Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who Plays Cricket?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:27 am
Post subject: Who Plays Cricket?Reply with quote

How many of you people out there actually play cricket? I'm interested in how you have been going this season.

My club has an A Grade and 2 B Grade teams. A Grade are on the top of the ladder and the B Grade teams are 1st and 2nd. Although my team lost yesterday so we could drop down to 3rd.

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I play for Spring Gully in the B's as our opening batsman. Im struggling a little but then again theyre bowling some pretty good nuts to get me out.

Our B's are struggling, The A's are going ok in second but have lost three on the trot. I think next game I'm going up to the A's to get away from the new ball for my benefit and to bolster the middle order for their benefit.

Fradam Wrote This
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:35 am

yeah i play for the cranbourne under17 1's the day before my birthday i made 196 my best score eva! sure the bowling was shit but i had my eye in that day, we havent lost a game yet and are on top. but have won 2 games by under 10 runs.

ive played in 2 winning finals, the first final i played in was like the best game ive eva been involved in! we were battin and chasing 177 to win and we made it by 1 wicket.

footy ROX!
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 1:37 pm

Clokey were u pissed that u didn't get 200, or were u just happy with 196?

MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:44 pm

I can't play cricket to save myself LoL I am terrible! It's fun trying to play but yes I think I should just stick to being a spectator!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:37 am

We played yesterday in a one dayer, slogfest. We conceded 276 from 40 overs and fell just 5 runs in our run chase. 547 runs in 80 overs, now theres an interestings days cricket.

Fradam Wrote This
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:17 pm

Wow! Great effort, Fradam. 7 r.p.o. needed to win - from the first over! Where did you bat and what did you get? Did your team get dismissed? Or did you need a six from the last ball?

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:55 am

well i played beach cricket last week, and thats pretty much about it, mrs tazza, i think im in ur boat, cant really play 2 save my life and im gonna stick to spectating!

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:10 am

Well Donny I'm a worker of the ball and not suited by the one day game so I came in down the order....well we needed some slogging and I made 5 before being bowled trying to loft an off spinner over cover....well i think thats what I was trying to do, it wasn't a shot I want to remember

Fradam Wrote This
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:17 pm

Gee. Our game was the opposite to yours Fradam.
We played a 40 over match as well. We started poorly by loosing the toss and being sent in, before our No.1 batsman was bowled 1st ball of the day. at one stage we were 3/8 off 6 overs. We continued to strugle and were 6/40 until and 87 run partnership between 2 lower order batsman helped push the score to 9/157 from our 40 overs. (I made a duck)
Wethen were in trouble with the opposition at 1/44 after 15. But we soon recovered and bowled them out for 78. I made up for my duck by taking 2/11 from 6 overs.

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:27 am

Well let me tell you something folks. In my time I've made a few ducks and a golden duck before but this weekend a new low. First ball I've faced I've hit yorker out to the gully fielder, I say wait although I have no intention of running unless he misfields, hear a yell of yes yes yes and turn to see my batting partner already halfway down the track. Want to send him back but he's too far down so I have to go and was narrowly run out by say half the pitch for a golden duck.

Not happy Jan!!!!!!!!!

Great idea from the batsman who followed me in to not take his bat out there but to take mine off me as I could've been doing a Haydos to the dressing room.

Fradam's word of the day NO

Fradam Wrote This
Nick_Lonie37 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:09 am

Well I play in thr thirds, should be in firsts or seconds but I have to work when they play, which is a pain, but I need the money!!! Han (Clokey_34) comes and watches and sledges the other teams better than most of us do!!!- shes a pro at it!!!

**Ryan Rules
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:06 pm

We play cricket in winter, up here. Our community formed a cricket club in 1982. We joined a local comp in '83 and won the Cup in our first year. We've won it 7 times since and were runners up in last year's Grand Final.

In twenty years we've made 12 GFs for 8 wins. We play for The Bush Cricketers' Cup, an old cream can.

On a personal level, I've won the comp bowling aggregate 5 times and been second 4 times but I'm more proud of my captaincy record (elected skipper in our first game and still doing it) and that I've never missed a game in 20 years.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:10 pm

Lol when my bro was like 18 and under he played cricket. And he used to practise at home with his mates and i used to come out and see if i could play so he'd make me the stumps! Or if he was being generous he would make me the ball getter. So they would play at the oval across the road and whack it ages away! lolz! I always went back to play though!!!!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

My SoNg Of ThE wEeK

"Informer u no say daddy me, Snow me I'll go blame, A licky boom boom down, Detective mon said daddy me, Snow me stab someone down the lane, A licky boom boom down"
*Informer- Snow*
One Of The Best Days Of My Life- December 17th, 2002! I love you Jarrod Molloy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:22 am

Anyone play in the VTCA???
I play at Sth Caulfield in the 1's, we are 4th at the moment, hopefully finals bound with 2 games to go. Our 2nds are 2nd & 3rds are 3rd, so we are a pretty strong club at the moment...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: