Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury Tracker 2023

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Good for him for putting his hand up, could have played it off, but the ultimate team man, Presti like dare I say

I don't think he could have. Wade was going to push him to breaking point before being declared right to play. If Tay's hammy wasn't 100%, it would have been pushed to re-injuring - which is what it appears has happened.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:05 pm

Oppo watch:

Jack Payne...

Fagan:

"It came really to match fitness.

"Jack Payne leading into this game would have played one game in five weeks, and his first full training session was yesterday.

"He did really well, but at the end of the day it's going to be hot out there tomorrow, bodies are going to be crashing in pretty hard, we just thought that it was a wiser decision to go with the guy who is a little bit more match hardened."

Forecast top of 29 degrees --- third-hottest grand final day in Melbourne since World War II and fourth overall.

(31.3 degrees in 2015, 30.7 degrees in 1987.)

Fagan: “It sits around 24 to 30 most days of the year. But in terms of adapting to conditions, I think it’s favourable to us that we can train in that sort of weather more often than not.”
K 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:32 pm

piedys wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:
Read somewhere that Mikayla had told Jack she was OK for him to play if there was clash with the arrival of the baby.

Just bring her into the rooms saturday to have the baby FFS; it's going to be utter chaos and noise in there anyways, so nobody will even notice... Razz

Need a big game from Crisp. (BTW Lloyd's tip for Norm Smith.) Can do without the distractions. (Doomsday scenario: long, complicated labour starting 2am GF day.)

Steele was on Talking Finals this week. Daughter turned 3 last week. Which reminds us that 3 years ago he was the unprofessional one! (Steele was asked about the JdG-stuck-on-bench blooper. Always want your best players on the ground, he said. Asked if he reckons Nick Daicos will start on the ground in the GF. Same answer!)

Howe was on Footy Classified. Talked bout his broken arm, of course.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:28 pm

GF injuries:

Nathan Murphy (concussion)
Jeremy Howe (broken ribs)

Murphy:

I passed the test, but I ruled myself out. I had a bit of blurry vision, and with my concussions, I kind of get them delayed. I know the concussion test off by heart now ... I’ve done that a couple of times now, where I’ve passed it, then we’ve ruled me out.

“I’m totally fine now, actually pretty good. I can’t remember too much of the game, but I’m remembering a lot of this [post-match celebration], so that’s all that matters.”

(The Age)
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:18 pm

Did Howe have broken rips????
K 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:22 pm

Media claim 3 broken ribs.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:44 pm

K wrote:

He can take pride of place with Dermie.
What a legend.
Played on with broken ribs just like Dermott.
Did not think he would return after his broken arm
Now he is an official Collingwood legend
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:47 pm

K wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the MRP have a look at Charlie Cameron for that late charge on Howe, particularly if it broke three of his ribs.

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:34 am

Gerry Cooper wrote:
K wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the MRP have a look at Charlie Cameron for that late charge on Howe, particularly if it broke three of his ribs.

If it did, then he should get at least four weeks. That is a five-six week injury and it was totally discretionary. The head is not the only thing that matters.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:00 am

Rough conduct charge coming Charlie’s Way. Cox might get a fine for a bum on Gardner. Beau should get a snack for not shaking the hand with the Auskick kid, what was he thinking.

Great stuff from Howe, love it! Wade has done such a great job with this team. I’m sure there are more injury stories out there that we don’t know about.

Go PIES 2023!!!

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:01 pm

The Black and White Lion wrote:
Rough conduct charge coming Charlie’s Way. Cox might get a fine for a bum on Gardner. Beau should get a snack for not shaking the hand with the Auskick kid, what was he thinking.

Great stuff from Howe, love it! Wade has done such a great job with this team. I’m sure there are more injury stories out there that we don’t know about.

Go PIES 2023!!!

I suspect Jamie has been carrying some injury since that heavy knock he received a few games ago (was it against Melbourne or Essendon?), he has been noticeably down on form since then.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:55 pm

I doubt it. Jamie was subbed off at half-time against Essendon. But Finlay said McFly told him (before) he was playing the 2nd half. So the Pies were always gonna sub someone off at HT.

So before the GF Jamie had played only 2 1/2 games in (over) 5 weeks. Plenty of recovery time, right?
K 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:15 pm

K wrote:
GF injuries:

Nathan Murphy (concussion)
Jeremy Howe (broken ribs)

Tom Mitchell played hurt (back).

Mitchell:

"I did it actually in the warm-up before the preliminary final.

"I was touch-and-go to take the field in the last minute there, just before that game.

I pulled up a bit ginger the next morning and had an injection straight after that.

"That's part of footy. Everyone's carrying little injuries and you've just got to find a way to push through it."

"As you get a little older, you learn to know what you can and can't play with.

"This is one of those things I thought I could manage and play with."

(AAP)
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:53 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
The Black and White Lion wrote:

Go PIES 2023!!!

I suspect Jamie has been carrying some injury since that heavy knock he received a few games ago (was it against Melbourne or Essendon?), he has been noticeably down on form since then.

Yeah he’s copped a few hits this year in marking contests and tackles. Amazed he keeps getting up with that back of his. So glad he made it and played a part

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:03 am

Tom Mitchell reveals he was troubled by a back problem in the final stages of Collingwood's premiership surge

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1047783/collingwoods-tom-mitchell-reveals-extent-of-pre-grand-final-injury-against-brisbane

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 50 of 51   

Jump to: