Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ What's copes by being a Richmond supporter.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:40 am

I love McCrae and what he has done for us. But this was an interesting comment from his presser :

“ There was a moment in a game, might have been a minute to go and scores were level; and the emergency umpire said 'if it's a draw, you guys can go on the field'. I communicated to the box [and asked] 'what do you want to do' because we moved to play a forward to try and win the game. Darcy Moore was in the forward line, we're playing a guy short down back and they manned it up anywhere so 'what do you want to do? We're going for the win, we're going for it'. We're not here to draw the game and go for extra time. Put the head in the pillow tonight; I'm not sure if that's the right decision to make but that's how we want to live ourselves”

This seems like a howling coaching blunder to me. The game is level. Why would you disturb your Rolls-Royce backline at a time like that ? Remember that they won through a goal achieved because they had players free by themselves out the back. I have not seen the replay, but was this the cause ?
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:51 am

I found it strange Moore going forward but I was at the Punt road end and hadn’t noticed Johnson was injured. I am defence first unless you are not in a position to win. It wasn’t like we were down and needed to roll the dice. We have come from behind a number of times this year, so would have backed as in extra time.

Rohan nearly f$&ed up the unf$&cable, probably lucky Steele slipped over.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:15 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Seriously guys, we didn't do too much wrong last night. For all the criticism of our mistakes etc, it's worth remembering we were up against the clear best team in the comp. The truth is, they did not let us play our free flowing game, and we would not have expected them too either. For all that, however, we nearly got over the top of them.

Freo will not be a pushover next week. We will miss Adams for sure, and maybe (but hopefully not) Johnson. Nevertheless, if we bring the intensity we applied last night, we should beat the Dockers. Bring it on.

And by the way, some of my fellow Nicksters need to get up off the turf and stop acting like losers. Wink

Funny when we lose we have a go at the 23 out on the field last night but no mention of the other 20 on the list who weren’t there. Adams is our only in and under midfielder and he plays with his groin hanging off his bone. Kreuger was out there last night and he had a shoulder reconstruction a couple of months ago. I thought it was an inspirational effort of the guys to almost get up against a team who is indisputably the best in the competition at the moment. And with a bit of luck and a few umpiring decisions going our way we would have done them in. Time now to focus on who we can bring in for Adams. Macrae was disappointing against Carlton. No more excuses for him. We have a kid who played country football last year who runs rings around him. Where were Will Kelly and Charlie Dean last night? We lack that second tall defender to help out Darcy Moore. No more excuses for those two players either. Mihocek has to do more. It’s a big ask. He has no support from another tall forward such as a McStay to help him out. Against Fremantle next week I’d have both Kreuger and Carmichael playing in the 22. I wish we had more to choose from from the other 20 players on the list who weren’t out there. That’s a combination of bad luck and poor list management but at least we’re better than twelve other teams who won’t be playing any more part in this year’s competition.

Last edited by MatthewBoydFanClub on Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:18 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Seriously guys, we didn't do too much wrong last night. For all the criticism of our mistakes etc, it's worth remembering we were up against the clear best team in the comp. The truth is, they did not let us play our free flowing game, and we would not have expected them too either. For all that, however, we nearly got over the top of them.

Freo will not be a pushover next week. We will miss Adams for sure, and maybe (but hopefully not) Johnson. Nevertheless, if we bring the intensity we applied last night, we should beat the Dockers. Bring it on.

And by the way, some of my fellow Nicksters need to get up off the turf and stop acting like losers. Wink

Agree

Jim Beam (cheersPiesnchess) got me up and watching the doggies capitulation!

We can take purple,

And I’m already visualising a trip to sydney!

We got this!

Thanks for the presser Jezza xxx MCRae is Brilliant

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:18 am

does checkers need a stint in the backline?

krueeeeeeeee into the starting lineup? he has energy and is really checkers 2.0 once fit and in form.

Looking at stats..for an entire game we only took 9 contested marks and they took 13

Moore did a fantastic Job against hawkins... and to be fair all the stats other than the above looked really good for us. this might have been our best game for the year.

But we didn't capitalise on our dominance in the first half on scoreboard and its what cost us.

Now we are on the Syd/SCG side of the draw and we cant play for Sheeeeet at that small stupid ground
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:23 am

Do Fremantle in next week we can do Sydney in Sydney. Sydney are just as good on the MCG as they are in Sydney. It doesn’t matter where we play them.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:25 am

Meredith1965 wrote:
I love McCrae and what he has done for us. But this was an interesting comment from his presser :

“ There was a moment in a game, might have been a minute to go and scores were level; and the emergency umpire said 'if it's a draw, you guys can go on the field'. I communicated to the box [and asked] 'what do you want to do' because we moved to play a forward to try and win the game. Darcy Moore was in the forward line, we're playing a guy short down back and they manned it up anywhere so 'what do you want to do? We're going for the win, we're going for it'. We're not here to draw the game and go for extra time. Put the head in the pillow tonight; I'm not sure if that's the right decision to make but that's how we want to live ourselves”

This seems like a howling coaching blunder to me. The game is level. Why would you disturb your Rolls-Royce backline at a time like that ? Remember that they won through a goal achieved because they had players free by themselves out the back. I have not seen the replay, but was this the cause ?

I actually liked it. It’s a qualifying final - win and go to a prelim. All on the line. Didn’t mind the coaches comments after the game either - he hasn’t had to front up after losses too often but got the sense he was a little salty. He still thinks we can win a flag - needs to make sure all his players do to.

Very proud of the effort. Be some interesting selection calls this week. Someone for Adams and is Checkers ok? Has been very quiet for 6-7 weeks. Not blaming him for the loss - although a few others might have taken their chances early.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:26 am

I’m away right now, so only watched the last qtr live, have since watched the whole game, missing easy shots on goal is what cost us.
Yes the umpiring left a lot to be desired, we know we’re not gonna get an easy run with the umpires, it’s a given & it appears when we do get frees, they’re often on the wrong end of the ground.
So we live with that.

Some silly errors in giving away 50metres for example, was it Josh?
Can’t recall off the top of my head.

We should get over Freo next week, but not 100% confident facing the Swans in the PF.

I still say GEEL v SYD GF with (hopefully) SYD winning.

Anyways, the Flogs got done last night, so I’m a happy camper.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!

Last edited by ANNODAM on Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:26 am

Dbl.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:31 am

[quote=The body language was different. The backs weren't slapping each others hands after a good save, the goal kickers weren't being rushed and hugged by their team mates. Geez, even Ginni never smiled and Jamie looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders lining up for goal. In all respects, they seemed to go into their shells a bit.
[/quote]
Agree, never seen Billy second guessing himself with a shot inside 50 so much, one positive was our centre clearances though
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:41 am

Damien wrote:
So proud of this team. And to the flogs on here who are:

1. Blaming the umpires
2. Calling for Mihocek to be dropped
3. Talking about whether we can beat Sydney or not

I will say:

1. Umpiring was brilliant, let it go all game and no team had a clear advantage,
2. Mihocek had a quiet game yes but no way he’ll be dropped
3. we gotta win another game before we worry about Sydney

Had a gutful of the whingers on this site. Especially about umpiring. If you can’t just acknowledge what a brilliant performance that was by our team, you don’t know squat about footy and definitely haven’t played it.

It’s reasonable to have a debate about the umpiring. Personally I was happy with it because they mostly let the game flow, but some of those decisions to do with incorrect disposals are textbook free kicks. Those ones should have been paid. As for the comments about Adams and Mihocek I won’t dignify them with a response.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:46 am

Great game of football in front of 91000 people, disappointed to lose, and in saying that we had a massive crack. Look forward to next Saturday night against Freemantle. Sure the umpires made some massive errors but so did the players. Football in 2022 is the big winner thanks to the Pies.

Side note there is a rule for everyone and there is another for Jack. The AFL Umpires should be embarrassed.
Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:46 am

mgh3536 wrote:
Farkin arrogant Geelong fans

I would love for us to have second crack at them

You're absolutely right. We couldn't be more humble.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:52 am

piffdog wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:

I actually liked it. It’s a qualifying final - win and go to a prelim. All on the line. Didn’t mind the coaches comments after the game either - he hasn’t had to front up after losses too often but got the sense he was a little salty. He still thinks we can win a flag - needs to make sure all his players do to.

Very proud of the effort. Be some interesting selection calls this week. Someone for Adams and is Checkers ok? Has been very quiet for 6-7 weeks. Not blaming him for the loss - although a few others might have taken their chances early.

It was a great effort, no question, and I thought McCrae’s attitude was great. But if it was level at the time - did that decision re Moore cost us the game, given they won through having players loose out the back ? I guess the many analysis shows will take a look at it. I haven’t had the heart to watch it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 18 of 22   

Jump to: