Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

simon tonna wrote:
think positive wrote:
and I feel a bit sorry for Dew, what a match.

Thought this was a fans sight.🤨🤨🤨

It’s amazing how you can pick that sentence out of my positive post and make me sound negative, well done you!
What I actually said, (and seeing his face at the end my empathy was more than justified)

think positive wrote:
Gees, OMG, lotif guts, Daicosis a superstar, heart broken for Moore, and I feel a bit sorry for Dew, what a match. Ugly as, but yo come back and hold it, brilliant

If you want to have a crack at me without being a total twistie tool try this post!!!!

think positive wrote:
piffdog wrote:
Jeez - quick to lock the game thread. How about you jump on the Jordy thread with the same haste and wrap that one up…???

Got more touches in Bali Wink

Which is funny as hell!!!! Cheers from the sometimes sunny Gold Coast!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:29 pm

After being locked out of Nicks for ages, here’s my assessment of the game.

Make no mistake, this was a massive win. Cold Toast are a much improved team this year, and the humid and slippery conditions were always going to result in a sloppy and mistake ridden game. Our main passenger was JDG. Seemed like he was just going through the motions. He’d better put in a far, far better performance next week or face the rest of the season in the ressies.

Cox is revelling his time in the ruck, and his dominance of Witts went a long way to winning us the game. Boy oh boy Nick Daicos is already close to the best player in the AFL. He will win the Rising Star, is my tip for this years Norm Smith and will take some beating for the Charlie next year. Yes, he is that good. And he is our future captain.

Fingers crossed Moore’s injury only sidelines him for 3 weeks. Hopefully Dean just has a rolled ankle. At least Howe should return.

I love McCreery, but he needs to get his hands on the ball more. Overall, I’m rapt in our team. Looking forward to knocking the Blues out of the 8 in round 23. Go Pies!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:00 pm

Went to the game last night and other than the conditions it was largely a game of who made the least errors are the right time
We started slowly like we missed the siren going off
Players were second to the contest and chasing there opponents
Something clicked and then for next 45 minutes we basically controlled the entire game but without taking advantage of our dominance
A win is a win and 6 in a row is awesome
We’ve banked 10 for the season which at the beginning of the year had you been told we would have 10 wins I’m betting most would have gladly accepted
I think the thing I admire most about this team is there is no give up in them
They just keep going hard at the contest
On a side note anyone who took the nice odds of $2.80 on Nick Daicos to win rising star like I did are waiting for our winnings to come in
He is by far the most influential rookie I’ve seen in years
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:48 pm

Who took down the Nick's website for so long? A Gold Coast son?

Another happy weekend. Thanks Mighty Pies!!!
DT 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:52 pm

Best win of the season. How did we win? We will make finals now
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:54 pm

We showed a lot of ticker fighting back N. Daicos was huge. Noble's run was great. IQ although outpointed never gave in. J. Daicos was great. I hope Darcy isn't out long term , god he was good. Ruscoe I thought did some good things. Coxy and DC worked hard. The Bull was tough as usual , Ginnivan makes me laugh.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:28 am

Skids wrote:
I don't think Moores injury will be as bad as some are anticipating.

Still winning Cool

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:00 pm

Ginny didn’t have a lot of possession but three pocessions early each one a goal

What I’ll mark down as a classic was young brother to older brother for a great on the run goal

Oh and WHE snap was classic too eh!!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:15 pm

I’d like to add to Ginni—I’ve noticed Pendles talking to him lately

And also he is still excited about kicking a goal but less demonstrating

Did Pendles suggest he be less conspicuous ????

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:56 pm

Geez that was intense. One of the more enjoyable nights at the footy I've had for a while. Had a cross-over Pies / Sun member with us, he figured when they started the team, he was born on the GC so I sort of understood. He in himself provided some real entertainment, particularly when Casboult did well, Casboult things.
Great atmosphere, what a grinding comeback. What a season!
Make no bones about it, The Suns are coming, Stewart Dew is doing something right.

21.Ruscoe needs to be cut some slack, he was very important when the heat was on, really played his role. Has certainly put on some size. If he has half of Madges ticker, he can become a long term fixture in our backline.

28.Murphy had 3 distinct howlers during the night so I hope that was an aberration, as opposed to being found out under pressure.

32.WHE a.k.a. The Phantom (The Ghost who baulks) has had a revival and getting back to his 2018 form. His role as a link player and ability to do the mercurial, reminds me of a

37.Maynard is as hard as a cats head. Really liked his past 3 weeks, running into some form.

35.Nicky D, sublime, but hats off to big brother 7.JD, a mature and composed game. His contested possession work, particularly when needed was noticeable. The best combo since J.Cassidy and Might and Power.

Anyway, most of what I witnessed has been captured in the comments, while the match mightn't have been pretty, this was a very Collingwood-like and I love what Fly and the coaching panel have instilled in this group.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:16 pm

Fancy Gold Coast thinking they got ripped by the umpires and Mark Slobinson trying to relate to it on 360!! Turds.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:57 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Fancy Gold Coast thinking they got ripped by the umpires and Mark Slobinson trying to relate to it on 360!! Turds.

Yep - first I had heard of any contentious decisions in the dying moments.

Different game than the last couple. Instead of being all over the oppo and sneaking home we looked like we were cooked in the second half. The belief in the last 15 mins was a fresh path to the win.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:51 pm

If I were GCS I’d be asking how when they were two goals up the failed to stop us kicking three goals to get back into the game instead of looking for an excuse (umpire decisions) for loosing
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:57 pm

Another very good win.
I thought the signs were promising early, despite being a couple of goals down. Felt like we were killing them for the most part but the scoreboard never reflected that. Great effort to get back in front in the last. GC are on the up and they would've been super keen to get this win at home after losing a close one to Port last week. An electric team bonding performance.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:31 pm

piffdog wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

Yep - first I had heard of any contentious decisions in the dying moments.

Different game than the last couple. Instead of being all over the oppo and sneaking home we looked like we were cooked in the second half. The belief in the last 15 mins was a fresh path to the win.

Funny thing with the Ginni slide, which he seemed to flip himself away from the contest, was a high tackle on DeGoey which was clearly missed by the umpires. Had this been paid, the slide wouldn’t have happened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: