Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidey was exceptional as well

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:46 pm

I thought when Cox kicked that 50m goal in the early part of the third quarter off the back of hard work in the middle we were going to win and put in a great last quarter.

Should have if we kicked goals in the first quarter should have won it then but happy with the final quarter.

Only time i felt uncomfy was at quarter time.

We egded closer and closer to the Dees all day then wiped them off the floor in the last.

Great game thought Moore is back to his usal best Moore does what Moore does. Like to see Howe pick up though maybe in the next game after the bye.

Think we play Gws after the bye again at the mcg think its a sat afternoon match. Probably get 50k there.

No injuires either from the dees match either which is helpfull.

I wonder how long Grundy is for return too ill say 2-3 weeks now.

We have a good draw gws mcg then suns in gold coast then north mcg are the next 3.

Have a good week.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:52 pm

correction we play gsw sunday 26th june 320pm start mcg gates open 2pm melbourne cricket ground mcg
blybo 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:54 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
MC's Mix wrote:
In the future we'll look back and give some more credit to Buckley for having the nads to play the kids at the end and instill a solid team-defense. McCrae to his credit has utilised that to full effect, but make no mistake, we'd be nowhere near as good if those basics weren't drilled in first.

Reminds me a bit of Tony Shaw from way back, playing a hugely attacking style but without the cattle. He never really got the credit he deserved in my opinion for playing the kids and backing them.

Loving what we've been putting up this year, I had minimal expectations (and still don't think we'll be a serious threat just yet) but am so happy to see the energy and passion from the group, which is translating to getting wins on the board.

Go Pies!

We will never look back to Buckley and credit him with much as our coach. The style we are playing now, the melding of attack and defence, has absoltuely nothing to do with anything Buckley did. In 2018, it was clearly the influence of Longmuir and Hocking that almost won the flag. Without them, Buckley's coaching was mostly incompetent - and Harvey's as well. The proof?? Today's game (and several others this year)

Some might not, but others could also credit Buckley's huge tackle pressure theory as assistant coach for getting us the 2010 win. If that last 90sec had gone differently on 2018 history would read very differently.
blybo 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:03 pm

Pep wrote:
Currently in sunny Croatia lapping up the win with beer or three!

Kayo doesn't work over here, so was kept up to date by the afl app my nrother over messenger and the of course The Nicksters!!

Install a VPN and tell it you are in Oz then Kayo will work
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:18 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
MC's Mix wrote:
In the future we'll look back and give some more credit to Buckley for having the nads to play the kids at the end and instill a solid team-defense. McCrae to his credit has utilised that to full effect, but make no mistake, we'd be nowhere near as good if those basics weren't drilled in first.

Reminds me a bit of Tony Shaw from way back, playing a hugely attacking style but without the cattle. He never really got the credit he deserved in my opinion for playing the kids and backing them.

Loving what we've been putting up this year, I had minimal expectations (and still don't think we'll be a serious threat just yet) but am so happy to see the energy and passion from the group, which is translating to getting wins on the board.

Go Pies!

We will never look back to Buckley and credit him with much as our coach. The style we are playing now, the melding of attack and defence, has absoltuely nothing to do with anything Buckley did. In 2018, it was clearly the influence of Longmuir and Hocking that almost won the flag. Without them, Buckley's coaching was mostly incompetent - and Harvey's as well. The proof?? Today's game (and several others this year)

So when we lost to WCE this year whose fault was it?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:23 pm

i honestly dont know why its necessary to look back now.

Bucks will always be a club champion, and no matter what, he took us to within 5 points of the Premiership (we were robbed!!)

im lovin the new regime, from the coach to the office to the field,

just enjoy it!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:26 pm

Exactamundo TP. Cool
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:42 pm

Just watched all the goals, again.

Pendles was involved in SO many. Absolute champion.

There were times when he looked like the Pendles of old - where the play seemed to go into slo-mo, whenever he gathered the ball. Very Happy

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:06 pm

Let’s not underestimate continuity with our team right now.

Almost an unchanged line up for 4-5 weeks straight. Funny what happens when we have the same group playing together week in week our as opposed to 2-5 changes every week as had become the norm for the past 5-10 years.

So THIS is what other clubs experience? I like it.

Elliott is an animal. He has every trick in the book and footy smarts, yet isn’t afraid to do every 1 percenter and sacrifice his game and body for the rest of the team. No surprise that our win streak has occurred at the exact time he came back into the team.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:07 pm

neil wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
MC's Mix wrote:

Go Pies!

So when we lost to WCE this year whose fault was it?

The goal kicking

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:42 pm

I love rewatching games you see so much more second time around
A few things caught my attention

1. 4 of there goals were from our direct errors (3 snaps from turnovers close to goal and a dumb 50m free) take those away our defence was outstanding
2. Noble IQ and N Daicos give us so much momentum out of the defensive 50 it causes issues for teams trying to shut them all down
3. Cox is better suited as ruck forward. He gives us a bail out down the line coming out of defence at a minimum he brings it to ground.
4. WHE did a great job shutting Langdon down for long periods today
5. Elliott may be our most important player. Not only does he kick goals but his work on the ball is elite as well
6. Josh D is flying under the radar his work rate is exceptional. Look at how many times he turns up in support of team mates under the pump
7. Henry is a keeper. He just keeps presenting and now he is a reliable kick in front of goal. Put him down for 50 goals a season
8. Cameron just keeps on improving each week
9. Pendles is defying time. He just doesn’t look slowing down between the ears
10. Howe and Moore are finally working together better

This team has cohesion and belief in each other. There appears to be no egos Pendles will hand the ball off to Noble or Daicos, checkers will take defenders away for Henry, Adams will lay the Shepard for Crisp, Howe will cover for Moore to leave his man it’s team work at every level
Finally there’s been some really negative comments about Buckley
Let’s be honest he didn’t deliver a premiership should have didn’t
But the defensive mindset he instilled in the players is still there
It wasn’t going to win flags but now coupled with a care free attacking approach we are still capable of defending when needed
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:44 pm

How to rate the ferocious tackle machine Big Bad Beau

He would have to be dang close to best tackler at Collingwood for a long time

Jack Crisp says he is strongest player at the club

Last edited by BazBoy on Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:44 pm

you're absolutely right about Elliott RH. He's a bloody champion.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:55 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

4. WHE did a great job shutting Langdon down for long periods today

Yep - noticed on the day Langdon had no impact - but has been in AA form.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: