Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies v. Giants. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Jezza for the translation, much appreciated.
Boy I thought Buckley was good with the press, McCrae is a class above, brilliant answers, cleverly crafted, you’d swear it was a script!

Last quarter umpiring you’d swear they got a directive that GWS must win! My sister who often is in charge of the cops at games was so concerned she went to the front row as there were not cops thereto protect them. She will fix that! Not totally the umpires fault though, the rules are getting beyond understanding, in a fast game it’s just crazy, things need simplifying. 100 metre penalty should only be for physical contact. I have no problem with the rule if it’s applied equally to both sides, it clearly wasn’t.

Well done Bruz, man I love the guy, he’s a tank! WHE is back to what his potential was before he got injured, the things Moore does are so under rated, aside from the goal kicking I really can’t fault that effort. Ginnie is a champion, but you can see the Selwood effect! Never ever quits though, love it! Thank the lord for Cox and checkers too!

But especially for McCrae!

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:28 am

bally12 wrote:
Holy moly that no.13 umpire took the game by the scruff of the neck in the last and just about pulled GWS over the line from the clouds.This after earlier in the match he had decided to change the 30sec rule for Sidey when he was lining up for goal from the goal line. Rules for the rest of the AFL clubs but different rules for Collingwood. His explanation? He deemed that Sidey was "wasting time", and that "it's the instruction we have been given". He then told Sidey he was "taking the mickey". No mate, that's why it's written as a rule. The rule states you are allowed 30secs by which time you need to start your run up. It doesn't say "unless the umpire deems you are wasting time or taking the mickey". Outrageous.

Umpire was wasting our time!
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:34 am

bally12 wrote:
Holy moly that no.13 umpire took the game by the scruff of the neck in the last and just about pulled GWS over the line from the clouds.This after earlier in the match he had decided to change the 30sec rule for Sidey when he was lining up for goal from the goal line. Rules for the rest of the AFL clubs but different rules for Collingwood. His explanation? He deemed that Sidey was "wasting time", and that "it's the instruction we have been given". He then told Sidey he was "taking the mickey". No mate, that's why it's written as a rule. The rule states you are allowed 30secs by which time you need to start your run up. It doesn't say "unless the umpire deems you are wasting time or taking the mickey". Outrageous.

I'll tell you what else I noticed; when Pendles has a mark/free kick on half back, he is given a lot of time to get rid of it.....in one section he had the ball for must of been ten seconds, spots up Ginnivan for the short pass...and I swear the ump called play on after about 1.5 seconds. Just no consistency whatsoever from play to play
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:56 am

As I said the frustration thing !!

Darcy Moore bought it up after a game (think Hawks) where he stated frustration from poor decisions or scoring players get frustrated which impacts their next contest

Takes a lot of games from the kids coming in to learn to handle it

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:42 am

bally12 wrote:

Ben Brown should be called for play on every week then. He is taking the piss with a longer run up than Jeff Thomson. Seriously, what's to stop him going back a few extra metres when he is already using 45 seconds to kick.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:52 am

I assumed it was the clock issue, I swear I saw it start for a second and stop again. Sidey kept pointing at it but the ump was looking elsewhere and ignoring him. Goal in the end, so it ended well but geez. I blame the AFL, Rules Committee and umpiring boss for making umpiring such a convoluted mess these days.

I’m more annoyed at Cox, Pendles being held and blocked. And Ginnivan getting whacked in the head and forced to eat dirt constantly.
slangman 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:11 pm

As much as I’d like to blame the umpires, they seem to have a very difficult job with constant rule additions. When the public talk about rule changes many don’t understand that a rule introduced isn’t a replacement of a previous rule but just an extra rule on top of everything else.
This is where the pressure begins and confusion is the result.
Watching the game yesterday, I couldn’t believe how much “direction and advice” the umpires give to players. Stand, outside 5, move it on, play on, ruck nomination, line up to the centre of the goal, let him go etc etc.
That all amongst actual free kicks and marks.
The AFL have added to many layers to umpiring and I for one feel for the umps because they have so many a extra layers to their job whilst still needed to focus on their main task.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:18 pm

AFL is blaming abuse and player dissent for umpires quitting footy, but they should be looking in the mirror and at the rules committee and umpiring bosses more concerned with virtue signalling. Make AFL umpiring a full time job, but AFL would rather overpay AFLW and Gold Coast.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:21 pm

bally12 wrote:
The rule states you are allowed 30secs by which time you need to start your run up. It doesn't say "unless the umpire deems you are wasting time or taking the mickey". Outrageous.

Interestingly the AFL rules (2022) doesn’t mention anything about 30 seconds for a set shot (I just looked). But I understand however that has been the convention.

In regards to time wasting, I also found this:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/139466/afl-to-crack-down-on-deliberate-time-wasters

I was aware they can call play on if you are taking the pi55…

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:31 pm

Issue was the clock was stopped. Sidey was pointing at it but the ump wasn’t listening/looking. Dingbats operating the clock stuffed up.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:37 pm

I’m still baffled on that Moore umpiring decision is everyone else never seen that happening ever before the deliberate rushed behind
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:43 pm

This weeks player P.O.T.W. Player of the Week

Brayden “Bruzz” Maynard—his highlights on Collingwood website well worth a look

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:54 pm

And how about this 👍

Darcy Cameron signed the contract extension during half time on Sunday

Things like that are inspiring in a week of outside scrutiny

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:04 pm

Signed it after kicking a goal, runner came out with the paperwork and Darcy signed it while running back to the middle to contest the next bounce 😂
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:07 pm

The most disappointing part of the score we kicked, was who the main offenders were. Josh Daicos kicked 4 behinds I think, Taylor Adams dribble kick, Ginnivan missed 2 or 3 gettables, Cox missed a sitter Lipinski missed a sitter and a lot of these unopposed running into an open goal. and yet GWS kicked 10 . 1 after 1/4 time. We can only improve on that performance. I'll add that we won at least 2 of the 4 previous wins in this run of 5 with great accurate goal kicking. We won and we are 1 win away from a top 4 berth and I'll be off to Metricon to see that happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: