Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies unplug Power. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
You’re a Hard marker Donny, no Lipinski love ? Thought he used the ball beautifully today. He’s a good decision maker and backs it up with good execution more often than not.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:49 pm

Yep. A couple of others could've been included. Very Happy

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:50 pm

Craig McCrae said "We are a much better team with JDG in" Hard to dispute and getting rid of him would be folly at best. Grundy played in the VFL,I watched the entire game on TV, and he played about 2/3s of a game had 16 possessions ,9 tackles and 26 hitouts and was hard and ferocious in his tackles and attitude. He wills make us better and any talk of HIM leaving is also pure folly. Carmichael is a player who should never be OUT again and will fill the Adams void quite admirably. Howie will be a lot harder to cover and hopefully it is not a lengthy out. Miochec comes back and I'm assuming Madgen will be back.
We are in dire need of a big beckman and and a forward and we should be chasing Taranto for all we're worth.
Still!10 in a row against the odds and the green vermin and still won.3rd spot and a shot at 2nd next week.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:55 pm

Meredith1965 wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Did the umpiring appear as disgraceful on the TV as it appeared at the ground? Jesus wept!

It stank, ... The first gifted goal, the first quarter 50m, and the lack of holding the ball against Port in the last quarter were all dire and cost us 18 points. Without those gifts we’d have cruised home. We really outplayed them most of the day.

piffdog wrote:
Gifted 3 goals in the first q - two to Boak and a mark paid to Dixon from a god almighty shove. I don’t know what that first one was before even the bounce up.
There would have been another 50 of those incidents through the game not paid (for both teams). I worry that these rookie umpires want to show every one they know the rules and insert themselves when a more experienced ump never would.

I’m not typically a “the umpires are crap” fan, but I thought the standard today was really, really poor.

Let's begin with these three <snip>: Chris Donlon (1), Andrew Heffernan (29), Brent Wallace (33)

You could see what we were up against before the first ball was even bounced.

In what world does that <snip> Heffernan think he can just reinvent the rules to suit himself?
When in the entire f%cking history of the AFL/VFL, has a player ever been penalised for a soft forearm to their opponents back, who didn't even flinch? Oh, but don't touch their precious Boak...
Get back to you day job, but you're probably shit at that too...

And that free against Maynard and subsequent 50 had me off the couch and hurling obscenities at the putrid maggots. Gift goal #2. Oh, but don't touch their precious Boak...

And the shove on Moore from cocaine Charlie was just the last straw, and we are only half way through first quarter.

Notice we NEVER EVER get a controversial decision our way?

And this in a nutshell is why I refuse to attend AFL games any further.
They just keep finding new shameless cheats to stitch us up each week.

So F^CK YOU McLaughlan, your cheating weasels, and your shit for brains rules committee [ps. the lab called, and want their lobotomised baboons back - pronto...]

But again, a full buy-in from all players again, even though many played some shitful quarters, the rest of the team pick up the slack sufficiently to get us over the line.

Even if it all collapses in a screaming heap next friday night, 10 wins on the trot was a bitchin' ride while it lasted!

Go Pies!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:59 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Jezza wrote:
9 wins by two goals or less.

We’re trolling the competition now 😂

^ One of the most entertaining things about today's win was Elliott's missed set shot from about 50 out, just left of centre. About a million Essendon supporters are eating their own livers after seeing that.

Hehehehehe

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:03 pm

piffdog wrote:
Actually thought the umps made the right decisions when it came to Ginnivan all day but fair dinkum the rest of the adjudication was absolute puss. Gifted 3 goals in the first q - two to Boak and a mark paid to Dixon from a god almighty shove. I don’t know what that first one was before even the bounce up. There would have been another 50 of those incidents through the game not paid (for both teams). I worry that these rookie umpires want to show every one they know the rules and insert themselves when a more experienced ump never would.

I’m not typically a “the umpires are crap” fan, but I thought the standard today was really, really poor.

On a far more positive note, another good win and we roll on. Jordy and Josh Daicos were very good, loved Carmichael’s contribution as the sub. Darcy Cameron also pretty good. I reckon he would have been in the best 5-6 rucks in the comp for the last month or two. Bianco had some poor moments in the first quarter but hung around and was better in the second half. Murphy also very very solid down back.

Hopefully Howe and Adams aren’t any worse than a couple weeks. Didn’t really see either.

High is high

And how about held off the ball and rag dolled?

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:04 pm

LOL. piedys you crack me up!
❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:07 pm

Didn’t watch but free kicks 23-18 the Pies way doesn’t suggest the one sided anti Pies umpiring display this thread is hinting at?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:11 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Didn’t watch but free kicks 23-18 the Pies way doesn’t suggest the one sided anti Pies umpiring display this thread is hinting at?

Depends where you get them and what for

The other team targeted ginnie, nothing nada

And the free against Daicos , **** the other prick should get an Oscar

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:12 pm

piedys wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Did the umpiring appear as disgraceful on the TV as it appeared at the ground? Jesus wept!

It stank, ... The first gifted goal, the first quarter 50m, and the lack of holding the ball against Port in the last quarter were all dire and cost us 18 points. Without those gifts we’d have cruised home. We really outplayed them most of the day.

piffdog wrote:
Gifted 3 goals in the first q - two to Boak and a mark paid to Dixon from a god almighty shove. I don’t know what that first one was before even the bounce up.
There would have been another 50 of those incidents through the game not paid (for both teams). I worry that these rookie umpires want to show every one they know the rules and insert themselves when a more experienced ump never would.

Let's begin with these three cuntpires: Chris Donlon (1), Andrew Heffernan (29), Brent Wallace (33)

You could see what we were up against before the first ball was even bounced.

In what world does that cock sucker Heffernan think he can just reinvent the rules to suit himself?
When in the entire f%cking history of the AFL/VFL, has a player ever been penalised for a soft forearm to their opponents back, who didn't even flinch? Oh, but don't touch their precious Boak...
Get back to you day job, but you're probably shit at that too...

And that free against Maynard and subsequent 50 had me off the couch and hurling obscenities at the putrid maggots. Gift goal #2. Oh, but don't touch their precious Boak...

And the shove on Moore from cocaine Charlie was just the last straw, and we are only half way through first quarter.

And this in a nutshell is why I refuse to attend AFL games any further.
They just keep finding new shameless cheats to stitch us up each week.

So F^CK YOU McLaughlan, your cheating weasels, and your shit for brains rules committee [ps. the lab called, and want their lobotomised baboons back - pronto...]

But again, a full buy-in from all players again, even though many played some shitful quarters, the rest of the team pick up the slack sufficiently to get us over the line.

Even if it all collapses in a screaming heap next friday night, 10 wins on the trot was a bitchin' ride while it lasted!

Go Pies!

Spot on

rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:13 pm

[/quote]

So far this season I can only recall one howler that went our way and that was last weeks Murphy non 50 metre penalty before the winning goal.

We've had to endure multiple anti-Ginni highs, that Moore deliberate rushed behind and todays abominations to name just a few.

One that really set me off was McReary's textbook tackle on Dusty being paid high. It ruined our momentum when the game was hot.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:17 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

It's not the amount, its where you get them and what they don't call. It was the umpires worst display of inconsistency for many years of my watching. Stood and booed them off at half time and again at full time... and I've never done that. The missed so many obvious ones it was bordering on cheating.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:19 pm

That "no 50" decision wasn't a howler, at all - Ray Chamberlain was on SEN during the week and explained exactly why that was never a 50 metre penalty. The controlling umpire did not actually whistle the play dead until just as Murphy was putting boot to ball. That was because the umpire looked to his colleague for confirmation of the free kick before calling it. There was a delay between the tackle on Howe and the kick - but players are entitled to play until the whistle.
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:42 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

Watch it

jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:48 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

It’s not the number, it’s where. 4 of their first 5 goals were WRONG. Even Rievoldt and Buckley said so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: