Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies prevail. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

simon tonna wrote:
One of the worst officiated games I’ve ever seen. It’s just mind boggling to me that we sit through this bullying by the umpires every single freaking week and not do anything about it. Nth rag dolled every Collingwood player before and after every contest with no consistency to the rules. It just has to stop.

I’m fully convinced that the AFL will never criticise the umpires because they have always been concerned about it affecting the recruitment of future umpires. I kinda get that but what frustrates me is that the standards of umpiring have not kept pace with the improvements and development of the modern AFL player, and this huge disparity is a blight on the modern game.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:02 pm

That they apparently gave a tick to the Ginnivan holding-the-ball decision is laughable. It was exactly the same as the one he got a free kick for earlier in the match. Nobody expects the umps to get it right all the time, but it's fine to come out and say later that one or the other was wrong – either way, they can't both be right.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:20 pm

Fiece pressure in the fourth led by The Beau Beast changed the game and once again we had the ability to stop a sides momentum and insert ours

Good sides have this as a weapon as we do also

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:59 pm

I see Norf just sacked poor hapless Noble, bit strange after that great game against us, with just six matches to go. Sacked by a lady President, no less, i guess she must have vast knowledge of football, players, and how footy clubs are run, i suppose. ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:50 pm

There was talk last week that the game against the Pies might be Noble's last. And so it came to pass. Amen.

Noble's players turned up for him. And this should be heavily factored in when assessing Collingwood's performance over the first three quarters. We went in mindful of taking in a team of youngsters and footy geriatrics towards the looming finals. But we were playing against the worst performing team this season. So the plan was to go easy on the physicality and beat North on skill alone. It didn't work because North shed their laziness and contested hard. At 3/4 time the word was said in the Pies rooms, reluctantly, to put the bastards to the sword physically. And we did brutally and swept them away. But it comes at a cost - eg. injury to Adams. The coach said as much post match and there will only be light training this week. We were always going to beat North. Always. But there is no point killing off weaker teams by 15 goal margins only to arrive at finals in September completely shagged as a cohesive fighting unit. There is game day strategy, and there is the season strategy. And the latter must trump the former. We are not Geelong.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:02 pm

Geez Woods, thats a pretty generous interpretation of what happened out there, just looked like we got smashed in the clearances and contested possessions early, that's footy bread and butter, how many teams lose when winning those stats? Not many, not too often I'd say.

I reckon it was good old fear of embarrassment, and tiredness from the Roos, that got us over the top

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:00 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I see Norf just sacked poor hapless Noble, bit strange after that great game against us, with just six matches to go. Sacked by a lady President, no less, i guess she must have vast knowledge of football, players, and how footy clubs are run, i suppose. ??

“Lady President” got nothing to do with it. Bad take.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:00 pm

Woods wrote:
There was talk last week that the game against the Pies might be Noble's last. And so it came to pass. Amen.

Noble's players turned up for him. And this should be heavily factored in when assessing Collingwood's performance over the first three quarters. We went in mindful of taking in a team of youngsters and footy geriatrics towards the looming finals. But we were playing against the worst performing team this season. So the plan was to go easy on the physicality and beat North on skill alone. It didn't work because North shed their laziness and contested hard. At 3/4 time the word was said in the Pies rooms, reluctantly, to put the bastards to the sword physically. And we did brutally and swept them away. But it comes at a cost - eg. injury to Adams. The coach said as much post match and there will only be light training this week. We were always going to beat North. Always. But there is no point killing off weaker teams by 15 goal margins only to arrive at finals in September completely shagged as a cohesive fighting unit. There is game day strategy, and there is the season strategy. And the latter must trump the former. We are not Geelong.

Good summation Mr Woods. I do believe though we underestimated how physical they would be and us not matching it which then lead to them growing in confidence and playing the game on their terms which then sucked in the umpires because that’s what you get with incompetent pea brains.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:21 pm

Quite like these summaries:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AFLPlayerRating/status/1545660953773342720/photo/1

Howe and Sidey statistically best game of the season (according to these measures). Shows quite a few of our regular stars were down on regular output. Poor old Checkers a negative contribution…

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:11 pm

piffdog wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

oh really, like the umpire we had destroy us against Nth, another bad take hey. she was hopeless, and dont tell me she wasnt. Id like to know the President of Nth experience of football clubs, her nous of footy, and how clubs run, as she gave Noble the heave ho.

Rolling Eyes

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:14 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Do you view the Richmond President in the same light?
What the f.ark does gender have to do with knowledge?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:16 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
One of the worst officiated games I’ve ever seen. It’s just mind boggling to me that we sit through this bullying by the umpires every single freaking week and not do anything about it. Nth rag dolled every Collingwood player before and after every contest with no consistency to the rules. It just has to stop.

I’m fully convinced that the AFL will never criticise the umpires because they have always been concerned about it affecting the recruitment of future umpires. I kinda get that but what frustrates me is that the standards of umpiring have not kept pace with the improvements and development of the modern AFL player, and this huge disparity is a blight on the modern game.

Collingwood take utter crap from umpires every week, week in and week out, Mason Cox never ever, ever, ever, ever, gets a free kick, no matter what backmen do too him, on example. We will never have a go at the umps, take that fine, cos we are too nice and piss weak, thats a fact. It will go on an on an on, us being crucified each week, and the club will never do anything, thats just how it is. fact. Surprised Confused

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:35 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
simon tonna wrote:

Collingwood take utter crap from umpires every week, week in and week out, Mason Cox never ever, ever, ever, ever, gets a free kick, no matter what backmen do too him, on example. We will never have a go at the umps, take that fine, cos we are too nice and piss weak, thats a fact. It will go on an on an on, us being crucified each week, and the club will never do anything, thats just how it is. fact. Surprised Confused

I totally get your anger and frustration Piesnchess but I wonder if the club is in a catch 22 situation? If they shut up and put up with it, the crap will continue and if they say something, it will be construed as a mighty Collingwood whinge and also get a huge fine from the AFL. I wouldn’t want any of my membership money or club funds to go to the bloody AFL 😡 So maybe we just let our football do the talking and beat the opposition and the umpires. That will be really satisfying.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:19 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
piffdog wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

oh really, like the umpire we had destroy us against Nth, another bad take hey. she was hopeless, and dont tell me she wasnt. Id like to know the President of Nth experience of football clubs, her nous of footy, and how clubs run, as she gave Noble the heave ho.

Rolling Eyes

Seems Leigh Matthews has your back PnC:

Matthews takes aim at North Melbourne president’s “silly comment”
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/07/12/matthews-takes-aim-at-north-melbourne-presidents-silly-comment/
piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:26 pm

Woods wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
piffdog wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Seems Leigh Matthews has your back PnC:

Matthews takes aim at North Melbourne president’s “silly comment”
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/07/12/matthews-takes-aim-at-north-melbourne-presidents-silly-comment/

We all know they don't have a "really good list" but I don't know that gender has anything to do with it. The outgoing President expected them to be winning flags within 2-3 years of Noble joining. Arguably a more "silly" comment...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: