Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Swans end Pies' run. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Burns 17 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop saying Carmichael in for JDG. He was already in the team. What is going on on Howe's head too. Continues to leak goals with poor play. Dropped chest mark, no pressure. Terrible effort. The last time Collingwood played Sydney in. Home and away game in Melbourne was 2013 I think. Any chance the AFL could give the one meeting between the two teams in Melbourne?
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:43 pm

Expected us to drop this one. Disappointed but not going to get all bent out of shape. Playing on a ground the size of a coin didn’t allow us to play our game. Bring on the Bloooos.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:45 pm

Mr Burns 17 wrote:
Stop saying Carmichael in for JDG. He was already in the team. What is going on on Howe's head too. Continues to leak goals with poor play. Dropped chest mark, no pressure. Terrible effort. The last time Collingwood played Sydney in. Home and away game in Melbourne was 2013 I think. Any chance the AFL could give the one meeting between the two teams in Melbourne?

Yes he’s made some uncharacteristic poor efforts over the last few weeks. Maybe he’s carrying an injury or just out of firm. Might explain the keenness for McStay

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:47 pm

90 nice wrote:
Sydney crowd was a disgrace flogs

It's very painful to watch footy there, I was there as a neutral for Buddy's 1000th goal, just a horribly football illiterate and unpleasant fan base
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:51 pm

1 ). The Swans are a very good side. They will go deep in September.
Scoreboard flattered us but as a comparison, I reckon we have much more improvement in us than their performance.

2 ) We weren’t on today. Mis communication, fumbling, second to the footy to often, broken tackles and dropped marks. Just a bad day at the office and it happens to everyone at some point.

3 ) Carmichael was exposed today against extreme pressure. Really like him as a blank canvas for the future but those constant panic disposals under pressure caught him out. The G will suit him once again but he needs to show some composure very quickly or he will be the first of the 22 to go ( injury aside ) I’d love to see MacRae come in this week. He’s in great VFL form and he knows exactly what’s on offer if he plays well.
Mr Burns 17 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:52 pm

And Quaynor played possibly his worst game ever. Maybe spend less time at the hairdresser. Looks ridiculous.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:52 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
pieboy wrote:
mudlark wrote:
slangman wrote:
Our 11 win streak was bookended by by games that Callum Brown was selected in.

Sorry, but he is not anywhere near the standard that a team vying for a top 4 spot can afford to play.

It is very frustrating when you sense a loss coming at the selection table.

I concur. It’s no coincidence.

I thought exactly the same thing

"Then Aaron shall lay both of his hands on the head of the live goat, and confess over it all the iniquities of the sons of Israel and all their transgressions in regard to all their sins;
and he shall lay them on the head of the goat and send it away into the wilderness..."
Leviticus 16:20-22

Hmmmm, roasted sacred scapegoat; Sacrilicious!
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:54 pm

Mr Burns 17 wrote:
And Quaynor played possibly his worst game ever. Maybe spend less time at the hairdresser. Looks ridiculous.

Agreed, very poor today, maybe the flu? Need him to lift next week
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:56 pm

dalyc wrote:
slangman wrote:
Our 11 win streak was bookended by by games that Callum Brown was selected in.

Sorry, but he is not anywhere near the standard that a team vying for a top 4 spot can afford to play.

It is very frustrating when you sense a loss coming at the selection table.

Fair go .. he was the medical sub and the game was all but gone when he came in. I actually thought he was alright when he came on … energetic and purposeful.

If you need to blame anyone for the loss he should be the last on the list.

I’m not saying that he IS the reason we lost.
The game after Cal Browns last game was vs Freo when Henry was the sub.
He was pivotal in our win. Cal Brown will never be able to influence a game like Henry so I do not know why we selected Cal Brown ahead of Henry.
The more players who have the ability to change a game that you have in your team, the greater likelihood you have of winning.
I thought that it was a very poor decision to have picked him as sub ahead of Henry.

TassiePie1990 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:04 pm

Was at my b&f count and was only half watching but from what I could see. That ground is a cricket ground and a very poor football ground. Also we pressed and pressed on the last but couldn’t find a way through in the last. Things will be different on the MCG.
We can beat Geelong, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane when we meet them at the ‘G’. You don’t win grand finals at the SCG or skilled stadium!
Larabee 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:17 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Sydney’s defensive structures are elite. Defences win flags.

They’re a serious chance for the premiership.

They also play a bloody awful game to watch.It’s just flooding,flooding,flooding,and scrum after scrum.It’s not good to watch.

It's in their DNA. I'd rather watch World Championship Knitting than the Swans. It's Longmire all over but they play to their strength which is the SCG. I'm Sydney born and bred and IMHO the SCG is the best cricket ground but too small for AFL. Different story at the G where Collingwood shines.

Marvelos 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:32 pm

Larabee wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Jezza wrote:

They also play a bloody awful game to watch.It’s just flooding,flooding,flooding,and scrum after scrum.It’s not good to watch.

It's in their DNA. I'd rather watch World Championship Knitting than the Swans. It's Longmire all over but they play to their strength which is the SCG. I'm Sydney born and bred and IMHO the SCG is the best cricket ground but too small for AFL. Different story at the G where Collingwood shines.

You’d think with the AFL wanting Sydney siders to embrace the game they’d look into (somehow) extending the ground, no one want’s to see congested games like you always get at the SCG, footy purists might like it but it would look like a dog’s breakfast to anyone else.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:40 pm

Mr Burns 17 wrote:

Yes. For years I've been saying (not on this board) that we still have not beaten all the old Melbourne Demons out of Howe yet. He still makes poor decisions and skill execution that costs us. Flying early in marking contests, dropping marks, falling over, scrappy kicks out of defence etc. For someone of his ability and experience he should be a Rock of Gibraltar down there, like Stewart of Geelong.

MONCO: Your life.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:35 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I still reckon this seasons fixture was utter shit for us, in more ways than one. Like, forget the earlier games, how the hell can a side, Geelong, get such easy pesy last two games of the season, a side that made a Prelim last season, while we just missed the spoon, and finished second bottom, and get two very hard matches to end the year ?? By all rights, we should have played the Suns this week, and the handbag Cats should have played the Swans today, on the SCG. ?? AFL honchos do us no favours, ever. Ever.

How can you talk about the fixture with the preface, forget the earlier games.

Anyway, Carlton finished 13th last year, WCE finished 9th so Geelong have a tougher Round 23 game based on last years finish.

Hey genius, we finished second fuckingbottom of ladder, and missed the spoon by a bees knee, was close run thing, the precious Cats made a damn Prelim Final, we came from 17th and we copped a harder fixture, its not fuckingrocket science, go figure. Surprised Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:38 pm

Larabee wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Jezza wrote:

This, yes, the SCG is no bigger, than the small grounds my sons played on, in junior footy, some years ago, same size, and they were in U 10s, U 11s an U12s, just kids, on same size ground, its totally not AFL standard . Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: