Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

90 nice wrote:
Lipinski needs to lift

He was one of our best with 28 disposals. Rolling Eyes
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:04 pm

Last time we played without Adams and De Goey we lost to the Eagles. This was a huge danger game, but drafting Carmichael added to our depth in exactly the right profile. Take the W and move on. Next week will be tough too.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:40 pm

Collingwood to beat Essendon by 28 points next week
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:52 pm

90 nice wrote:

Two of the in form teams.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:12 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
90 nice wrote:
Lipinski needs to lift

He was one of our best with 28 disposals. Rolling Eyes

And led all in our team with 8 score involvements. Sometimes you wonder what game people are watching. The only player on the ground who had as many or more score involvements as/than Lipinski was the opposition full-forward.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:17 pm

90 nice wrote:

I'd take that result in a heartbeat...but I think we will be very tired indeed after that game
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:22 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
90 nice wrote:

Essendon are legit playing as well as anyone the last month. We'll need to lift to beat them.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:39 pm

Well, that was an interesting game. I can't remember ever seeing a game like that with so many tackles and so few marks. It was like watching a rugby scrum, but it was interesting. Notes on a few players:

Pendlebury - he's still good. It was so good to see him kick that goal, he's been noticeably reluctant to kick from 50 for about 3 years now.
Sidebottom - I'm hoping his terrible form from early in the year was just a function of injury and not him being shot. I think the high half forward role suits him. He's not a 30 possession a game running machine anymore, so put him in a place where he can use his smarts and creativity.
Ginnivan - needs to stop playing for free kicks. He gets around the ball a lot even if he's not strong enough to actually win it or stick a tackle yet. Hopefully that comes.
Maynard - what an effort. Like Sidebottom, he's really lifted after a pretty mediocre first half of the season.
Lipinski - best game in a while, I think the conditions suited him (they also would have suited Adams).
Johnson - could have had a really great game if not for a couple of mistakes (the shepard free, the miss from the square), but there's a lot to work with. He seemed to be around the ball a lot, unlike Henry, who I often go a quarter without even noticing.
Nick Daicos - holy crap. I thought people were getting ahead of themselves with this guy about 6 weeks ago, but he has been brilliant. He's obviously becoming much more confident in his foot skills and is being much more agressive with his choices now.
Cameron - Look, I know it's trendy to say we don't miss Grundy, but we really do. We've just been getting killed out of the centre recently. I think he's one of the best second ruck / resting forward types in the comp, but I'm not sure he's a first choice ruck on a full time basis.
Cox - really lifted in the last. Kept getting the ball forward from the ruck which was important in the conditions.
Hoskin-Elliot - knew he was in for a shocker when he dropped that mark in the first few minutes.
Carmichael - lacks a bit of composure which isn't unusual for a rookie, but there's a lot to work with here. We might have found one.
Bianco - the best I've seen him play and probably the first time I can imagine him having an AFL future. He's not going to be a huge possession winner or a big tackle guy or even a great kick, but his composure was very impressive. He could be a 15-20 possession guy who makes smart decisions and generally uses the ball well.
Murphy - Another one who lacks composure. Everything seems to be a kick and hope if he's under the slightest bit of pressure.
Crisp - been a bit down the last few weeks. Hopefully he lifts next week.
Moore - Another one who needs to lift next week. It wasn't all his fault Walker kicked a bag, but he didn't really help either.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:41 pm

Hudson: It's easy from up here Bucks.
Buckley: Thanks. Tell me a little bit more about your career mate.
OUCH.

Anyways.
Great game from the boys playing away against a high-pressure team.
That's two weeks in a row where we slogged out a hard fought win against determined opposition.
And with Bianco, Carmichael, Johnson, Ruscoe all showing a bit we're, dare I say it, developing a bit of depth.
Finally, for those that want to drop Ginni, rewatch the last 5 minutes. The little pest was in everything.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:43 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
90 nice wrote:

Essendon are legit playing as well as anyone the last month. We'll need to lift to beat them.

They will roll us next week if we dish up the sort of crap we have over the last 2 weeks, no doubt. Two wins by less than 1 goal over bottom four teams is pretty awful to be honest. The Dons are flying right now and we need to get into gear quick smart.

MONCO: Your life.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:46 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
the fuzz wrote:
Sidey had an excellent game, but how good was he in that last minute!!
I just watched the replay.
He laid a critical tackle that led the the Adelaide player spraying it out on the full instead of inside 50 with about 20 secs to go.
Then a smother that stopped another very late inside 50. This guy is an all out champion of our club and is playing some very good footy this year!!

Someone forgot to tell Sidey the ball was a cake of soap. His ball handling was a class above the rest.

As he is in most things he does on the footy field.

The way people talk about him - given that he is one of greatest Collingwood players of all time - is a little startling, isn't it? It's like nobody noticed that he has played more games of AFL than Nathan did. No, that doesn't make him a better player - but no-one gets gifted 281 games of AFL footy. People on here repeatedly call for his delisting, trading or retirement, while the people who comment on the game for a living consistently refer to him as one of the most skilful players the game has seen. There was something in yesterday's commentary, again, about him being "sublimely talented". The guy has been one of our best 5 players since he played his first final in 2009 and yet peoppe still think he doesn't do enough.

More Brownlow votes than Peter Daicos - it's worth repeating it. Players like Sidebottom don't grow on trees.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:16 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
the fuzz wrote:
He laid a critical tackle that led the the Adelaide player spraying it out on the full instead of inside 50 with about 20 secs to go.
Then a smother that stopped another very late inside 50. This guy is an all out champion of our club and is playing some very good footy this year!!

Someone forgot to tell Sidey the ball was a cake of soap. His ball handling was a class above the rest.

Bianco was another one who seemed to handle the ball really well. He might be a "wet weather" guy.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:18 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
90 nice wrote:

They will roll us next week if we dish up the sort of crap we have over the last 2 weeks, no doubt. Two wins by less than 1 goal over bottom four teams is pretty awful to be honest. The Dons are flying right now and we need to get into gear quick smart.

I thought our game yesterday was a marked step up from the week before even if the result wasn't that different, but we certainly haven't been playing great, win-loss record aside.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:33 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
the fuzz wrote:

As he is in most things he does on the footy field.

The way people talk about him - given that he is one of greatest Collingwood players of all time - is a little startling, isn't it? It's like nobody noticed that he has played more games of AFL than Nathan did. No, that doesn't make him a better player - but no-one gets gifted 281 games of AFL footy. People on here repeatedly call for his delisting, trading or retirement, while the people who comment on the game for a living consistently refer to him as one of the most skilful players the game has seen. There was something in yesterday's commentary, again, about him being "sublimely talented". The guy has been one of our best 5 players since he played his first final in 2009 and yet peoppe still think he doesn't do enough.

More Brownlow votes than Peter Daicos - it's worth repeating it. Players like Sidebottom don't grow on trees.

Right on P4s. Sidey is an absolute star. The only reason his form over a few years has been a little up and down has been because he has been thrown all over the ground to plug holes. He never had the bulk to play as an inside mid, but he was often thrown in there because he has the skills and smarts to play anywhere. To my mind he's one of our greatest ever players and will be crucial to our finals hopes this year.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:32 pm

What do we think of the form of Howe and Maynard feeling crisp is due for a break out match too.
Still have Collingwood beating Essendon
Essendon season is finished anyway
Collingwood to win
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: