Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Swans end Pies' run. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we get Jordy back next week.

That was a loss we had to have. There was no way we were going to win 16 on the trot. The ground suited them perfectly and us not at all, and anyone who tells you that viral impacts don’t greatly reduce performance is lying. I thought it was encouraging we got so close, frankly.

I honestly thought that the same game played on the G, with Adams and De Goey, and we’ve got their measure.

Nice to see Mason nail a big goal. If could do that more often he’d be a hell of a weapon in finals.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:50 am

Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I still reckon this seasons fixture was utter shit for us, in more ways than one. Like, forget the earlier games, how the hell can a side, Geelong, get such easy pesy last two games of the season, a side that made a Prelim last season, while we just missed the spoon, and finished second bottom, and get two very hard matches to end the year ?? By all rights, we should have played the Suns this week, and the handbag Cats should have played the Swans today, on the SCG. ?? AFL honchos do us no favours, ever. Ever.

How can you talk about the fixture with the preface, forget the earlier games.

Anyway, Carlton finished 13th last year, WCE finished 9th so Geelong have a tougher Round 23 game based on last years finish.

Hey genius, we finished second fuckingbottom of ladder, and missed the spoon by a bees knee, was close run thing, the precious Cats made a damn Prelim Final, we came from 17th and we copped a harder fixture, its not fuckingrocket science, go figure. Surprised Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes

Nice rant. So now you are asking the AFL to be able to predict the future when they set the fixture. Righteo!

When the game was fixtured, Carlton had finished 13th, WCE 9th. So we had the easier Rd 23 game.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:02 am

think positive wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
Look it was inevitable the run was going to end at done stage and it we were up against it without 2 midfield bulls in Adams and JDG.

Let’s just get the job done against Carlton lock in 4th and then hit that 13 game winning Geelong team, which would be coming off a month of soft wins and the bye with our trademark in your face tackling and pressure.

We got this, let’s just hope on draw between Brissy and Melbourne because then we are off to the SCG again.
this

I’m not reading any further! The sky hasn’t fallen yet

But I’ll call out the media/afl for condemning the racial abuse of the Melbourne player as it should, but then continually showing Jack after he was injured to get the crowd booing.

No one deserves to be bullied.

**** the AFL.

And this from the mob who are still bleeding about the booing their own biggest stager received.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:03 am

Quincy wrote:
Why does Howe spoil his own teammates?

So often!!!
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:07 am

Haff wrote:
I don’t get the hate for noble. Take the game on, tries 100%. Sure he can turn it over but Pendles turned it over 2-3 times yesterday.

Agreed. First two quarters Noble did three good tackles, one of which should have been a free.
Pendles did three bad kicks to turn it over in the first half.

Keep Noble in the team. Our problems are elsewhere.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:11 am

think positive wrote:

But I’ll call out the media/afl for condemning the racial abuse of the Melbourne player as it should, but then continually showing Jack after he was injured to get the crowd booing.

No one deserves to be bullied.

**** the AFL.

I agree TP. It was very deliberate to incite the crowd. The first two times were forgivable, kind of let's see that again? But beyond that it wasn't funny in my eyes, although Jack seemed to smile about it.

But you ask anyone else and the Collingwood crowd is the worst, like you don't find anyone of poor character that support other teams.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:15 am

What'sinaname wrote:
didick wrote:
Through the streak I found it difficult to see any coverage of us after a win, even reporting the result on the ABC news. Like we were getting snubbed. Wake up this morning and within ten minutes two mentions of the amazing Swans upsetting the Pies. Blatant bias.

Really? We were the lead story on every football show over the past 4 weeks.

Not on the ABC. Morning after the victory against the Ducks I watched the last hour of the news. Not a mention.

This morning, twice in ten minutes.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:17 am

dalyc wrote:
slangman wrote:
Our 11 win streak was bookended by by games that Callum Brown was selected in.

Sorry, but he is not anywhere near the standard that a team vying for a top 4 spot can afford to play.

It is very frustrating when you sense a loss coming at the selection table.

Fair go .. he was the medical sub and the game was all but gone when he came in. I actually thought he was alright when he came on … energetic and purposeful.

If you need to blame anyone for the loss he should be the last on the list.

14 disposals at 86% in 2 qtrs. Good numbers

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:24 am

Callum Brown was one of the brighter spots, to be honest. Howe said that he played a bit back and maybe he has a future. I think he’ll be in again next week. People love to criticise him but he was as effective as any in that half.

Poor old WHE had one long clanger of a game but with busted beazer he had a right to.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:53 am

Meredith1965 wrote:
Callum Brown was one of the brighter spots, to be honest. Howe said that he played a bit back and maybe he has a future. I think he’ll be in again next week. People love to criticise him but he was as effective as any in that half.

Poor old WHE had one long clanger of a game but with busted beazer he had a right to.

Busted twice too, and he didn’t even get a free kick for the second whack that got Maynard suspended for two weeks for a similar spoil that didn’t hurt anyone.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:13 am

A few things...
- It was always going to be hard without De Goey.
- We didn't pressure enough. There were a lot of missed tackles and we just weren't physical enough. Sydney, on the other hand were.
- I think we were a bit flat after the crazy few months of close games.
- Poor Callum Brown getting roasted on here like he was the reason we lost. I thought he was pretty good when he came on.
- Big respect for Hosk who had his nose rearranged twice and kept going.
- We hate that ground. Swans just bottle it up and we couldn't get our running link going. FFS, Any chance we can play them in Melbourne for once?!?!
tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:14 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I still reckon this seasons fixture was utter shit for us, in more ways than one. Like, forget the earlier games, how the hell can a side, Geelong, get such easy pesy last two games of the season, a side that made a Prelim last season, while we just missed the spoon, and finished second bottom, and get two very hard matches to end the year ?? By all rights, we should have played the Suns this week, and the handbag Cats should have played the Swans today, on the SCG. ?? AFL honchos do us no favours, ever. Ever.

How can you talk about the fixture with the preface, forget the earlier games.

Anyway, Carlton finished 13th last year, WCE finished 9th so Geelong have a tougher Round 23 game based on last years finish.

Hey genius, we finished second fuckingbottom of ladder, and missed the spoon by a bees knee, was close run thing, the precious Cats made a damn Prelim Final, we came from 17th and we copped a harder fixture, its not fuckingrocket science, go figure. Surprised Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes

Nice rant. So now you are asking the AFL to be able to predict the future when they set the fixture. Righteo!

When the game was fixtured, Carlton had finished 13th, WCE 9th. So we had the easier Rd 23 game.

Whilst we shouldn't judge the fairness of the fixture based on who plays who in the last few rounds, there are some top sides who have had incredible 'luck' with the fixture this year:
-as the ladder stands now, neither Geelong or Swans have played any other top 8 side twice.
-Sydney will have played 3 games against the clear 2 bottom sides (WCE/North).
-Geelong will have 4 games against the bottom 2. If that's not a dream run (for a team continually playing finals) then I don't know what is.

And who are 1/2 on the ladder? Where would they be if they had a fixture in line with the other top 8 sides?

tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:22 am

bally12 wrote:
...Unfortunately the spectre of Buckley's influence strangled this team today.

I agree with most of your assessment of the game but blaming Buckley is a low blow.
It was a loss that was always coming at some point - we were due, was on a ground not suited to us, and certainly no previous or current coach's fault.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:58 am

the fuzz wrote:
A few things...
- We didn't pressure enough. There were a lot of missed tackles and we just weren't physical enough. Sydney, on the other hand were.
- Poor Callum Brown getting roasted on here like he was the reason we lost. I thought he was pretty good when he came on.
- We hate that ground. Swans just bottle it up and we couldn't get our running link going. FFS, Any chance we can play them in Melbourne for once?!?!

+1

Noticed we wore our home kit but it was a Sydney home game?
Pep 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:59 am

the fuzz wrote:
A few things...

+2

We battled hard all day, I liked that, but due to the Swans defensive structures, we were strangled going forward.

Big game next week, lets reset and hopefully JDG can come back in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: