claim it isn't enough, maybe they should put more money in rather than building tunnels or removing level crossings.

WA has the worst public health service in the country and the largest budget surplus. Go figure.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:39 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Nearly choked on my keto dinner:

Back on the Keto? How's the weight going? Nearly 2 years and I'm still on 90kg.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:49 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Nearly choked on my keto dinner:

Back on the Keto? How's the weight going? Nearly 2 years and I'm still on 90kg.

Got into a good paddock for a while but 8 weeks ago recommenced: 7kg down and 10 to go. Still cycling and spin classes but hills a lot easier. Training for 210 km around the bay in a day in October.

90 kg is good, well done you 👍

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:40 am

Cheers, having lost the weight I find I don't need to be as strict with the diet to maintain it, provided I keep the exercise up.

Minimum 30 minute walk 5 days a week before breakfast plus routine with Kettlebell and Y bell. Been able to crack 9 minutes per km pretty regularly, just knocked off 4.64km in 41:38 (GPS tracked, not steps).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: