Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies v. Giants. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Question, how important is JDG to our team?

It's hard to assess, really. We just beat GWS for the first time in 4 years without him and his record against them since then has been very poor. On the other hand, he probably would have had Chugg's 2 kicks, 3 handballs and 53% game time covered.

He probably would have those stats covered in the first ten minutes of the game.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:36 pm

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Let’s put some perspective into things.

We are 2 games from top of the ladder.

We were given no hope at the beginning of the year.

We don’t really have a forward line, and the one we do is a mixture of Elliot, who hasn’t played a lot of footy last few years, couple developing young forwards in Ginnivan and Henry, plus a forward who played most of his career as a fullbacker.

We also had one of the worst weeks the clubs gone through and we still beat a side full of first round draft picks.

Let’s just enjoy the moment.

Damn straight, i was kinda content, in this re build year, new Coach, new gameplan, Kids, for about 8-9 wins, so we have already more than exceeded my expectations. Fly is a genius, and has some great Assists in Leppa and Bolts, so its really amazing progress, so fast. Surprised Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:36 pm

Haff wrote:

19-20. Hardly a landslide, as close to 50:50 as you can be without being even... From memory we are in the top third for free kick differentials this year. No truth to “always”.

Mate you know that final free kick count is MEANINGLESS. It's always where the frees are paid and often the frees that are NOT paid that makes the difference. Is one of your relatives a maggot? Shocked
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:37 pm

Collingwood 11.22.88
GWS 12.5.77.

Goals: Elliott 2, Mihocek 2, Henry 2, Cameron 2, Sidebottom, Ginnivan, McCreery.

Disposals: Sidebottom 26, N Daicos 25, Adams 24, J Daicos 23, WHE 23, Maynard 22, Lipinski 21.

AF points: Cameron 111, Pendlebury 106, Sidebottom 98, WHE 98, Adams 94, Maynard 92, J Daicos 85, Lipinski 84, Ginnivan 76.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:40 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Gross. The only sport that ‘rewards’ a miss with a score.

We technically lost if it’s about scoring goals through the big sticks.

Never change, Pies.

Wrong! You score if you get the ball between the behind posts. You are rewarded if you can kick it though the two goal posts. The sports doesn't reward a miss. It rewards those who can kick it through the goal posts.

We technically won as the score is a combined score of goals and behinds.

Thanks, Literal Larry

No probs Hysterical Harry!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:41 pm

shawthing wrote:
Haff wrote:

19-20. Hardly a landslide, as close to 50:50 as you can be without being even... From memory we are in the top third for free kick differentials this year. No truth to “always”.

Mate you know that final free kick count is MEANINGLESS. It's always where the frees are paid and often the frees that are NOT paid that makes the difference. Is one of your relatives a maggot? Shocked

Yep, im still fuming over that late non free to Maynard in the 2018 GF, cost us a Premiership it may well have. Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:42 pm

Young Chugg didn’t feature much in the game

A game next week I’m not sure but I was surprised Poulter didn’t come in against the Giants

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:47 pm

swooper wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Let me just add one more thing, never thought I'd say this but here we go....

WHE was awesome today!!!

Best game for the club in 4 years. He controlled and dominated his wing all day. Hit ups, linking chains, crucial marks. He presented all day and stayed involved for 4 qtrs.

Just thought I'd give credit where it was due as he is much maligned.

Agree. Beat me to it. Reckon he has been pretty alright a lot of this year...

Absolutely. He’s been playing like a German band of late. There weren’t many who handled those conditions better than WHE. I don’t know what strategy Fly is pulling between Sidey and W H E but it’s as if both of them are playing with leprosy over the last month.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:56 pm

My sincere apologies to the following: WHE, Sidey, Cameron, Cox, and the selection committee. All of the above have been over and above in these past six weeks.

May I suggest that the group has been entirely motivated by the absence of Grundy, Kreuger, McInnes, Wilson and the carping criticism from sections of the media about some unsavoury off-field stuff?

Kelly, McMahon, Dean, Harrison, Carmichael, Macrae, Tyler Brown, Callum Brown, Draper, Ruscoe, Begg, Bianco, Poulter and Murley continue to work on their craft in the VFL.

Not sure how we can improve on the effort, but Grundy and De Goey should make a considerable difference to the quality of the team put out each week.

I'm not sure who was the injury sub today, but I would be seriously looking at Macrae coming into the 22- I think that we need to give this lad the chance to come in to a vital game.

Floreat pica, folks.

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:06 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

It's hard to assess, really. We just beat GWS for the first time in 4 years without him and his record against them since then has been very poor. On the other hand, he probably would have had Chugg's 2 kicks, 3 handballs and 53% game time covered.

but Chugg's time is an investment in the future

Not, on the basis of today, an investment likely to yield a great return. The kid tried hard but he had not been starring in the magoos and he didn’t see a lot of it.

DeGoey will be the biggest upgrade since I got rid of Windows Vista.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:18 pm

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:

We don’t really have a forward line, and the one we do is a mixture of Elliot, who hasn’t played a lot of footy last few years, couple developing young forwards in Ginnivan and Henry, plus a forward who played most of his career as a fullbacker.

We also had one of the worst weeks the clubs gone through and we still beat a side full of first round draft picks.

This!

Man those last minutes were hell!
My sister took me and hubby to the AFL members dining room, great food and service, seat wise I missed being near the nice noisy cheer squad!

So good to see WHE back to his old self, Sidey so important, the 2 Darcy’s outstanding. And Murphy is shades of moore, I love watching the kids, Beau, Q, and ginnie, saw him and Murphy arrive at the MCG, ginnie was swamped!

7th! Amazing turn around from last year!

Go pies! I’m knackered, like I played!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:19 pm

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:

It’s odd isn’t it. You can finish 17th last year, be off 5 wins in a row and 7th on the ladder and some peoples first instinct is to complain about bad kicking. If I thought the players set out to do it, then I’d be worried. That’s footy. If it was that easy, we wouldn’t have a need for point posts.
There’s no big deal about bad goal kicking as long as you win. We belted them in so many areas, it was only the finishing that made it close.
They are ( were ) our bogey team. They fielded their best team for the year and still knocked them off. Like B B A W said “ let’s just enjoy the moment “
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:20 pm

Isn't footy just so much nicer and life just a little friendlier a place when your footy team is up and about and winning?

Everything just seems better, doesn't it? I'm four Heinekins in post-game and just popped a bottle of stout which I hate but even the stout tastes like sweet, sweet victory!

Go Pies, I love you so much!

MONCO: Your life.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:27 pm

Frustrating to watch at times with the poor conversion BUT the overwhelming response has to be that these might be the most important 4 points of the year so far given the week the club has had.

Well done team.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:38 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

GWS also playing their worst football in 4 yrs.
And you could also say Collingwood lost to W.C without Jordy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11   

Jump to: