Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

PURA CUP

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Jo Angel, as I previously mentioned, just keeps producing! Today he took 4/16 from 8 overs to finish with 6/35 from 19.1 overs! His wholehearted effort was his best-ever return for WA and has kept the Warriors in this game. At 3/96, they have a 52 run lead with two days to play.

Big Jo is not the only veteran to turn heads in this game. Check these figures from Adam Dale: 10 overs, 9 maidens, 2 wickets for 4 runs!!

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!

[This message has been edited by MAGFAN8 (edited 05 January 2003).]
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:18 pm

I thought it worth a look at Angel's career figures in State cricket.

From 98 matches for Western Australia, he has taken 400 wickets at the excellent average of 24.01. Only Clarrie Grimmett has taken more, lots more actually, with 513! And from 19 matches fewer than Jo.

To put his stats in context with more modern day bowlers, Terry Alderman is third with 384 wickets @ 24.21 from 97 games.

Donny.

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:10 pm

Good to see Dale doing well, I think he is a true gentleman of the game. First time I saw him was in a one dayer against the West Indies..I think it was the first game after the new stand was put up at the gabba, he bowled so well, I was in awe of him, pace, control and variation, I don't remember the stats exactly but I think it was something like 2 for 21 off his ten, amazing......I thik he made his debut for the Aussie's in the same summer.....

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:33 pm

Yep, Dale must've been injured earlier but has certainly come back well and bowls a similar high standard to Terry Alderman.

The Bulls completed an outright win at the WACA. The Warriors made 201 with Joe Dawes taking 5/75. Dale bowled 13 maidens in his 18 and took 2/16!

Q'land were 3/21 but a 139 run partnership from Castledine 62) and Perrin(79) saw them cruise home and onto the top of the Pura Cup ladder.

Donny.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:55 pm

They say the wicket's a road at Bellerive Oval. Well it must have had pot holes in it yesterday as the top 4 batsmen on both sides could only muster 30 runs between them (7 of them totalled 9!)in the Pura Cup match between Victoria and Tasmania.

The Tigers won the toss and batted. 55.4 overs later, they were all out for 120. Only Daniel Marsh (5Cool did any good.
Darren Berry took 5 catches and 5 were lbw!! Shane Harwood took 4/42 and Matthew Inness, 2/20.

The Bushrangers started even more disasterously and were 4/5 in the 7th. over and 6/58 in the 20th! Jeff Moss (75 n.o.) and Berry (41) then brought some sanity back to the match with a gutsy partnership of 77. At stumps, Victoria was on 8/160 with Mick Lewis undefeated on 14. He will be looking to support Moss to an unlikely, but well deserved, century tomorrow.

Alan Griffith has 5/44 from 14 overs and Damien Wright, 2/50 from 15.

Donny.

[This message has been edited by MAGFAN8 (edited 16 January 2003).]
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:35 am

At lunch on day 2, Tassie is 1/52 after dismissing The Vics for 174. Mick Lewis had Jamie Cox caught behind - Berry's 6th catch in the game.

Donny.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:48 pm

Looks like the wicket has settled down in Hobart. Scott Mason has led a big fightback by The Tigers with 168 n.o. - his maiden first class century.

At stumps, Tassie are 3/268, a lead of 214. Mick Lewis, Matthew Inness and Ian Harvey each have a wicket.

Donny.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:51 pm

Hopefully Victoria can bounce back and at least salvage a draw. Hooksey on 3AW seems confident as Tasmania don't have a quality spin bowler capable of bowling teams out.

Surely Shane Harwood will get selected for Australia A at least ??

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:29 am

At 12.25 the Tassie Tigers are building up a good lead. Scott Mason went early on today, for 174. He hit 24 fours and a six. Michael DiVenuto is on 58 from 74 balls and the total is 4/334, a lead of 280. Craig White must be getting them on line as he has 0/33 from 16 overs.

Donny.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:55 am

Since the last report, the Bushrangers have taken 6/62 to have the Tigers all out for 396. DiVenuto made 79 and Dan Marsh, 34.

Mick Lewis took 4/104 from 24.5 overs. A touch expensive but was balanced by Craig White's good effort of 2/58 from 28 overs.

The Vics are chasing 343 for victory. They have about 135 overs to get that target and maximum points. If they are no worse than about 2/120 by stumps today, they are right in this.

Donny.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:27 pm

Well, the Vics are quite a bit worse than 2/120 at stumps. They are 4/82 and will face a long tough battle to salvage a draw on the last day.

Donny.

MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:44 pm

It ain't looking too good for Victoria that's for sure! I enjoy reading your reviews by the way Donny saves me looking it up on the cricket sites! I agree with you about Harwood JLC but it seems that the selectors don't like picking people from Victoria all that much! Maybe if Moss and Harvey make a good partnership they are in with half a chance and then there is always Berry who can knock a good score ok maybe I'm dreaming!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:49 am

The Vics are fighting hard. Ian Harvey is on 72 and Cam White on 11 at lunch. Jeff Moss was out for 45 after putting on 100 runs with Harvey. 115 were added in the session so the boys are staying positive and not just playing for a draw.

With 66 overs left and needing 146, the win is there if the Bushies can keep their wickets. The r.p.o. required is just a touch over 2. Will we again be reminded why they call Harvey 'The Freak'?

Donny.

[This message has been edited by MAGFAN8 (edited 18 January 2003).]
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:38 am

Nope. Lol. He added only two more. White was out for 41 and Berry made 15 as the Vics were dismissed for 255.

Downton (4/53) and Griffiths (3/70) ran through the tail to give the Tigers a win by 87 runs. They get a much needed 6 points and the Bushies retain their 2 1st. innings points.

Adam Griffiths took 8 wickets in the match and Darren Berry snared 9 catches behind the stumps.

The Bushrangers are equal leaders on the Pura Cup ladder with the Bulls but have played one more match.

Donny.

MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:02 pm

Oh well Victoria lost! What's with Berry lately he keeps shooting his mouth off and this time has been fined! I hope this guy stops it as it makes the Victorians look like a bunch of hot heads! O.k fair enough it happens sometimes but I have heard a lot of complaints about Berry's attitude problem lately!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13   

Jump to: