Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies trump Tigers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good teams win ugly. We're a good team. We had them all game.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:40 am

schuey07 wrote:

Exactly.

I had a feeling we’d be a bit “off” in the forward line. Sidey was huge. This was a six goal win.
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:01 am

Jezza wrote:
Fly's presser

[/i]

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1296117/we-re-just-trying-to-perform-every-week-mcrae?videoId=1296117&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1680264822001[/quote]

Thanks Jezza. Saw it last night and thought I'd wait til you posted so I could make sense of some of the answers as I couldn't hear the questions.

What is it, 200+ games a year? So 400+ pressers? And we still can't have a single press microphone moved around so we can hear the questions. Same goes for midweek interviews.
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:01 am

DP
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:29 am

I watched the game (like we all did) and I would like to give a big shout out for the 2 IC of our back line IMO
I talk of Murphy who endured injury to finally get things right

Love him for his toughness,his smarts and fearless attack on the ball or the unfortunate opponent who has it —he is as tough as McCreery

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:46 am

I got the Trifecta yesterday.

Mets Opening Day ✅
Panthers Round 5 ✅
Collingwood Round 3 ✅

I hate McStay, wish we still had Grundy.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:56 am

^^^

Agree Baz. Thought the entire back six were outstanding. The tigers still put up a dangerous forward line but our back six still managed to win most of the one on one contests ( slippery conditions help ) Quaynors game would have given him confidence, while Murphy and Frampton were very strong in most one out contests against their opponents. They should both be feeling pretty good about themselves. It’s a great sign for the season because Moore and Maynard don’t generally play bad games and Noble has taken his game to a new level also.
I’m not sure we’re missing Howe as much as most would have thought, mainly because the defence is so system driven. Happy to have him back of course but I thought last night proved he can be replaced ( which will be sooner than later anyway )
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:01 pm

I was wondering what might have happened after the fiery rundown by Maynard.
https://www.afl.com.au/video/893116/tempers-flare-in-final-stages-after-fiery-run-down?videoId=893116&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1680262290001&references=AFL_MATCH:4804

Looks like Nick Daicos started it. He might have reacted to something he heard?

Pendles and Frampton came to the rescue when Lynch started to push us around.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:19 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Yes, we won, but that was one of the most frustrating games I have ever witnessed. We were terrible against a B-grade Tiger outfit. The first half butchering especially in front of goal was atrocious and to let the game peter out without putting them away was feeble.

Not at all satisfied with that. Need to do a lot better if we are to get over the Lions up there next week.

I'll assume you are saying Richmond were "B" grade because they had 4 players out, although I will be willingly corrected if this is not the case, so assuming it is, then I'll mention our 4 outs,Cox ,Howe, Kreuger and Lipinski and suggest that it was perhaps 2 "B" graders playing and we flogged them regardless. We should, quiet easily have been 8 goals up at 1/2 time and the umpiring in the final qtr was nothing short of disgraceful and we lost our only ruckman before 3/4 time and they couldn't even take advantage of that.Poor kicking was our only fault last night.The flow and energy was there and poor old Richmond just don't have the depth or talent to cover players that are injured, like we can.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:58 pm

There were so many great individual performances/moments last night, despite it being a slog in the conditions.

Especially happy to see JDG BOG. Smile after all the sh*te he has copped from all quarters about his character, including Magpie supporters. Rolling Eyes

One thing I was delighted to see was the way Ash Johnson went about it. In previous games, he has been basically a lead/mark player, but he was in everything last night - kicking that lovely long range goal, chasing, harassing, leaping to great heights in the ruck.
In his interview on the CFC website, he is even cheekily (with a big smile on his face) taking credit for a goal assist by handballing to Pendles for that incredible, inspiring goal. Here's hoping we'll see much more of this.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:10 pm

Very apt words from Gerard Healy reckon.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/03/31/collingwood-stay-undefeated-in-messy-clash-at-the-mcg/

Bravo to our "second-tier" players, as well as our A graders. Smile
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:26 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

Exactly.

I had a feeling we’d be a bit “off” in the forward line. Sidey was huge. This was a six goal win.

Sidey was everywhere last night. He has been a great player for us and some under rate him massively. I look forward to him becoming a 300 plus game player for us and in time recognised legend of the club. I also wouldn't mind him and Pendles being triple premiership players as well. I can dream on the last part.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:26 pm

DP
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:52 pm

Our depth is the backbone of our start to the season.
Although Richmond had Martin, Broad and Hopper out, we also have long term injuries to Howe, Lipinski, Krueger and Cox whilst Cameron was subbed out and will be unavailable for longer than Max Gawn.
The flexibility created by the recruiters has given Fly plenty of options even when injuries threaten to derail the season. Reef could easily come in to the forward line allowing the possibility of McStay playing in the ruck without affecting team balance. With teams that don’t have two big KPF, Frampton could also be swung into the ruck to change things up. This is depth and flexibility of which we haven’t been accustomed to for over a decade.
Plenty to like this season.

Go Pies!!!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:35 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
There were so many great individual performances/moments last night, despite it being a slog in the conditions.

Especially happy to see JDG BOG. Smile after all the sh*te he has copped from all quarters about his character, including Magpie supporters. Rolling Eyes

One thing I was delighted to see was the way Ash Johnson went about it. In previous games, he has been basically a lead/mark player, but he was in everything last night - kicking that lovely long range goal, chasing, harassing, leaping to great heights in the ruck.
In his interview on the CFC website, he is even cheekily (with a big smile on his face) taking credit for a goal assist by handballing to Pendles for that incredible, inspiring goal. Here's hoping we'll see much more of this.

I was one who was critical of Ash in the VFL, as my view was he was barely in second gear, but I also thought playing in the Ruck would bring out the best in him as it gets him involved in the game. Very happy to see him play well. He has all the talent in the world, just needs to be able to have consistent application.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: