Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies superb in Semi victory. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Da fuq game did the Noble haters watch? He was terrific. The game day thread is so negative — the type of people who find 10 bucks on the footpath and complain it’s not 20.

Watching the replay and Crisp’s coast to coast sprint — what da fuq is with the commentators only talking about the chaser? Geezus
mattdally 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:49 am

Agreed Miyagi.
Noble has long been the whipping boy here. Sometimes I have joined in on this, but this year has proven he can play at the level. He’s made it and he is a lock week in week out. Love what he brings. Go Johnny
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:03 pm

[/quote]
Is this a running joke I'm not in on? Someone was moaning about Quaynor's game in another thread. Our backs and HB's have been superb.[/quote] I am a big fan of Quaynor, and it is not quite the same at the moment. Nine possessions last night, in the bottom 4 players in sun ranking table. Along with mccreery.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:08 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Da fuq game did the Noble haters watch? He was terrific. The game day thread is so negative — the type of people who find 10 bucks on the footpath and complain it’s not 20.

Watching the replay and Crisp’s coast to coast sprint — what da fuq is with the commentators only talking about the chaser? Geezus

Noble was superb and imho was only behind JDG and Crisp as our best player.

Nobles improvement has been pivotal to our rise up the ladder this year.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:13 pm

Jezza wrote:
Fremantle are a solid team so to dismantle them the way we did was impressive.

I like what you did there

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:17 pm

^ Quaynor has played 2 very poor finals. Unless there is an explanation, eg that he is badly hampered by a leg injury, his effort has been unacceptable. Some players who are important pieces of the puzzle during the year disappear in finals. He looks like one of those players, at the moment. Outmarked by Walters, outrun by Lobb, stepping short into the contest. It’s not the Collingwood game plan and he looks like a very weak link in the heat of the finals contest.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:48 pm

Very similar performance to what we witnessed against Geelong IMO with the main difference being a lesser opponent in Fremantle.

We basically had the game on our terms for the entire match and it's unfortunate we didn't take the opportunity in front of goal to bury them. While there was lots to admire about our performance tonight, just like last week we still had a number of little moments of missing targets, fumbles or dropped marks that stopped our transition in it's tracks when we were in a position to surge. Unlike Geelong Fremantle simply didn't have the same ability to make us pay for it.

Obviously no one expects perfection but it's those small moments that will ultimately decide our fate and to beat Sydney everything we have trained for and experienced this season must now come together in a way that's better than anything we've produced this year.

Well done to all our players, coaches and staff on delivering the victory and putting themselves in to a preliminary final.

While you'll have your eyes firmly fixed on an even greater prize now this is still a much deserved reward for all your efforts and deeds throughout the season.

Go Pies!

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:48 pm

i woke up this morning....and guess what...we are STILL in the 2022 prelim.

it wasnt a dream!
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:52 pm

90 nice wrote:
Only 1 change for Sydney is out noble and in Carmichael

Absolutely no chance of this happening unless Noble is injured

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:59 pm

Watching the Ch.7 replay.
McLachlan slyly slipped in:
"Cox, when the moment arrived, was right up for it."
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:05 pm

mattdally wrote:
Agreed Miyagi.
Noble has long been the whipping boy here. Sometimes I have joined in on this, but this year has proven he can play at the level. He’s made it and he is a lock week in week out. Love what he brings. Go Johnny

Funnily enough, given the importance of the game and quality of the opposition, I thought Noble played arguably his career best game against the Cats last week. He was incredibly clean that night but I maintain he didn’t carry that cleanness and surety into the Dockers game. Having said that, how often are you expected to improve on a career best game in the same season.

Quaynor is an interesting one. I’ve posted a couple times over the last few weeks that he’s looked to have been off his best. Last night may have been a culmination of what was to come. He still has his moments and he’s not being omitted any time soon but the zip and second efforts have been missing for a while now. The “ down turn “ seems to have coincided with an illness he and a number of his team mates were associated with a couple months ago.
Maybe all will be revealed when the season is over.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:08 pm

IQ has been down a bit since the TikTok bs. He was in form up until then. He’s still playing his role though, and I compare him to Checkers who had a bit of a drought

I’m surprised no one is blaming the hair style yet.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:20 pm

gurugeoff wrote:

Is this a running joke I'm not in on? Someone was moaning about Quaynor's game in another thread. Our backs and HB's have been superb.[/quote] I am a big fan of Quaynor, and it is not quite the same at the moment. Nine possessions last night, in the bottom 4 players in sun ranking table. Along with mccreery.[/quote]

Their scoreline was crap, that’s the job of the defender, the main job, stats don’t tell the whole story

I said to junior at one stage, McReery is like ive got this pocket, off you go, and he did it all himself.

It’s called a team for a reason. Individual stats from a win are for the coach to examine. Our defence was magnificent, especially when you consider Moore was in bed all week.

The big blonde gigantor they have worried me when I watched him against the dogs, he wasn’t sighted last night.

Well done defenders

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:26 pm

Cam wrote:
We are Collingwood. We MAKE Grand Finals.

I would like to change that to “We WIN Grand Finals”!

slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:51 pm

inxs88 wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
Well in control of that from start to finish, which is a rare utterance this year.

Much smarter football overall with the added bonus of a better performance at the clearances, making things simpler.

de Goey, Crispy and Pendles were dominant, while the backline is in serious form. Loved Noble's game again, too, while Coxy is edging towards big form territory and Jamie could land a haul shortly, too. Moorey another big game and Howey looking better each week.

A whole new ball game next, but we certainly can't complain about getting an easier game and should be well aware of the intensity needed against the Swans.

Carna' Pies!

Noble was awful. Simply awful

Not sure which game you were watching because I though that Noble was brilliant.
He took the game on at nearly every opportunity and provided run and carry all night.
I had him in our top 5 best players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: