Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injuries [Maxwell, Head.]

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Warner subbed out of 2nd Test with concussion

Renshaw in.

"Warner was hit on the helmet and the arm by ... Mohammed Siraj during a rugged innings of 15 on the first day.

Warner’s substitution from the game has echoes of Steve Smith’s scratching from the Lord’s Test in the 2019 Ashes when Marnus Labuschagne was brought in at a crucial stage of the match.

In what proved to be a big break in Labuschagne’s career, the Queenslander made a vital half-century to help save the match for Australia before kicking on and becoming the world’s No.1 ranked Test batter."

(Wu)

[Yup, Smith being KOed by Archer's harmless bouncer was the best thing Smith has done for Oz in the past 7 years.]
K 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:47 pm

Note just concussion. Will we see Warner at Test level again?

Warner subbed out with concussion, fractured elbow

"A battered David Warner was ruled out of the second Test with concussion before he was also revealed to be nursing a fractured elbow, putting him in severe doubt to play in the remainder of the Border Gavaskar Trophy series.

The second blow, which came off a top edge, has left him with a concussion. But the first blow may end up being of equal concern following confirmation that he suffered a small hairline fracture to his left elbow.

Under ICC rules, Warner is allowed to be replaced in the XI mid-match due to his concussion. Match referee Andy Pycroft approved Renshaw being substituted in for Warner before play on Saturday.

The ICC has also said Renshaw... will not be able to send down his part-time off-spin in the match given Warner rarely bowls and the concussion substitute must be a like-for-like replacement."

(cricket.com.au)
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:58 pm

K wrote:
The ICC has also said Renshaw... will not be able to send down his part-time off-spin in the match given Warner rarely bowls and the concussion substitute must be a like-for-like replacement."[/i]

(cricket.com.au)

Hardly an issue. 3 frontline spinners, Head and Labu would all get a trundle before Rens.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
K 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:01 pm

If it has to be "like-for-like", will Renshaw be allowed to score at a SR greater than 35? Wink If Smith has to go off the field, does the sub fielder have to drop three catches?
K 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:51 pm

'“Cam’s been going through his return to play stuff,” Dodemaide said. “He hasn’t really completed all of what he was intended to do. He still hasn’t faced quick bowlers, he hasn’t done a lot of catching as well.

“He’s trained for quite some time. But there’s just enough reaction and discomfort there that it’s just not ready. So hence we fully expect he will be online for the third Test.”'
K 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:47 pm

Hazlewood's returned to Oz. Won't be available for Sheffield Shield. "Likely to be joined by Ashton Agar".

Warner will also fly home (on Wednesday). Expected to be available for ODIs.

Cummins will fly home "later this week"* for family illness reasons. Expected to be back in India for 3rd Test. (But FTB is on standby to lead. Sad )

Swepson's flying back to India. Baby must have arrived.

Murphy is nursing a side strain, but should be available.

The selectors mentioned Maxwell and the ODI series... but sounded like they're not ruling out desperately flying him out for a Test. Surprised So sad he broke his leg. Dunno how he'd go batting in India, but can't be worse than the current mob, and he can bowl part time. And field brilliantly (unlike FTB, who is dropping a WR number of catches on the subcontinent). Maxwell himself said he was about 80% fit.

* A different article says Cummins has already flown home and will return to India "later this week". That'd be much safer for the Oz team.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:36 pm

Breaking:

Cummins to miss 3rd Test to spend time with seriously ill mother

“I have decided against returning to India at this time as my mother is ill and in palliative care. I feel I am best being here with my family.

“I appreciate the overwhelming support I have received from Cricket Australia and my teammates. Thanks for your understanding.”

FTB will lead. Sad [FTB 'returned to Delhi from a three-day break in Dubai with his wife, Dani.' (Brettig)]

----------------------------------

More older news on Warner:

"Though Warner could still bat through the pain, there are concerns over his range of motion in the joint and the possibility of more damage should he be struck again."

----------------------------------

And Hazlewood will play IPL.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:45 pm

Starc to push through pain barrier for Test return

'The left-armer's left middle finger was in a splint for six weeks after he injured it in a freak fielding mishap during the Boxing Day Test.

There is still considerable scar tissue and swelling in the finger that is crucial to his release of the ball. Starc had to let the ball go off his ring and index fingers while he trained during his layoff before resuming his more normal bowling action in recent weeks.

"There's going to be a level of discomfort for a little while, I don't think it is going to be 100 per cent for a little while, but the ball is coming out quite nicely and I feel like I'm pretty much at full tilt.

"It wouldn't be the first Test match I've played in some sort of discomfort. If I only played when I was at 100 per cent, I would have only played five or 10 Tests.

"I'm happy with where it's at and I've built up enough of a pain threshold to deal with that stuff over the last 10 or 12 years."

Starc underlined his toughness when he kept bowling with the badly-damaged finger at the MCG in December against South Africa, doing so after refusing to get a pain-killing injection because he wanted to retain feeling in it.

To his and captain Cummins' surprise, the 33-year-old swung the ball despite the discomfort but found the wobble-seam delivery he has learnt off Cummins and Josh Hazlewood more difficult to bowl.'

(cricket.com.au)
K 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:56 pm

Ashes still far away, but...

Stokes has a knee problem. Bowled only two overs. Limped while batting. (Atrocious shot to get out to Wagner's "short" ball. Almost FTB Smith-like. Same goes for Rooty's shot.)

If it's chronic, could be good news for Oz. Wink

'Stokes's knee remains a concern and he was in obvious discomfort despite facing 116 balls in his knock of 33 on Tuesday.

He said he had no plans to withdraw from the Indian Premier League to recuperate before the Ashes in the home summer.

"I'm not going to lie. It is very frustrating knowing that I've got something holding me back in terms of my body," he said.

"It's been around for a while ... but we're doing everything we possibly can to allow me to fulfil that fourth-seamer role, like I was able to do two or three years ago.

"Hopefully, come the Ashes, I don't have to worry about it."'

(Reuters)
K 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:12 pm

"Pat Cummins appears likely to miss the fourth Test in Ahmedabad"...

And for the ODIs, Mitch Marsh will bat only.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:44 pm

Jhye Richardson reinjured his hamstring and will miss. Ellis is his replacement.

"Richardson missed the second half of the BBL season after injuring his left hamstring while playing for the Perth Scorchers on January 4.

His return for club side Fremantle last Saturday lasted just four overs before he tweaked the same hamstring."

(AAP)
K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:31 pm

Ashton Turner's shoulder:

'Having conceded that bowling and throwing were behind him when he walked into a hospital in Sydney in 2019 for his fourth shoulder reconstruction, Turner was hoping just to get the joint to a place that would enable him to continue to play the game he loved and contribute as a batter.

The Latarjet procedure – common among footballers and rugby players to increase shoulder stability but rare for cricketers due to the range of shoulder motion required to play the sport – involved relocating bone to try and stop it from dislocating.

"After having three unsuccessful operations, this was the last roll of the dice," says Turner.

"Essentially, for my right shoulder dislocate, I need to snap bone. And that sounds good and it's a really good operation for some elite athletes, but for cricketers that hadn't been tried before and the risk is that you reduce your range of motion.

"But the upside was going to be that I'll be able to play cricket and my shoulder wouldn't keep dislocating. That was the risk that I took, it felt like at that time I didn't really have another option."

Turner feels it's a bonus now that he's been able to bowl more overs this summer than what he has since 2016-17, which included a haul of 4-41 in the second XI match prior to his recall to WA's 13-player Shield squad last Tuesday.

"I certainly never expected to be able to contribute as much with the ball or in the field as I'm able to at the moment," says Turner.'

(cricket.com.au)
K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Will Sutherland has a lower-back stress fracture and will miss his season with Essex.

Sutherland 'felt pain throughout the match and didn't bowl in the second innings...

Remarkably, Sutherland was Victoria's stand-out performer of the decider, taking 5-75 in the first innings and making a counter-attacking 83 from 84 balls in the second innings despite dropping down the order due to the back pain.'

The best batsman in the world, Kane Williamson, was carried off after injuring his knee fielding for IPL champions Gujarat Titans.

'After being held up by two colleagues, who helped him back to the dressing room, he played no further part in the match, with the Titans having to bring on a substitute Sai Sudharsan under the new Impact Player rule.

Williamson had only recently got back to full fitness from a nagging elbow injury which has caused him problems for two years.'

'Jofra Archer is unlikely to play any red-ball matches before the home Ashes series against Australia, Sussex head coach Paul Farbrace says.

"All things being equal, he will go straight into the Ashes off the back of the IPL," Farbrace told reporters...

"Their plan is that between IPL games he will then bowl some longer spells to get his overs up and make sure he is match-ready.

"I know there will be a lot of people saying he should play at least two four-day games to be ready for a Test match, but the preparation and the work the medical teams do around these players is exceptional."'

(cricket.com.au)
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:04 am

Dave Warner played IPL, yesterday. Scored 56.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:41 pm

K wrote:
Ashes still far away, but...

Stokes has a knee problem.

If it's chronic, could be good news for Oz. Wink

Good; a nice complimentary match for his drinking problem...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: