Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies unplug Power. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ You can see Boak elbow backwards into Nicks chest- Nick retaliated and got done. Typical really
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:52 pm

There's footage here: https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/afl/afl-port-adelaide-vs-collingwood-port-adelaide-given-free-kick-before-bounce/cl67e88fr000t0jpf503l5ow3

Didn't look like there was a lot in it. Surprised he got fined for that to be honest.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:08 pm

yep typical the fuzz.

The opposition can do it to our players normally they are first we retaliate or give a bit back and we are pinned for it.

Typical happens all the time.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:08 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:

My dream “take no shit from anyone” Collingwood team would include
Murray Weideman, Hooker Harrison, Kevin Worthington, Stan Magro, Ronnie Andrews, Darren Millane, Damien Monkhorst, Des Tuddenham, Craig Kelly, Dermie Brereton among others. If they were in the team now, no opposition tulip will come within 10 metres of Ginnivan with bad intent or else they will have to be stretchered out. The only thing I miss in the current team is a genuine tough dude who will deter any opposition wanker wanting to be a sniper. In just about every Collingwood flag team, we had an enforcer.

No Carman?

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:36 pm

In the opening of the match as the players take positions and Nick Daicos runs down Boak gives him an elbow in the chest. It obviously continued on until the game start and Nick gets a free kick against and now a report and a fine.
It really is a bit odd how this elbow happens fifty times a match and only Daicos gets pinged.

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:41 pm

The other umpiring decision that got me annoyed is 12 mins to go in the last in the middle when port pick up a ball and he knows he will get tackled by Quaynor so puts his arms up to evade and run through the tackle.
However Quaynor holds the tackle and brings him to ground as he tries to handpass but ends up holding onto it.
Then when he is on the ground at his third opportunity he handpasses out and the ump calls play on.
As I understand the rules and interpretations I thought we earned a free kick.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:45 pm

That one was absolutely holding the ball. The commentators thought so too. That it directly resulted in a Port goal in a tight final term only added insult to injury.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:37 pm

neil wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:

Murray Weideman, Hooker Harrison, Kevin Worthington, Stan Magro, Ronnie Andrews, Darren Millane, Damien Monkhorst, Des Tuddenham, Craig Kelly, Dermie Brereton among others. If they were in the team now, no opposition tulip will come within 10 metres of Ginnivan with bad intent or else they will have to be stretchered out. The only thing I miss in the current team is a genuine tough dude who will deter any opposition wanker wanting to be a sniper. In just about every Collingwood flag team, we had an enforcer.

No Carman?

That’s an oops on my part 😬 Probably on a few more too.

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:42 pm

neil wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:

No Carman?

The others could still play football while headhunting. Carman could omly do one or the other.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:53 pm

daics aka the ruckman wrote:
The other umpiring decision that got me annoyed is 12 mins to go in the last in the middle when port pick up a ball and he knows he will get tackled by Quaynor so puts his arms up to evade and run through the tackle.
However Quaynor holds the tackle and brings him to ground as he tries to handpass but ends up holding onto it.
Then when he is on the ground at his third opportunity he handpasses out and the ump calls play on.
As I understand the rules and interpretations I thought we earned a free kick.

It is like going to one of the best restaurants. You sit down and enjoy the fine food and a bottle of grange. Then the waiter keeps on farting loudly and occasionally pours water over you.

F**king umpires.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:09 pm

David wrote:
There's footage here: https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/afl/afl-port-adelaide-vs-collingwood-port-adelaide-given-free-kick-before-bounce/cl67e88fr000t0jpf503l5ow3

Didn't look like there was a lot in it. Surprised he got fined for that to be honest.

the port player lept forward like he was blown out of a cannon, shoulda got a oscar

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:20 pm

Murray Weideman, Hooker Harrison, Kevin Worthington, Stan Magro, Ronnie Andrews, Darren Millane, Damien Monkhorst, Des Tuddenham, Craig Kelly, Dermie Brereton among others. If they were in the team now, no opposition tulip will come within 10 metres of Ginnivan with bad intent or else they will have to be stretchered out. The only thing I miss in the current team is a genuine tough dude who will deter any opposition wanker wanting to be a sniper. In just about every Collingwood flag team, we had an enforcer.[/quote]

Maynard and Adams say "HI!!!"

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:38 am

With all due respect, IMO they are tough but nowhere near Magro, Worthington and especially Millane. Once a then South Melbourne winger named Murphy was literally in tears before running to play on Millane. Magro once bumped Leigh Matthews nearly into the next week, and of course gave Jezza an almighty headache. Ronnie Andrews was really scary and the old timers say that Collingwood won the 1958 due to Hooker Harrison messing with Ron Barassi’s head during the grand final. Sorry but these types of tough guys were in another galaxy to Adams & Maynard (whom I love btw).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: