Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies prevail. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Greening gold wrote:
It’s a curious thing. Lot of people complaining, justifiably in my view, about the poor performance of our midfield. Yet Taylor Adams featured well in the votes for the Gavin Brown Medal. Sorry but I don’t get it. Adams does not win it out of the centre.
Do the rucks and the mids actually know each other? Do they practise set plays? Do they have plans? Cox is a very good tap ruckman and yet Davies-Uniacke seemed to know every time where it was going while our blokes fumbled and seemed unprepared for it to appear in front of them.
Look at how Naitanui clears it, or how Clark Keating (Brisbane Lions) used to punch it well clear of the surrounding scrum, and ask yourself why Cox doesn’t do that. As for Grundy - he just taps it to his feet. Do we even have a ruck coach and a midfield coach and have they ever thought to invite their players to meet each other and talk about football?

We were found out considerably yesterday by a team whom is getting a flogging every week and who is under resourced and hopelessly managed. Our midfield was spanked and our KP shorts are holding us back to keep us from breaking away week to week. It was so glaring to how important and desperate we are to find a key back and a key ff and a inside mid. Yesterday was a disappointment in some respects as the gains we have made this year will be nothing but a stepping stone for the future with this current squad until we have these three main cogs added to the team.
What your saying about our midfield group is also a glaring example of what needs to change.

joemamone@gmail.com 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:54 am

I for one was not surprised. The team had come off four very close hard fought wins including against teams we were not expected to defeat. Some let down should have been expected given the expectation of a much easier game. What it did expose however, is our relative lack of speed in the middle. Time to let McCreery off the leash!! It also highlighted our lack of height at both ends of the ground.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:32 pm

Donny wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Fly said as much in his presser.

Where can I find it, Mudman ?

It’s on the Collingwood app or website. They’ll have the press conference on.
https://www.afl.com.au/video/796137/full-post-match-r17-magpies?videoId=796137&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1657351079001

Last edited by mudlark on Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:34 pm

BazBoy wrote:
I was just noted that it was the largest margin at 3/4 time that they had to come back from since 1987

Which I presume to be the rnd.4 Richmond game at VFL Park.
I remember - I was there and 16 y/o!

I'm sure we've faced greater 3/4-time deficits since then and won?
Baz can you provide a link as to where that stat was gleaned from please?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:04 pm

So close, so glad we won, as had my two Grandsons there for their first ever game, all decked out so really wanted a win. Nerve wracking, i knew Nth would be in rotten mood, they were humiliated last week, for weeks, and i feel our lads were a bit cocky, Nth really turned up to play for sure. they were relentless, we clearly had a off day, for 3 Qtrs, but finally came good, at the right end, finished well, ran over them for a hard earned win. Two things, i wonder when we will next win a match by 10 goals, be nice for a change. And Kudos to Dermott Brereton, who gave me two thumbs up and big hi, coming into the game, over my Pink Floyd hoodie, onya Dermie !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:11 pm

Not so sure Moore is the definite in that we hope and if he joins Grundy, Adams and De Goey on the sidelines for the game against the Crows then this looms as a genuine 50/50 contest at best.

Yesterday showed that despite our ladder position we remain very vulnerable if our intensity drops away and/or are missing a few of our best players.

On the question of Moore if he doesn't get up then perhaps we might need to consider the taller McMahon for a role on the equally young KPP Thilthorpe. Seems like a good opportunity to expose him to AFL level and potentially expand our KP options for 2022.

As for who replaces Adams will it be Macrae or is the medi sub from yesterday T. Brown next in line?

I'm hoping for Macrae who backed up his VFL performance from the previous round by setting a new season (personal) high for disposals yesterday.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:20 pm

Macrae or T.Brown. I reckon we should have a look at Ash Johnson as well.

www.facebook/the hybernators
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:14 pm

piedys wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
I was just noted that it was the largest margin at 3/4 time that they had to come back from since 1987

Which I presume to be the rnd.4 Richmond game at VFL Park.
I remember - I was there and 16 y/o!

I'm sure we've faced greater 3/4-time deficits since then and won?
Baz can you provide a link as to where that stat was gleaned from please?

Here's the list. This was our equal-fourth-biggest comeback ever from a three-quarter-time deficit:

https://afltables.com/afl/teams/collingwood/gamer.html#18

1. Round 4 1987 vs Richmond (39 points)
2. Round 10 1970 vs St Kilda (35 points)
3. Round 8 1978 vs Footscray (34 points)
4. Round 3 1941 vs Fitzroy (26 points)
Round 17 1951 vs South Melbourne (26 points)
Round 17 2022 vs North Melbourne (26 points)
7. Round 6 1949 vs Essendon (25 points)
Round 13 1958 vs Hawthorn (25 points)
Round 19 1980 vs Fitzroy (25 points)
Round 1 2007 vs North Melbourne (25 points)

Ironically, that last one against North (where, if I recall correctly, Shannon Grant hit the post from the goalsquare with a minute to go) was until yesterday the only more-than-20-point three-quarter-time comeback we'd had since that Richmond game in 1987.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:17 pm

Don’t let the win fool you this was a side from top to bottom who was complacent
From when we lost Moore we didn’t look to replace our tallest remaining defender with a like for like player
When JDG goes out again we just didn’t pay the respect to north
North were always going to be wanting to win they’ve been under the pump for weeks and there coach admitted during the week he had erred not letting them attack more
Fast forward to half time the TV plan our shed and there’s 3 different players smiling and laughing
Considering the circumstances of how bad we were playing you would expect them to be a little more concerned about there own performance than sharing a joke
The game was finally won finally on the back of brothers Daicos Pendles Howe Mc Rae and Adams
We had to tackle anything that moved and rely on some individual brilliance to beat a side who lets face it is well below average
I hope the coaches see the half time footage of the sheds and rip players a new one because that attitude doesn’t lend itself to any form of long term success
On a positive note if the players follow the example set by brothers Daicos then we will be a far better team going forward

Crows next week is at best 50/50 now with Adams likely to miss now
We will need Moore back to handle one of there tall forwards
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:19 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
And Kudos to Dermott Brereton, who gave me two thumbs up and big hi, coming into the game, over my Pink Floyd hoodie, onya Dermie !

Funny the Pink Floyd connection, considering the contrast between Dermie's epic playing days and now just sitting in a commentary box.

Did you exchange
A walk-on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?

(FYI and OT, here's a great cover of Wish You Were Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUV9HqoKvo )
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:50 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Don’t let the win fool you this was a side from top to bottom who was complacent
From when we lost Moore we didn’t look to replace our tallest remaining defender with a like for like player
North were always going to be wanting to win they’ve been under the pump for weeks and there coach admitted during the week he had erred not letting them attack more
Fast forward to half time the TV plan our shed and there’s 3 different players smiling and laughing
Considering the circumstances of how bad we were playing you would expect them to be a little more concerned about there own performance than sharing a joke
The game was finally won finally on the back of brothers Daicos Pendles Howe Mc Rae and Adams
We had to tackle anything that moved and rely on some individual brilliance to beat a side who lets face it is well below average
I hope the coaches see the half time footage of the sheds and rip players a new one because that attitude doesn’t lend itself to any form of long term success
On a positive note if the players follow the example set by brothers Daicos then we will be a far better team going forward

From what I gather the team has been training heavily lately to prepare for the finals so I have no problems being very happy with the win. This was their GF and they lifted and played above themselves. So if we were complacent, we would have definitely lost the game.
I’m so proud of Collingwood playing never say die footy and it’s enthralling watching. Loving this season.
lazzadesilva Virgo

qldmagpie67 wrote:

From what I gather the team has been training heavily lately to prepare for the finals so I have no problems being very happy with the win. This was their GF and they lifted and played above themselves. So if we were complacent, we would have definitely lost the game.
I’m so proud of Collingwood playing never say die footy and it’s enthralling watching. Loving this season.
lazzadesilva Virgo

qldmagpie67 wrote:

lazzadesilva Virgo

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:01 pm

Woods wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
And Kudos to Dermott Brereton, who gave me two thumbs up and big hi, coming into the game, over my Pink Floyd hoodie, onya Dermie !

Funny the Pink Floyd connection, considering the contrast between Dermie's epic playing days and now just sitting in a commentary box.

Did you exchange
A walk-on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?

(FYI and OT, here's a great cover of Wish You Were Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUV9HqoKvo )

Thanks for that buddy, and yes, i had no idea Dermie would be a P Floyd fan, so there u go, he was actually walking away from the ground, so not sure where he was heading, nice bloke though. Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: