Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 16 - Pies v. Suns.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the betting odds Gold Coast are narrow favourites, for whatever that's worth (and it may change during the week). But I agree that we should feel confident that we can win this one.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:07 pm

I think the key to this one is to learn from last time we played them when Chol and Casboult got hold of our defenders. They have both been exceptional scoring avenues for them this year. Yes, it wouldn’t be hard to play them closer than last time but we also need to apply more mid field pressure and that at least, is something we haven’t had trouble producing in recent weeks. Reckon the travel couldn’t come at a better time. Bit of bonding, out of the public eye and a different environment for a day or two. What’s not to like.

Last time we played them included - C Brown, T Brown, Begg, Madgen and DeGoey was very quiet.
This time player changes include - Elliot, Murphy, Cox, Henry, Chugg / DeGoey ??

Last edited by Pies2016 on Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:20 pm

David wrote:
According to the betting odds Gold Coast are narrow favourites, for whatever that's worth (and it may change during the week). But I agree that we should feel confident that we can win this one.

i found this hard to believe, but i looked it up, and it is true - Gold Coast 1.83, Colliongwood 2.01, go figure

happened to notice Geelong 1.01, North Melbourne 17.00- tempting to put the whole house on Geelong!!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:22 pm

Could be dangerous – they only got over the line against West Coast by 18 points a few weeks ago, so you never know …
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:06 pm

This is a mini final for mine.

Win and we virtually knock the sun's out of the finals race, they r chasing our spot.

Lose and we face a massive challenge to make the 8 with a low percentage and a killer final 3 games.

Make no mistake, this game is huge and will be very tough

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:04 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Can De Goey be trusted with all those theme parks up there?

What happens at Warner Brothers Movie World stays at Warner Brothers Movie World. And keep him away from SeaWorld, those dolphins aren’t as tame as they let on!
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:16 pm

A harder game than GWS at the G. Don't want to see either Chugg or Ruscoe in the team. De Goey comes back hopefully and I'd have Carmichael as the sub, in case De Goey decides to have a rave at the SpongeBob SquarePants splashdown area at wet and wild at half time.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:29 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
I think Nick Daicos might get a rest this week. He’s been fantastic, but I saw a couple of things yesterday that tell me he needs a rest and be back the week after.

How good is he!!??

He just had a rest last week ....

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:30 pm

Beware of Gold Coast on the rebound....
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:59 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Really? I doubt they would be favourites. And I reckon we are more than 50% chance of taking them out, even at Metricon.
But don't mind if we are not favoured to win. We always play well as the underdog.

We're very slight underdogs, which I don't mind.

I think the Suns are a solid outfit, so I'm expecting a tough contest.

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:18 pm

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
A harder game than GWS at the G. Don't want to see either Chugg or Ruscoe in the team. De Goey comes back hopefully and I'd have Carmichael as the sub, in case De Goey decides to have a rave at the SpongeBob SquarePants splashdown area at wet and wild at half time.

As much as I would like to see Carmichael in the side, he really needs full games under his belt. There is no point sending him to Gold Coast to play 1 quarter of footy.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:01 am

Jezza wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Really? I doubt they would be favourites. And I reckon we are more than 50% chance of taking them out, even at Metricon.
But don't mind if we are not favoured to win. We always play well as the underdog.

We're very slight underdogs, which I don't mind.

I think the Suns are a solid outfit, so I'm expecting a tough contest.

A fair bit going on the Suns early. Both sides opened at $1.91 with TAB. Sun's now $1.80, Pies $2.04.
I think we match up well in this and should grind out another win. The one time I don't back us by 40+, we'll kick straight and destroy them.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:02 am

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
As much as I would like to see Carmichael in the side, he really needs full games under his belt. There is no point sending him to Gold Coast to play 1 quarter of footy.

This is very true: Dean, Carmichael Begg, Murley, Tyler Brown and Johnson need a solid body of work in the VFL to even be remotely considered to have earned the spot in the AFL.

If one remembers back to the 1970's, guys like Tuck, Dipper and a number of other Hawks proved their mettle in the Reserves, as it was then, over a sustained period of weeks. Seemed to work OK for the Brown and Gold mob.

Out: Chugg
In: De Goey

Only the selectors would know if some of the younger guys are in need of a rest from fatigue- however, as pointed out above, they have just come off the bye so they should be cherry ripe.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:26 am

We’ve won five straight and have very few injuries. You’re going to need to be seriously ripping it up in the VFL before you dislodge any of our current AFL players ( injury and brain fades aside ) Chugg, of course is on thin ice but his selection was designed to fill a specific role deep in our forward line and the experience alone, will make him a better player.
Ask yourself a question, after Chugg ( replaced by DeGoey ) which player would next be dropped on the basis of poor form ? That’s how well this collective is going right now.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:37 am

What if De Goey is unavailable again? Personally, if so, I'd be inclined to persist with Chugg, or at worst make him injury sub and give Tyler Brown another crack.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: