Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies superb in Semi victory. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 11.13.79
Fremantle 9.5.59

Goals: Ginni 3, Crisp, Checkers, Elliott 2, Cox, De Goey 1,

Disposals: NDaics 25, Pendles, De Goey, Crisp, 24, Noble, Lipinski 21, JDaics, Sidey 17, Bianco 16, Moore, Elliott 15, H-E 12, Howe, Ginni 11,

Tackles: Elliott 7, McC, Crisp, Lipinski 5.

D/E: Howe 94.1%, Moore 93.3, Maynard 90, Sidey 89.5 - one (or 4) of the reasons we won Very Happy

AFs: Crisp 101, NDaics 96, Howe 88, De Goey 87, Pendles 79, Elliott, Noble 78, Sidey 77, Lipinski 76, Ginni 74.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:15 am

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
great win pies
I reckon we are a chance against syd
I will drive up if I can get a ticket somehow
almost impossible I would imagine ?

I think finals tickets are supposed to be split so there should be opportunities for 10-15,000 Pies fans to go if they want to.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:21 am

Absolute dominance from start to finish.

That's two finals now where we've dominated early.

Our midfield and defence were excellent. Showed how good we can be if we're competitive in contested ball and clearances. Didn't finish as we'd like, but not too many sitters among those.

Sydney will be very tough. Good that we have recent experience against them. We weren't too far off in that game, add in Jordy whose form has been very good and we're more than a slim chance.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:45 am

Agree, Inkling.
This was a brilliant game. Dominated freo, and proved why we finished Top 4. A whole level above them.
Yes Sydney will be a huge challenge, especially on the SCG.
Agree, recent data from the last game we played against them only 3 weeks ago will be extremely valuable.
Also add in that we played them there without either jdg or Tay, and I am sure that our coaches and selectors will be analysing all the data.
We are absolutely a chance to win this game.
And one of the main reasons is, that no opposition coaches have really got a handle on how we keep winning.
we keep defying all conventional statistical measures.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:49 am

I just wanted to win one final, and no straight sets, an I got my wish. Now onto swannies, and who knows, this side is capable of any thing. So proud f the boys, very proud, and I reckon we have the swans a tad worried. What a season it has been, never a dull moment, so glad Jack Ginnivan played so well too, stuck it up bloody Dangermouse and critics, the sky is the limit now for us.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:53 am

We are Collingwood. We MAKE Grand Finals.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:55 am

I would just like to express how much I am in awe of our team, and of our coaches. This game was just an incredible confirmation of the belief, of the courage, of the resilience,that has been established in our players, which has allowed them to express their physical brilliance unleashed.
Fly McCrae is showing genial qualities in his ability to inspire, bond, and discipline this team, into an iron wedge.
Swans will be scrared after watching this performance.
We are the crazy team, the team no one can measure or gauge, and what is for sure, this team will absolutely play with a frenzy to the very end.
Carpes Diem, Pies.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:59 am

Just got back from the game. Having 90k+ adds some time getting out of the city.

A great win, dominant. Jack G kicking 3 made my night. Cox was a beast. and JDG - take a bow. You have had successive excellent finals games.

Now, WHE and AJ - OMFG. Learn to kick between the big sticks.

And Beau, you're not up to finals my friend. Time for a rest.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:02 am

Well in control of that from start to finish, which is a rare utterance this year.

Much smarter football overall with the added bonus of a better performance at the clearances, making things simpler.

de Goey, Crispy and Pendles were dominant, while the backline is in serious form. Loved Noble's game again, too, while Coxy is edging towards big form territory and Jamie could land a haul shortly, too. Moorey another big game and Howey looking better each week.

A whole new ball game next, but we certainly can't complain about getting an easier game and should be well aware of the intensity needed against the Swans.

Carna' Pies!

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:18 am

What the hell was with the fight after the game? In the crowd not far from the cheersquad. Near the front where M35 meets M34.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:19 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Just got back from the game. Having 90k+ adds some time getting out of the city.

You said it. Just getting home now, after midnight. The Mrs left me a stir fry in the fridge to heat up.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:41 am

pietillidie wrote:
Well in control of that from start to finish, which is a rare utterance this year.

Much smarter football overall with the added bonus of a better performance at the clearances, making things simpler.

de Goey, Crispy and Pendles were dominant, while the backline is in serious form. Loved Noble's game again, too, while Coxy is edging towards big form territory and Jamie could land a haul shortly, too. Moorey another big game and Howey looking better each week.

A whole new ball game next, but we certainly can't complain about getting an easier game and should be well aware of the intensity needed against the Swans.

Carna' Pies!

Noble was awful. Simply awful

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:42 am

Cam wrote:
We are Collingwood. We MAKE Grand Finals.

That we do Brother Cam; it's the next part of the equation which has been somewhat problematic over the years...

Okay, so the buy-in was superb again tonight, but the execution arguably worse than last week, with kicking at goal utterly deplorable after what, a 6.0 start before the behind plague commenced?

Sorry to say, we cannot carry both WHE and AJ to SCG, who contributed 0.6 to the cause; one has to go.

My anxiety was off the charts after qtr time; multiple gettable shots at goal pissed against the wall, when the contest was begging to be killed.
Never felt that lead was enough to hold them off, particularly after they chased down an impotent Footscray side last week; Lippa must be STOKED he left the kennel. I know we are!

You'll note, if we had a Serong or Schultz type in the middle for us, we'd be flying. Hope Tom Mitchell comes cheap too.

Also amazing to think after round 23, we came within a point of perhaps playing Carlton tonight!
Or, save for those arsehat umpires last week, we might be rested and playing an exhausted Brisbane team next friday night, minus Berry?

Richmond would be spewing they let Lions through last week; they'd have taken Melbourne down, and would have run Geelong into the dirt next week.

Such are the sliding door moments of 2022...

Onto the pink ducks now, and their putrid actor forward.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:00 am

inxs88 wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

Carna' Pies!

Noble was awful. Simply awful

Is this a running joke I'm not in on? Someone was moaning about Quaynor's game in another thread. Our backs and HB's have been superb.

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:20 am

We dominated the play when it counted, and we dominated when it didn't count.

Junk time was the last 20 minutes.

A.J. had those interviews this week, and I perceive he was willing the ball to go his way. Once he settled, he took a couple of marks, and as the game wore on, he went to work. This is a good example of where we are as a side. AJ will be far better for the experience.

Lol, last half couldn't kick straight to save out life. But it happens sometimes, it got monotonous the number of times we were having a ping. Maybe the players learn something from this too.

Damn hard next week. But we dominated Freo, we were superior. They didnt have an off day. We can do it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: