Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies unplug Power. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

scoobydoo wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Who was it who said Hosk would kick 3 goals? Well he got two and could have more.

And every week some genius’s want to drop him.

He is the cream on the cake. His upside if people get him the ball is sensational. He is what he is.

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:16 pm

So, now we have a chance on Friday to go one game clear of Melbourne.
Huge.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:27 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
jatsad wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Didn’t watch but free kicks 23-18 the Pies way doesn’t suggest the one sided anti Pies umpiring display this thread is hinting at?

It’s not the number, it’s where. 4 of their first 5 goals were WRONG. Even Rievoldt and Buckley said so.

No, it's about perceptions more than it is reality. Go back and watch the first quarter, and 3 of Ports first 4 goals had NO umpire involvement at all.

Finyason goal from a failed Bianco clearance.
Marshall goal from a mark 15m out
Amon goal from a mark inside 50

I just watched the first quarter again, and it is absolutely correct to say that Port were gifted 3 goals: a) free kick against N Daicos to Boak before the ball was bounced, b) ridiculous 50 m penalty against us when both teams were involved in the flare up which allowed Boak to kick a goal from unmissable range, c) Dixon paid the mark against Moore despite pushing him square in the back during the marking contest, throwing Moore out of marking contention.
I would not conclude that this was bias against Collingwood however as much as sheer incompetence from the umpires. You can really say that the margin of our victory was more like 4 goals rather than 1 goal in terms of relative play across the match.

Agreed. I watched the match again and the umps were inconsistent, poor and didn’t award frees when they should have.

There were so many frees off the ball in a contest that were not paid which was more evident at the G than on TV. At the same time there were one or two that were not paid, that at the G I thought ought to have been paid but the umps got it right.

Overall it was a poor umpiring performance.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:59 pm

What really pisses me off is the aggressive, highly assertive manner in which the umpires either fail to pay the free kicks to Ginni, or pay the free kicks him.

They are demonstrative in a way that shows they are clearly aware of who the player is.

Either maintain that same manner for all players, or make it a thing for all head high "ducking" frees.

Last edited by WhyPhilWhy? on Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:13 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
What really pisses me off is the aggressive, highly assertive manner in which the umpires either fail to pay the free kicks to Gini, or pay the free kicks him.

They are demonstrative in a way that shows they are clearly aware of who the player is.

Either maintain that same manner for all players, or make it a thing for all head high "ducking" frees.

Yes, the issue is that the AFL has allowed the Ginnivan free kick or not decision to become hysterically politicised, so that every umpire now feels under intense pressure whenever Ginnivan is involved. This is the fault of the AFL and its stooges in the commentary boxes. Not sure how it is solved. Part of the solution will be for Ginni to use his magical talents consistently while avoiding attempts to play for the free. It will also require the AFL to take a stand by instructing its umpires to adjudicate Ginni fairly, and to guarantee that they will back them in case there are decisions that non-Collingwood supporters don't like, while also holding the umpires accountable for not protecting Ginnivan when they need to. The second part of the solution (asking the AFL to be fair) is the unrealistic part. How can we expect them to act in a fair manner?

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:32 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
jatsad wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Didn’t watch but free kicks 23-18 the Pies way doesn’t suggest the one sided anti Pies umpiring display this thread is hinting at?

It’s not the number, it’s where. 4 of their first 5 goals were WRONG. Even Rievoldt and Buckley said so.

No, it's about perceptions more than it is reality. Go back and watch the first quarter, and 3 of Ports first 4 goals had NO umpire involvement at all.

I just watched the first quarter again, and it is absolutely correct to say that Port were gifted 3 goals: a) free kick against N Daicos to Boak before the ball was bounced, b) ridiculous 50 m penalty against us when both teams were involved in the flare up which allowed Boak to kick a goal from unmissable range, c) Dixon paid the mark against Moore despite pushing him square in the back during the marking contest, throwing Moore out of marking contention.
I would not conclude that this was bias against Collingwood however as much as sheer incompetence from the umpires. You can really say that the margin of our victory was more like 4 goals rather than 1 goal in terms of relative play across the match.

Agreed. I watched the match again and the umps were inconsistent, poor and didn’t award frees when they should have.

There were so many frees off the ball in a contest that were not paid which was more evident at the G than on TV. At the same time there were one or two that were not paid, that at the G I thought ought to have been paid but the umps got it right.

Overall it was a poor umpiring performance.

What I love about Nick’s is that occasionally you have your own views validated by posters you respect. And this is an example of that.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:47 pm

What we can safely say is that supporters spend more time concerning themselves over umpiring decisions than players and coaches …thankfully.
I have a slightly different take on bad umpiring decisions. Even if a couple go against you early in the first quarter, at least you have plenty of time to do enough to retain a lead back. The bad umpiring decisions that really bite, are those made deep in the last quarter in a close game. They’re the coach killers, not those when there’s still nearly two hours of footy left to play.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:55 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
jatsad wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Jatsad said 4 of the first 5 Port goals were wrong. That wasn't right. That's all I was correcting. I am glad you agree with me.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:09 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
What we can safely say is that supporters spend more time concerning themselves over umpiring decisions than players and coaches …thankfully.
I have a slightly different take on bad umpiring decisions. Even if a couple go against you early in the first quarter, at least you have plenty of time to do enough to retain a lead back. The bad umpiring decisions that really bite, are those made deep in the last quarter in a close game. They’re the coach killers, not those when there’s still nearly two hours of footy left to play.

No doubt you are right. But I think the Ginnivan question is different. Afterall, Leigh Matthews felt compelled to intervene into the debate after spending 48 hours with his blood boiling, as he said in his radio interview.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:37 pm

The only blight on this win, and on recent others too, is that we seem to get a good and commanding lead, like wasnt it at one stage 55-87 our way, then we let sides back in, we let them come back hard, and whittle our lead away, to the point where we nearly lose the match. Im sure Fly is totally aware of this trend, because its not a good trend to take into the Finals. When we get a nice lead, we must learn to increase it even more, stomp on them, and not let the Opposition off the hook, im sure this will be rectified.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:07 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
What really pisses me off is the aggressive, highly assertive manner in which the umpires either fail to pay the free kicks to Gini, or pay the free kicks him.

Perhaps he needs to revert to his natural hair shade and go sleeveless. Just a thought because at the moment he stands out like the proverbial.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:25 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Who was it who said Hosk would kick 3 goals? Well he got two and could have more.

I said he would have a great game and kick 3 goals. I thought he had a quiet first half but came alight in the 2nd half and kicked 2 important goals and helped us get a couple more. He is a very good winger who won't be dropped.
Nearly 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:29 pm

Born to Pie wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Carmichael is becoming our new "super sub". Surely match committee can see now that Carmichael needs to be in the starting 22 based on his recent form. Can find the goals, hits targets and plays hard footy.

Is a super-sub 12 disposals and a goal from 40% game time.

I think the reason he may remain best suited to being the in the sub role is that there may be a question mark on his fitness to run out a full game given he's a mid-season draftee without the benefit of an AFL level pre-season etc

I think this is the case. He kept trying, but he was out on his feet in the last quarter. I very much doubt he could run out a game, certainly not unless a permanent forward.

An AFL preseason plus full time AFL training will do him wonders.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:10 pm

Didnt know where else to post this.

Seeing Collingwood supporters stealing from the team store before the game was a bit ordinary.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:18 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Didnt know where else to post this.

Seeing Collingwood supporters stealing from the team store before the game was a bit ordinary.

Ffs 🤬 if this is true, these are truly ferals 😡 if only I can give them a piece of my mind. Bloody gutless wankers and arseholes the pack of them. Chicken shits who would steal from their own mothers. Weak as water and shit for brains💩 Gutless wonders who would be scared shitless on their own and Pooh their pants when confronted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: