Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies v. Giants. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
The Fly is a friggin Genius, fact. !

So was it a good decision to change the coach.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:19 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
piedys wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
^^ Everything Piedys said above! 👏

Thanking you oh Great Sensei! Razz

I second that! All Dyso says is gospel and we all say so it be true! Cool

Yep, have to agree.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:21 pm

For a game of wasted opportunities and kicking less goals than GWS did, I’m still buzzing from the win! It’s been a horrid week and we showed so many positives. Buy yourself a good pair of shades because the future is looking bright! 😎
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:30 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Let me just add one more thing, never thought I'd say this but here we go....

WHE was awesome today!!!

Best game for the club in 4 years. He controlled and dominated his wing all day. Hit ups, linking chains, crucial marks. He presented all day and stayed involved for 4 qtrs.

Just thought I'd give credit where it was due as he is much maligned.

Yeah, that's what caught my eye, too. You know something different is happening at the club because every player is eventually breaking through, from Cameron, Coxy and now WHE (maligned) and Sidey (losing faith fast in recent seasons), without anything being taken away from players that have been good without question, like Pendles, Bruzzy and Checkers, with young guns rising and adding energy as you'd hope. Then there are good players finding new levels of consistency, like Crispy and Jamie. And Lipinski coming into the team and discovering he can deliver at a high level.

You just can't see anyone losing by being part of this team, no matter their situation or challenges.

I'm in love with the coach, I confess, but he's just everything in my mind's eye a coach and a leader needs to be. The buy in and the balance between working with the individual, like Cameron and WHE, and groups, like the young forwards or older mids, and the team as a whole, is just another level. Look at the discipline with which he's managed our generational talent, young Daics. Then of course the supreme maturity with which he handles a crisis, deals with tricky questions, and keeps the feral media in its place.

He was taught by the best, and by god it shows. Now watch gun players start to look at our club like something they want to be part of, rather than a chance to leverage dollars or start a bidding war to drive up their market value.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:39 pm

schuey07 wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
piedys wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
^^ Everything Piedys said above! 👏

Thanking you oh Great Sensei! Razz

I second that! All Dyso says is gospel and we all say so it be true! Cool

Yep, have to agree.

Excellent! It is a unanimous decision then - we are totally validated in our self righteousness, with many great minds thinking alike!

Next Victim to the gallows please, Your Honour!

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:48 pm

think positive wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Let’s put some perspective into things.

We are 2 games from top of the ladder.

We were given no hope at the beginning of the year.

We don’t really have a forward line, and the one we do is a mixture of Elliot, who hasn’t played a lot of footy last few years, couple developing young forwards in Ginnivan and Henry, plus a forward who played most of his career as a fullbacker.

We also had one of the worst weeks the clubs gone through and we still beat a side full of first round draft picks.

Let’s just enjoy the moment.

This!

Man those last minutes were hell!
My sister took me and hubby to the AFL members dining room, great food and service, seat wise I missed being near the nice noisy cheer squad!

So good to see WHE back to his old self, Sidey so important, the 2 Darcy’s outstanding. And Murphy is shades of moore, I love watching the kids, Beau, Q, and ginnie, saw him and Murphy arrive at the MCG, ginnie was swamped!

7th! Amazing turn around from last year!

Go pies! I’m knackered, like I played!

I liked these comments.
Been a great year so far
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:53 pm

Fantastic victory. We were in control the entire day, bar the first half of the first quarter. Bizarre umpiring decisions in the last quarter clearly unsettled us a little, but we we jammed back into defensive mode and repelled the danger. By now, we know how to defend slender leads, and this lead never became as desperately thin as in some of our previous games.
Our kicking inaccuracy for goal really flattered the Giants. The margin should have been far greater.
Massive game from Darcy Cameron who is just excelling atm.
Steele Sidebottom has returned to the form we saw several years ago. He is back to star status in a big way.
WHE and Steele dominated the wings and were constantly crucial links in the chain of ball movement forward, as well as going back to help out in defence. Fantastic game from both of these two.
Noble just works so hard. Bobs up everywhere. He is just a gem.
Finally, Jack Ginnivan. That was a fine game from him today. He is just a little dynamo, an amazing Jack in the box, and an incredible thorn in the side of the opposition.There is something about this kid which gets under the skin of the opposition. It was amazing to see GWS players appealing to the umpires, claiming that the free wasn't there because Ginnivan "does this every game". Then it was hilarious to watch the wide grin on his face when a GWS player felled him off the ball and the 50 m penalty was given to Noble. GWS players were constantly grinding him into the turf, such was their exasperation. But then, even as Ling commented, he never complained: just jumped right back out of the box and got involved in the next play. He is an absolute gem as well.
I was super impressed by the way we played such disciplined, structured football today as well. The coaching is absolutely brilliant. Fly and co must have fully anticipated how GWS wanted to play, and our ability to choke off their preferred options throughout the game was outstanding, and was what set up this victory.
Well done Pies.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:17 pm

...and great game from Maynard to celebrate his 150th.
It was brilliant how our we totally shut Toby Green out of the game.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:19 pm

Thoughts:

* WHE best game for the club
* How annoying is our goal conversion vs theirs (bullshit)
* Chugg's one and only game for us
* Chugg selection was akin to Brent Hall circa 2005
* Cox back to normalcy
* Grundy is going to have to work on his forward craft
* JDG needs to stop sooking it up and repays us against Gold Coast next week
* D Moore leaks goals despite his upside

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:21 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Let me just add one more thing, never thought I'd say this but here we go....

WHE was awesome today!!!

Best game for the club in 4 years. He controlled and dominated his wing all day. Hit ups, linking chains, crucial marks. He presented all day and stayed involved for 4 qtrs.

Just thought I'd give credit where it was due as he is much maligned.

Yeah, that's what caught my eye, too. You know something different is happening at the club because every player is eventually breaking through, from Cameron, Coxy and now WHE (maligned) and Sidey (losing faith fast in recent seasons), without anything being taken away from players that have been good without question, like Pendles, Bruzzy and Checkers, with young guns rising and adding energy as you'd hope. Then there are good players finding new levels of consistency, like Crispy and Jamie. And Lipinski coming into the team and discovering he can deliver at a high level.

You just can't see anyone losing by being part of this team, no matter their situation or challenges.

I'm in love with the coach, I confess, but he's just everything in my mind's eye a coach and a leader needs to be. The buy in and the balance between working with the individual, like Cameron and WHE, and groups, like the young forwards or older mids, and the team as a whole, is just another level. Look at the discipline with which he's managed our generational talent, young Daics. Then of course the supreme maturity with which he handles a crisis, deals with tricky questions, and keeps the feral media in its place.

He was taught by the best, and by god it shows. Now watch gun players start to look at our club like something they want to be part of, rather than a chance to leverage dollars or start a bidding war to drive up their market value.

Great post. This is the key. Suddenly it seems like everyone is performing at the best we have ever seen from them (well, except Pendlebury who has descended very slightly from being super-elite to merely elite). It makes you wonder what was happening last year, when even Sidebottow blew up. I had no idea when I first saw McCrae speak that he would be so transformational.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:27 pm

inxs88 wrote:

* Cox back to normalcy

Cox was not as good as last week but he was still serviceable.

Chugg was underwhelming but small fwd is a very tough giv, and he tried hard and was a bit unlucky a few times. Obvious out for de Goey but give him another game vs North.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:28 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Thoughts:

* WHE best game for the club
* How annoying is our goal conversion vs theirs (bullshit)
* Cox back to normalcy
* Grundy is going to have to work on his forward craft
* JDG needs to stop sooking it up and repays us against Gold Coast next week
* D Moore leaks goals despite his upside

I thought Cox was OK today.
Chugg...not sure how he went. From here, it looked like he didn't do much, but I have a feeling his role might have been one that from the (uneducated) sidelines was hard to detect.
I think our defence is still a work in progress. It is fantastic, and can become even more so. We are obviously meshing together a team defence system, not based on individual brilliancy, but instead an overall brilliancy based on the strategic use of all the individuals' key attributes.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:36 pm

Meredith1965 wrote:
Let me just add one more thing,
Great post. This is the key. Suddenly it seems like everyone is performing at the best we have ever seen from them (well, except Pendlebury who has descended very slightly from being super-elite to merely elite). It makes you wonder what was happening last year, when even Sidebottow blew up. I had no idea when I first saw McCrae speak that he would be so transformational.

I second that. Fly and his team have brought out the best in absolutely everyone. It is almost miraculous.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:23 pm

So impressed by this team, I haven't been this excited since 2018.

Ginnivan, Daicos, Quaynor, Cox, Sidey etc just enjoying the game.

Pendles is a legend.

But lads - improve conversion!

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:33 pm

Impressive performance, which wasn't reflected on the scoreboard. The last time we won a match despite scoring less goals than our opponent was against West Coast away from home back in 2019.

One thing I'm loving under McRae is our ability to be composed and win the close ones, which is something we always lacked under Buckley too often. We've won 4 games by a margin of two goals or less, so those wins are proving valuable in our quest for finals football.

Outstanding performance by Darcy Cameron. One of our most improved players this year with his marking, ability to read the play and his handy work in the ruck and up forward. Very well deserved contract extension.

We turned back time with impressive performances from our experienced players in the form of Sidebottom, Hoskin-Elliott, Maynard, Elliott and Pendlebury.

Amazing to think we've won 5 consecutive games. After last year's poor season culminating in a total of 6 wins, our improvement has been magnificent.

Gold Coast next week is a tough assignment. Going to be a great test for the playing group.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: