Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Adams trade to Sydney ~ all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:36 pm
Post subject: Adams trade to Sydney ~ all commentsReply with quote

Sam Reid for a year to give a boost up forward.
MAY-Z 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor Adams being looked at by Sydney

If we could get Billings in to replace him that would be ok by, as much as i love adams Billings is much more suited to the high half forward role that Tay has been squeezed into recently
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:51 am

Adams / Sydney rumours have been around since early this week. Let's see what eventuates. I am not sure he would go, but should he decide to leave, it will open up a spot for Macrae to take over.

Could we offer Adams and our first pick for Errol Gulden?
MAY-Z 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:58 am

we could offer it, but we wouldn't get a response. gulden is one of the premier mids in the competition.

Adams probably isn't worth that much at 30/31 with his injury history. can Fin replace his goal assist? maybe not which is why i like Billings if we can do it
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:15 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Collingwood vice-captain Taylor Adams is exploring interest from Sydney ahead of this year’s Trade Period.

Source :
https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-vice-captain-taylor-adams-considers-shock-move-after-premiership-heartbreak-c-12121050

Surprise emoji. Sad he missed the GF. Can understand the club wanting to move him on. Reckon he could have missed the GF team like Noble. I’m not against him moving on as it opens up space for others to move into the seniors. Has become a goal kicker in many games over the last 2 years despite wayward field kicking. Would be a loss around the club if this move eventuates

Magpie Russ Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:25 pm

mattdally wrote:
Adams / Sydney rumours have been around since early this week. Let's see what eventuates. I am not sure he would go, but should he decide to leave, it will open up a spot for Macrae to take over.

Only if we accept Issac Heeney and their first pick (11) for Nick Daicos.

Errol Gulden is their best player. Finishing equal fourth in the Brownlow on 27 votes (behind Neale 31 votes, Bontempelli 29, Daicos 28, Butters 27),
piffdog 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:29 pm

mattdally wrote:

BOOM - yep. Here it is. He might not go, but would help in providing some of the list movement we probably need. As others have said - the obvious route for Finn to get game time

A little worried about the team fabric if he left - seems heart and soul, BUT unlike when Treloar left (which I think we would agree had a detrimental impact on the dressing room) you feel that the group are a little more stable/connected now and could potentially accept a move like this - especially if the club are suggesting Adams lseriously look into it.

As warm and fuzzy as we all feel, basking on the afterglow of the flag, Wright and co have to keep driving this club forward. I would argue we dont NEED both Adams and Mitchell. With Adams having just one year remaining, would he consider going to secure a couple more years if Wrighty has said "we cant make any promises about 2025 Tay". That might sound harsh - but thinking about it, we probably need to have moved past Adams by 2025 if we are going to keep driving ahead and contending.

As a side note - I wonder if he knew a little more about this last week and that made him a little bit more emotional after the win??

Last edited by piffdog on Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:29 pm

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
I'd love to get Duursma, I was good mates with his uncle at school. Always kept an eye on Xavier as his career progressed.

Port might be open it but they would be looking for talls in a trade I think. We don't want to sacrifice the best tasks we have and I feel we need some quality up forward if we are to repeat.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:41 pm

MAY-Z wrote:
mattdally wrote:

we could offer it, but we wouldn't get a response. gulden is one of the premier mids in the competition.

Adams probably isn't worth that much at 30/31 with his injury history. can Fin replace his goal assist? maybe not which is why i like Billings if we can do it

Heard the news today, I'm not impressed. Hope Adams realises we are in the premiership window and stay put.

Trade Talk LIVE: Swans chase Pie
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1048826/trade-talk-live-fri-oct-6

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:42 pm

If one wants to examine this seriously

Swans lose Picks 21 and 31 for Adams and Pick 36

Pies lose Adams and Pick 36 for Picks 21 and 31

Pies on-trade Picks 21 & 31 (1484 pts) to Gold Coast for their 2024 first rounder and Brayden Florini....

piffdog 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:44 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:

Heard the news today, I'm not impressed. Hope Adams realises we are in the premiership window and stay put.

Trade Talk LIVE: Swans chase Pie
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1048826/trade-talk-live-fri-oct-6

What if the club have said "we cant guarantee you a spot in 2025", and the Swans give him a 3 yr deal? Would you begrudge him that?

I have an inkling this may not be Adams wanting out, but rather the the Club potentially being ruthless...

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:50 pm
Post subject: Trading our own - 2023 list movements (Adams rumour)Reply with quote

The Adams discussions can spill over here until anything definitive evolves.

Was the outpouring of Adams emotion on GF post-match celebrations coupled with the knowledge that he'd played his last game for the CFC?

Is this an example of G.Wright doing what he does best? Making the tough list decisions.
What might we expect for a 30-year-old player with 1 year left on his contract?

NB Collingwood traded for Tom Mitchell from Hawthorn in a three-way deal with Geelong Cats. In exchange for Mitchell, Collingwood gave Hawthorn picks 41 and 50 in the 2022 National Draft and received pick 25 in the same draft. Ollie Henry, who was part of the deal, departed from Collingwood to Geelong Cats - so lets be realistic in our assumptions

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:52 pm

Being under contract combined with being pursued makes his value higher to us. The Swans currently have picks:

* Pick 11
* Pick 23
* Pick 31
* Pick 42
* Picks 50

Plus shall receive a sub 30 pick for Dylan Stephens (North Melbourne). Swans would offer Pick 31 but we should demand Pick 23. A top player could be found here. Given his leg injuries and age, it may be shrewd selecting given our list demographic.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:57 pm

Clubs approach players all the time. Swans need an inside mid and see Adams as an option, why wouldn't they? If the right offer is on the table and Adams agrees to go then he goes. We have Fin McRae who we want to keep and Nick Daicos will go into the midfield more so someone has to get squeezed out.
MAY-Z 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:00 pm

Pulling the idea from Warburton Lad from the Rumours thread

if say we get 21 and 31 and lose 36

that leaves us with 18, 21, 31

gold coast want to get rid of pick 4 this year for points, i wonder how close we could get with the above haul and maybe some more posturing?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14   

Jump to: