Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Club Website Branding

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
interested observer 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
If you're not LGTBQI+, how does showing the rainbow adversely impact you in any way?

I'm happy to show support for those that appreciate that support.

If that is back to me - no i am not LGBQ++++ but I personally have no issue with and nothing against anyone who either is or chooses to be. We are what we are - fellow humans and they can live their lives however they want.

What I don't want to see is the club as a corporate organisation and my Football team get caught up in pandering to minorities and adopting a woke culture that can only be to its detriment down the track.

If its a short term thing as a show of support for pride week or whatever i can live with it, but if its an ongoing or permanent thing I think it should be removed.

Main reason - it looks bloody terrible and our colours are BLACK and WHITE!!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:33 pm

I'm happy for our club to publicly support diversity.

I'm not happy that it took months for our team's list profile to be updated on the club website, yet it still is not complete. Not good enough Collingwood.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:13 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

I'm not happy that it took months for our team's list profile to be updated on the club website, yet it still is not complete. Not good enough Collingwood.

Yep, it's really hard to fathom that for a club that makes a sizable profit, they apparently can't afford to keep their team details up to date. Rolling Eyes It's been many weeks now since the draft and there is zilch information about the draftees on the team page, not even a photo!!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:16 pm

I find it hard enough to keep my own life going where I'd like it to go without worrying about how others live theirs. I don't give a shit if our whole team co-ordinates their boots with all the colours of the rainbow as long as they win the damn flag or at least give us another season of delight. I'll take beating Essendon and Carlton each time we play them as the bare minimum.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:54 am

Cam wrote:
I find it hard enough to keep my own life going where I'd like it to go without worrying about how others live theirs. I don't give a shit if our whole team co-ordinates their boots with all the colours of the rainbow as long as they win the damn flag or at least give us another season of delight. I'll take beating Essendon and Carlton each time we play them as the bare minimum.

Tend to agree Cam. I would much rather minor distractions and less important issues take a back seat or less relevance and have the footy club focus 100% on winning the flag. If lessening issues adds up to increased total intensity on the flag outcome, please let us support this happening. I cannot stress enough on the need for the club to be unyieldingly working towards the one result this season. I’m sure the club would be doing this behind the scenes anyway but to have it confirmed in the way they play over the first 6 weeks will be sensational and kinda comforting to us. No more losing to lesser teams and frustrating everyone. Probably an unfair ask given that results are not always totally predictable but hey nothing wrong with aiming for it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: