Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury Tracker 2023

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:03 pm
Post subject: Injury Tracker 2023Reply with quote

Ok here we go with the tracker thread for 2023.

We ended the 2022 season with the following players out of action;

Tom Wilson (Back)
Harvey Harrison (Hamstring)
Reef McInnes (Shoulder)
Charlie Dean (Foot)
Brodie Grundy (Ankle)
Taylor Adams (Groin)

Tom Wilson (Back). There was talk of him playing in the VFL again had the team progressed further in September. He has returned as far as I'm aware.

Harvey Harrison (Hamstring). He missed the final 5 weeks of the VFL season, but returned back to full training not long before the season came to an end.

Reef McInnes (Shoulder). Returned to contact training late in the season and will be able to have an uninterrupted pre-season. He's one to keep an eye on for a big season.

Charlie Dean (Foot). Was able to run and do minor training drills late in the season. Will have a slightly interrupted pre-season. But will be a-ok by the new year.

Taylor Adams (Groin). This one is troubling. There have been recent reports of a delayed recovery. Adams will have an highly interrupted pre-season. He should be fit to play by the time round 1 rolls around, but he'll have some work to do to catch up to the fitness levels of the rest of the playing group.

Grundy was obviously traded, but for interest sake is able to join in full training once the Demons return.

Concerns that have come during the current off-season:

Brayden Maynard (Shoulder). Underwent reconstruction and will begin pre-season training in December on a modified program. Was substituted out of the win over Essendon in round 19 if you remember.

Pat Lipinski (Shoulder). Same as Maynard and has undergone reco.

Both Maynard and Lipinski are expected to transition into full training in the new year and are not in any doubt to play in round one. Recovery time is around three months for both.

Jordan De Goey (Shoulder). This is not a new issue, but channel 7 tonight making it sound disastrous. His AC joint needed surgery, which was planned. He will return to training in January. Can he not travel with this injury/surgery/recovery? Cool

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Season is over!
Quincy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:15 pm

Jordy and Darcy did not front at training today. We know that Jordy has a shoulder but we are not sure what ails Moore.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:42 pm

Beau McCreery is a little bit behind after minor hip surgery.
Moore’s absence in the first week was from an illness. No big deal.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:44 am

I wouldn't expect to see Adams until round 8 at the earliest. Even then, I'm not confident his body will be able to endure much more football.
He's 30 this year and has had this issue more than once and once injured, the adductor are more vulnerable to future injuries.

https://sportnetdoc.com/2011/06/21/rupture-of-the-adductor-muscle-of-the-thigh/

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:16 pm

Watt Price Tully: Mancold, PCR -ve. 1 week.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:29 pm

Round 8 Adams depends on the next month and seeing how the extra treatment goes.

I would say earlier then round 8 but i feel like miss the first 2 or 3 rounds and back 100 per cent round 3 or 4

I feel he will be back to training say only 2 weeks from round 1 and just wont come up in time and just needs an extra 2 weeks of training first.

I think its time for the players to go on xmas break now and see you in mid Jan.
Quincy 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:42 pm

Looks like Moore is STILL missing from training.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:51 pm

Just saw on Twitter that Darcy is sick with a bone infection osteomyelitis. It was detected early by medical staff, so no long term consequences are expected. He is expected to be off training until after the holiday break.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:52 pm

From Collingwood website:

Collingwood advises key defender Darcy Moore was recently admitted to hospital with a bone infection (osteomyelitis).

The 26-year-old is now recovering at home and is not expected to be back at training until after the holiday break.

General Manager of Football Graham Wright said Darcy’s health remains paramount. “Our main priority is Darcy’s health and we will continue to support him as he recovers at home from the infection,” Wright said.

“We are grateful that this was picked up early by medical staff and as such, we are not expecting any long-term issues.”

The Club will provide an update in due course.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:07 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
From Collingwood website:

Collingwood advises key defender Darcy Moore was recently admitted to hospital with a bone infection (osteomyelitis).

The 26-year-old is now recovering at home and is not expected to be back at training until after the holiday break.

General Manager of Football Graham Wright said Darcy’s health remains paramount. “Our main priority is Darcy’s health and we will continue to support him as he recovers at home from the infection,” Wright said.

“We are grateful that this was picked up early by medical staff and as such, we are not expecting any long-term issues.”

The Club will provide an update in due course.

I don't want to be Dr.Google, but the Mayo Clinic is far from quackery.

Mayo Clinic
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/osteomyelitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20375913

Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteomyelitis

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:27 pm

well well well.

If there is bone death, then that could be a problem.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:55 pm
Post subject: Darcy Moore osteomyelitisReply with quote

I had this when I was a kid. I woke up one morning paralysed in both legs. Major surgery, lengthy rehab at the Royal Children’s Hospital, and I couldn’t walk for months. Missed almost half a year of school. This was in the 70s and it’s different for a little kid. but to hear a fit adult getting it today is a shock. It’s a very serous illness and I wish Darcy a speedy recovery.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:14 pm

Osteomyelitis can be very dangerous, poor bugger. I’m sure Moore is getting the best of treatment and is in very good hands. Let’s hope he has a speedy recovery.

Lucky he didn’t have mancold 😉

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:56 pm

^^^
Let’s put this in perspective. The key to this illness is detecting it early and that’s what the club has done.
They will treat it with antibiotics and if it’s successful ( very likely ) that means no invasive surgery will be required. At least we some coverage for these key positions in 2023.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 1 of 51   

Jump to: