Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to watch the replay again before I commented, but I wont be able to watch it today so I just want to again say what a marvellous, courageous victory that was. We had to defend a margin of 4, then 5, points for 6 minutes at the end. The way we did that was through a combination of massive intensity of pressure at every contest, the focus and discipline to position ourselves to guard every opponent and be at every contest, (which requires elite decision making) and just pure grit and will power. The team did it Pendles, but it was not just for Pendles. this incredible drive to win is becoming part of the team''s DNA, to use a cliche.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:34 am

inxs88 wrote:
Next week's selection shall be interesting. Personally I think Ginnivan is vulnerable to being dropped:

In:

* Adams
* Quaynor
* Henry: if he plays well Sunday

Out:

* Ruscoe (omit)
* Ginnivan (omit)
* Bianco (unluckily omitted)

I thought Ginnivan did OK overall. He was very active around the ground, bobbing up to thwart the opposition on many occasions. the free kick against him for holding the ball should never have been paid, as discussed elsewhere, and should have been another example of him intervening to thwart an opposition movement forward.
As regards Ginnivan, I think there is some merit in what another poster said when comparing him with Selwood. Ginni needs to try to do something other than just hold the ball and wait for the free when tackled. I think the fact that atm he doesn't is why the umpires are crucifying him. I think they are umpiring him unfairly, but if he made an effort to pass the ball to another player in those situations, or dispose of it himself, the small minded umpires would then no longer believe that his only motivation in going for the ball was to try to milk them for a free kick.
Could Henry, Checkers, Johnson all play in the same forward line (along with Cameron/Cox at times)?? If Henry rips it up in the VFL, we face an extraordinarily interesting - but luxurious - selection dilemma!

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:40 am

^ i think a forward line of Johnson, Henry, McCreery, Elliott, Ginnivan and Mihocek will be fine. Indeed, if Johnson settles and Henry keeps developing, it is capable of immense destructive power.
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:34 am

Josh Daicos 67 games
John Noble 61
Darcy Cameron 44
Beau McCreery 27
Jack Ginnivan 20
Trey Ruscoe 17
Nick Daicos 17
Patrick Lipinski 17
Trent Bianco 16
Josh Carmichael 2
Ash Johnson 1

All good to great contributors yesterday. The future is bright.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:28 am

What gets lost amongst the euphoria of the win, is just how tough and hard it was to get a kick in that game. There might have been a record or two broken for tackle counts and pressure ratings after that game. Point being, for young blokes like Bianco, Ruscoe, Carmichael and Johnson ( more inexperienced than young ) to play well is the perfect marker to gain some confidence and self belief in themselves. Reckon this game might yet prove to be a turning point for a couple of these guys. They won’t all hold their spots but after today they will all walk away knowing they can cut it when the heat is really on. Big win for so many reasons
Mind you, all that pressure didn’t seem to get to Nick either. Probably the best game I can remember from a nineteen year old, considering the conditions and the relentless four quarter pressure.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:50 am

Pies2016 wrote:
What gets lost amongst the euphoria of the win, is just how tough and hard it was to get a kick in that game. There might have been a record or two broken for tackle counts and pressure ratings after that game. Point being, for young blokes like Bianco, Ruscoe, Carmichael and Johnson ( more inexperienced than young ) to play well is the perfect marker to gain some confidence and self belief in themselves. Reckon this game might yet prove to be a turning point for a couple of these guys. They won’t all hold their spots but after today they will all walk away knowing they can cut it when the heat is really on. Big win for so many reasons
Mind you, all that pressure didn’t seem to get to Nick either. Probably the best game I can remember from a nineteen year old, considering the conditions and the relentless four quarter pressure.

It was the first game I’ve seen from Bianco where I thought the kid might really make it. He fades in and out, but won his share of the ball and mostly used it well when he did.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:51 am

Sidey had an excellent game, but how good was he in that last minute!!
I just watched the replay.
He laid a critical tackle that led the the Adelaide player spraying it out on the full instead of inside 50 with about 20 secs to go.
Then a smother that stopped another very late inside 50. This guy is an all out champion of our club and is playing some very good footy this year!!
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:18 pm

Watched replay...
Sad umpiring...which made our win sweeter.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:30 pm

Lipinski needs to lift
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:41 pm

No way known should Collingwood drop Ginnivan. The thing about young players is that they can be inconsistent performers. To come back from such a performance is a learning experience and I can’t see Fly letting this happen at this stage of his development. Not saying that he will never be dropped but not now.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:11 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
No way known should Collingwood drop Ginnivan. The thing about young players is that they can be inconsistent performers. To come back from such a performance is a learning experience and I can’t see Fly letting this happen at this stage of his development. Not saying that he will never be dropped but not now.

It's not really inconsistency Lazza. He now needs to change his game, and that's a tough ask to do in the seniors for an experienced player let alone a second year player.

He is going to have to not only get to the ball (which he does) but to keep his feet (which is isn't doing) and dispose of the football quickly (which he is also not doing).
Take_a_Screamer Leo

..No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:28 pm

What a great year we are having!
After the gloom and doom of last year, the whole forum is in an excitable mood. ❤️️
Of course it started with the appointment of Fly who was treated as a rock star (and earlier, Wright). I thought it was a bit over the top but now I think, as is everyone, that he is an exceptional coach.

I joked earlier this year when we started to show signs of a revival that we will be in the Grand Final, à la Tom Hafey of 1977 (https://forever.collingwoodfc.com.au/the-coaches-tom-hafey/). Could it become reality?

Let's make it 9 in a wow...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:42 pm

the fuzz wrote:
Sidey had an excellent game, but how good was he in that last minute!!
I just watched the replay.
He laid a critical tackle that led the the Adelaide player spraying it out on the full instead of inside 50 with about 20 secs to go.
Then a smother that stopped another very late inside 50. This guy is an all out champion of our club and is playing some very good footy this year!!

Someone forgot to tell Sidey the ball was a cake of soap. His ball handling was a class above the rest.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:46 pm

90 nice wrote:
Lipinski needs to lift

28 disposals at 60% in the wet to go with his 13 tackles 🤔
Had his worst game for the club the week before and that’s how he responds.
Said it all along, he’s a very important piece of the puzzle.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:13 pm

Us losing is a little like myself and covid. We keep putting ourselves in a position but somehow manage to avoid it Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: