Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies destroy Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is who goes out for Grundy and Adams. I’m happy with Cox and Carmichael.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:56 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
The question is who goes out for Grundy and Adams. I’m happy with Cox and Carmichael.

Bianco and WHE?

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:57 pm

I thought Carmichael was pretty ordinary aga8nst the Demons, tbh. Tried hard but did not get a lot of it.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:17 pm

Meredith1965 wrote:

I thought Carmichael was pretty ordinary aga8nst the Demons, tbh. Tried hard but did not get a lot of it.

I thought he did alright. He's even starting to handball, one of which was part of a chain resulting in a goal in the last quarter. He is a big, strong running machine, which will come in handy in the finals.

Obviously one of Cameron or Cox will need to give way if Grundy returns. My guess is that Bianco would make way for Adams, with Carmichael as the injury sub.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:46 pm

Cam wrote:
roar wrote:
Nice to have Sidey playing well again. 2020-21 had me thinking he was beyond repair but he has found his desire and looking like playing another 5 years of good football.

He's been a lot better when he hasn't been running around the streets half naked during the season. Glad he got it out of his system lol

Better than running around the MCG half naked during the season I guess?

But fun activities such as nudie runs, are perhaps best left to the off season, where they don't detract from more important tasks, like our Premiership tilts...

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:02 pm

Madgen's form can no longer be denied

Out: WHE
In: Madge

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:09 pm

piffdog wrote:
roar wrote:
Nice to have Sidey playing well again. 2020-21 had me thinking he was beyond repair but he has found his desire and looking like playing another 5 years of good football.

There was a 10m+ handpass out in the far wing after he mugged Langdon one on one (4q 8:07 rem. to play) back over his shoulder which went to Jordy who didn’t break stride.

Amazing.

Bit of a pity De Goey kicked it straight into the crowd off the side of his boot - but hey, whatever, Sidebottom's work was sublime. His effort stifled Melbourne's last possession inside 50.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:14 pm

McCreery had zero possessions in the first half. He cannot repeat that.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:20 pm

Next week:

Out:

WHE

In:

Henry

Not exactly like for like but if Henry is going to play some meaningful role in September, best to not see him rot in the Reserves

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:39 pm

Just watched the final quarter again, and noticed for the first time the incredible tackling efforts of Bianco in that last five minutes. He played a major role in locking the ball into our F50. His tackles were ferocious.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:44 pm

inxs88 wrote:
McCreery had zero possessions in the first half. He cannot repeat that.

If the ball isn't going anywhere near him I'm sure there isn't much he can do about it!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:00 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Just watched the final quarter again, and noticed for the first time the incredible tackling efforts of Bianco in that last five minutes. He played a major role in locking the ball into our F50. His tackles were ferocious.

Spot on.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:21 am

Johnno75 wrote:
They played their best footy in the 1st half. Most other teams would have buckled and lost by 6 or 7 goals, but not us.

In this run of 11 I think more than half we have come from 20+ down??

Twice Melb, Ess, North, Port, Adel

Correct.

Round 10 - Fremantle [Trailed by 7)
Round 11 - Carlton [Trailed by 7]
Round 12 - Hawthorn [Trailed by 10]
Round 13 - Melbourne [Trailed by 22]
Round 15 - GWS [Trailed by 12]
Round 16 - Gold Coast [Trailed by 18]
Round 17 - North Melbourne [Trailed by 28]
Round 18 - Adelaide [Trailed by 20]
Round 19 - Essendon [Trailed by 21]
Round 20 - Port Adelaide [Trailed by 24]
Round 21 - Melbourne [Trailed by 23]

Sensei Grundy wrote:
I’ve got a man crush on our coach.

What a ripper bloke!

Simply, a great move from the club to do its due diligence and pick a coach who will bring out the very best from every player. We are very lucky to have him leading the playing group.

Terrific bloke, and the due diligence undertaken by the club has to be applauded.

His man management is second to none.

pietillidie wrote:
There was a panel or committee convened, wasn't there? We should make a point of giving praise where it's due, because the compulsion for too many people is to become vampires living off rage and bad news, heroes and villains. But that sort of quality decision making is the hard off-field graft that brings success.

Yes, it was the first time the club had done this in their history. It was a big shift away from the typical captain's pick from the President that we had become accustomed to for the last 100 years.

The best performing clubs had been doing similar things, so it was a no brainer that we had to finally grow up and mature rather than cut corners to find the next 'messiah'.

The sub-committee consisted of Mark Anderson (CEO), Graham Wright (GM of Football), Peter Murphy (board member), Paul Licuria (board member) and Luke Ball was brought in as an external appointment.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/29/magpies-premiership-player-added-to-sub-committee-to-appoint-new-coach/

Cam wrote:
I noticed an angrier side to our guys last night. The first hit on Langdon by Bruzzy it was WHE, Pendles and Sidey piling on to let him know. De Goey was up and about all game, McCreery is an animal, Elliott, Mihocek don't take any rubbish. Our shift is interesting and we are loving it.

Same. I think this comes from McRae having learnt from the best in Leigh Matthews who demanded toughness.

What'sinaname wrote:
Fun fact:

Melbourne's last inside 50 happened with 6:43 remaining in the last quarter. The closest they got to goal was about 75m out where Maynhard took anintercept mark.

The ball lived in Collingwood's half of the ground for almost the final 7 minutes.

The pressure acts were through the roof in the end. It was an amazing team effort.

McRae made note of this in the presser, but shout out to McCreery who had a quiet first half but was huge in those final minutes of the game.

the fuzz wrote:
I love this team

They're infectious. The adrenaline rush from watching them is exhilarating.

Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:17 am

^ If I'm a team going into the 3 quarter time huddle 20 points up v Magpies, I'm feeling the cold sweat of dread coming over me!
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:18 am

I have said this on several occasions the ability of this side obviously coached to believe in their ability to immediately stop a sides momentum with a fierce pressure and create their own momentum

Luck would be once ,twice or three times maybe

But NOT 11 times—it’s a genuine style /game plan or call it what you like

They make the Granny it sure will be interesting to see how it plays out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16   

Jump to: