Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Home Solar Panels/batteries.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

16 x 415W LONG Hi-MO LR5-54HPB-415M panels and x GoodweGW6000-DNS-30 (AS4777-22020) Inverter. I have used more power this month. Bill is showing $5.76 less my feed in approx $130 credit.

Looked at changing to the Heat Pump I can't see the value in change as the gas bill for the gas heater is minimal. The Gas bill that kills us is the central heating.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:55 pm

^ yeah, I wouldn't change a working HWS. But once it needs to be replaced, a Solar connected heat pump could be a better option - depends on the price differential between a gas storage, gas instantaneous and heat pump storage at the time of the decision.

But the heat pump should have near minimal running costs - using day time solar to heat the water.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:56 pm

^

Yeah, I went and bought a split system for the front living area yesterday, getting it installed Tuesday. The Gas Log Fire in the room looks brilliant but shit it chews through gas. Once the split system is installed I'll turn off the pilot light and leave it there for looks.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:13 pm

We put a split system in the lounge, the ducted works to hard and burns through gas as our house is very open plan. He put it near my seat and the air con pissed me off on those stinkers! Turned it on heat as the footy started, oh my stars, im in Love!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:13 pm

We put a split system in the lounge, the ducted works to hard and burns through gas as our house is very open plan. He put it near my seat and the air con pissed me off on those stinkers! Turned it on heat as the footy started, oh my stars, im in Love!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:05 pm

Guys have finished the install. It's a Panasonic, 4.5kw heating and 3.2 cooling. Got it going at the moment, works brilliant. I connected it to the home WIFI and can control it from my phone so when I'm coming home from Toc I can make sure it's either cool or toasty when I get home.

And the best part is, on a limited sample size, it's costing me nothing to run during the day time. The panels are more than covering it. Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:13 pm

oooh i like the remote idea! enjoy!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:16 pm

^

Cheers

Took Mum today to Greensie Plaza to get a haircut, do a bit of shopping (new handbag and dressing gown) and had lunch. Turned the system off before I left to go out, so tried the phone app after lunch to turn it back on to warm up before we got home. Works like a bought one.

Interesting the remote doesn't sync with the phone app. The remote thought it was still off, but it's going, so I just needed to get the remote on the same page.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: