Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies destroy Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
WHE subbed out with a hip/adductor injury.

We'll need to keep an eye on this during the week.

Honestly, I thought his absence improved the team, once subbed off.
That contest we just witnessed tonight was no place for fumbling lightweights.

I think your confusing him with Sidebottom.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:30 pm

The general defensive effort all of the ground in the last part of the game was exceptional. The last serious disposal Melbourne had inside 50 was the Neal-Bullen goal with over 8 and a half minutes on the clock. After that, their only other possession inside 50 was the Pickett kick (from the immediately following centre clearance) from outside 50 tp Fritsch who tried to handball back to Langdon, when Sidey picked Langdon's his pocket and cleared it to De Goey. There were more than 8 minutes left when De Goey kicked that ball OOTF. And that was it for Melbourne.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:04 pm

How good is it to be the team kicking the red time goals instead of conceding them? A problem for many a year, predating Buckley certainly....its a good trick to have
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:15 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Re-watching the second half. I have revised my initial view - Sidebottom was BOG by a mile. His defensive efforts were spectacular - bringing the ball to ground against much bigger opponents, one on one in marking contests, cleaning up loose balls in the defensive 50, squeezing handballs and kicks to advantage from impossible positions, tackling ferociously and repeatedly. He even came forward and took the ball brilliantly away from the stoppage immediately after Maynard's tackle and squeezed the ball with his left onto Johnson's chest. There is no other player on Collingwood's list who can execute like that in tight corners, not even Pendlebury. And Lever knew it - as he stood on the mark for Johnson's goal, he was swearing and dropped his head - done cold by brilliance his team doesn't have.

I haven't even got to the part of his game that made the most impression on me, live - his magnificent efforts with Nick Daicos to run the clock down and out and ice the game. Just a class above.

yeah i thought sidey was bloody magnificent last night, he doesnt do the flashy stuff he does the dirty grunt stuff and he does it with precision more often than not. as some one else said, those possessions dont get counted, but they should, is that what a one percenter is? ive never really understood that remark!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:18 pm

Bruzz & McCreery tackling you at the same time

“Imagine that “

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:21 pm

See Cox got reported
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:34 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
90 nice wrote:
We’re there any reports like MRO from the game

Cox reported by umpire for rough conduct, but it’ll be thrown out. Gawn deserves an Academy Award for his acting and went down like a tissue blown in the wind.

Not sure why Cox has been reported for kneeing when that is Drapers main weapon that he has used all year with nasty consequences for a few of his opponents without any repercussions.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:53 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
piedys wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
WHE subbed out with a hip/adductor injury.

We'll need to keep an eye on this during the week.

Honestly, I thought his absence improved the team, once subbed off.
That contest we just witnessed tonight was no place for fumbling lightweights.

I think your confusing him with Sidebottom.

What is that supposed to mean? Sidebottom was close to our best player - involved in setting up almost every score in the final quarter, as well as closing down their best runner and making repeated desperate efforts in defence throughout the second half when their talls caught our backline out of position.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:07 pm

Jack Madgen has kicked 4 goals in the VFL second quarter against Willy
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:12 pm

Fun fact:

Melbourne's last inside 50 happened with 6:43 remaining in the last quarter. The closest they got to goal was about 75m out where Maynhard took anintercept mark.

The ball lived in Collingwood's half of the ground for almost the final 7 minutes.

Last edited by What'sinaname on Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:36 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
De Goey was our best by a mile.

5 goals within the first 20 kicks; you won't see that again at AFL level.

The first 10 mins was some of the best footy I have ever seen played.

I think the rucks are not the problem in the centre, but without De Goey in there we are stuffed.

My thoughts exactly. I just hope our club hasn't phucked up by panicking and taking their offer to De Goey off the table, under pressure from the woke brigade. He is the only irreplaceable player we have imo. A pure big game match winner. Without him, the Dees would have won by 6 goals.

As an aside, I agree with P4Ss comments on Sidey. He was magnificent...but I still ranked Jordy as our best. Right now we have a great mix of older generals and fearless young turks. It's a perfect combination.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pep 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:02 pm

What a night to be at the ‘G’!!

Fantastic game to watch live, there must of been more pies fans based into he noise. Thought that 2nd half was why we will be so dangerous in the finals. Impressive pressure plus run and carry and never giving up.

Bruz, JDG, Sidey, Elliot and Johnson were awesome.

Aren’t great tackles just the best?? The ones on May and then on Fritsch were brill but then Bruz said hold my beer and nailed Neal Bullen!! Best moment of the night, with the Daicos and Johnson goals that put us in front.

Another reply to watch many times this week!

Last edited by Pep on Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:06 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Bruzz & McCreery tackling you at the same time

“Imagine that “

The bash brothers from the Mighty Ducks Laughing

BARRACK HARD!
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:09 pm

Rev wrote:
Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Here's the last 2 mins
https://www.afl.com.au/video/813681/last-two-mins-pies-fly-past-dees-in-thriller?videoId=813681&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1659703251001

Did anyone else notice in that last two minutes (at about 1.00-0.45 to go) while we were trying to lock it in the forward line that Bianco tackled J Daicos into the ground and let Brayshaw tumble on top of them to hold it in. Daicos actually had enough space to pick it up and have opportunity to dispose but Bianco just grabbed him and rode him down meaning two things: it couldn’t be called holding the ball because Daicos had no prior, plus it couldn’t be called holding against his own teammate! I’m convinced it was deliberate (and really clever) by Bianco.

I’m sure you can even here the Collingwood supporters yell in the back too Shocked

BARRACK HARD!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:15 pm

Bruzza touched on this in his interview with Fox after the game. One ingredient in the amazing formula that is our team, is the mixture of experience and skill from older champions such as Pendles, Sidey, the middle age group of extremely talented players such as Crisp, Checkers, Moore, etc, and the explosive energy, and vitality of the youth. They are all combining in such a way to complement and enhance the strenghts of each other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16   

Jump to: