Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Postpone the Finals out of respect to our Queen

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Not sure I understand why you took issue with my post, WPT. Andrew hasn't been found guilty in any court of law. The part of my post that you're presumably characterising as a "smart arse response" – "making that adverb work harder than most" – is making the exact same point that you're making, that nobody but Prince Andrew believes that he is innocent. So I think we may be in furious agreement...

My issue is in relation to the use of Woody Allen and juxtaposing him with Prince Andrew ( and Epstein) by TP. Your response continues that association. A lot of people do not share the view TP was suggesting including the alleged victims sibling who is a professional working in family therapy, who clearly stated that the room the person making the allegations said abuse occurred was not physically able to have occurred with respect to items in the room. Further Woody Allen has been to court and was not found guilty. The good Prince has never been to court.
Further there are a lot of people who believe Allen has been treated poorly in this. I’m all for supporting people who say they’ve been abused however allegations are not sufficient in themselves. Not even a well written book by another sibling or a furious mother vengeful mother who more than one adopted child said was an abuser in her own right.

https://theunaustralian.net/2022/09/12/cardinal-pell-calls-on-the-world-to-embrace-prince-andrew/

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:07 am

I'm familiar with Moses Farrow's testimony, and I agree that it's compelling – though I think we should afford Mia Farrow the same presumption of innocence that we offer Allen. Besides the allegations of physical abuse, it goes without saying that brainwashing a child into believing they were sexually abused would be a pretty horrific thing to do to someone, so that is no less worthy of being described as "alleged". Personally, I think there are enough complications to confidently assert that I don't know who's telling the truth in that sad story, and I don't think it's my place to assume judge or jury either way. For me, both Allen and Farrow are innocent until proven guilty, and it's a pity that so many have not only assumed his guilt but essentially run him out of the industry.

Is it ever justified to make a call either way, without the benefit of a legal finding, as we're both doing with Prince Andrew? I guess the question is whether, if a person hasn't been found guilty by the courts, how much circumstantial evidence is enough to decide their guilt. Let's not forget it took many months after his downfall for Weinstein to be convicted of anything, but in the interim period we all assumed he was guilty given the mountain of testimony against him and that was in hindsight entirely justified.

You posted a link to an article making fun of Pell, whose own case was surely no less murky and hard to gauge than Allen's (and ultimately led to a not guilty verdict on appeal). We all have reasons for wanting people we like or admire to be innocent of allegations and for believing or even secretly hoping that people we don't like did what they're accused of. But if we're going to go around assuming guilt or innocence, I think the least we can do is ensure that we're leaving our own biases at the door. For me, Pell, Porter, Allen and Biden all deserve the same benefit of the doubt.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:42 am

I was waiting for you Hal used to say 😉 With respect the issue of linking Pell is his participation in the Church’s coverup, the moving on of the Rapists etc the way the church treated the victims not the court case of his guilt re one individual. He was head of the church and earlier dioceses and the way they treated victims should be enough to kick him out: I see the Pope gas in effect done this. Putting money before people isn’t very Christian.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:24 am

Wow,

Title includes “respect for our queen”

And. Here we are!

Who’s next?

Heather ORourke anybody? who knows if its true?

Rich entitled protected men with dirty secrets. Who woulda guessed?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:46 pm

Certainly is one of the more wilder deviations from the original topic. Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:03 pm

Just thankful it's no longer in General Discussion. Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:18 pm

Saw a nice meme,

Since the death of Queen Elizabeth, people will no longer get a letter from the Monarch when they turn 100.

Instead, people will receive a text from Prince Andrew when they turn 14.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:45 pm

https://chaser.com.au/general-news/prince-andrew-put-in-charge-of-corgis-due-to-his-vast-experience-with-grooming/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: