Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Saints. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

warburton lad wrote:
Caminetti strikes Murphy with an elbow or forearm to the chin well off the play.

Murphy concussed- Caminetti should get 4 weeks- minimum.

Agree. Disgusting act.
The so called 'young prodigy' Caminiti didn't do so well tonight, so decides to take out the guy who for the first time shut him out of the game. And did so while off the ball.

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:38 pm

I was there. Go Woods!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:51 pm

Gutsy win. Proud of the boys even if we let our convincing lead slip in the latter stages.

Frampton was outstanding in the ruck. Did everything you could reasonably expect in the ruck. Until Cox and/or Cameron return, he's got that position nailed down in the short term.

Ginnivan looked rusty in the first half, but slowly worked his way into the game and got a goal in the final quarter which took a huge weight off his shoulders. Excellent performances from both Mihocek and Hill who keep leading the way up front.

The Daicos boys just keep producing the goods consistently. We can't take for granted how lucky we are to have both of them on our team.

Dog act by Caminiti on Murphy. Hope he gets weeks for that from the MRO.

4-1 is a good position to be in. It doesn't get any easier in the coming weeks, but we've banked some early wins which will help us down the track.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:57 pm

warburton lad wrote:
Caminetti strikes Murphy with an elbow or forearm to the chin well off the play.

Murphy concussed- Caminetti should get 4 weeks- minimum.

Straight to tribunal you’d imagine. Off the ball is supposed to automatically be deliberate, high impact and high contact.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:04 pm

I wonder whether Johnston is more suited to the backline than the forward line.
Could become a great intercept mark re Howe.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:07 pm

Mihocek likes this!!! Wink
uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:17 pm

a very gutsy win and a privilege to be there to see
it.
starting without Goey,who along with Crisp is their best running line breaker,
and a recognised ruckman with McStay going down early they still
find a way to cause saints first loss.
Frampton has been big in their last 2 wins.
My home town friend was so good ģetting that arm up to take the ball then get it to Elliott for a goal was a high highlight.
Any thought that he and bobby hill can't play in the same team is nonsense
with bobby providing crucial run and link up off half back late to go with his 3 goals. please swap him with tay for my gb votes please.
Darcy Moore brilliant at controlling the air at half back Ably supported by the others.
wtf with cheap shot on Murphy?
They will be up to it next week.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:53 pm

The siren should have gone before that last ball up. Imagine if anything happened at that last throw up.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:10 am

Interesting presser from Fly.
He made sure to emphasize the loss of personnel, yet we still found a way to win.
Emphasized the magnitude of this victory under these circumstances.
In my opinion, I felt he could have made more of this, but clearly he decided to just assert it in a modest but firm manner.
Refused to be drawn into speculations about how we cover the loss of Murphy next week.
Said he had promised the team that the entire team would just celebrate the victory and nothing else.
Seemed angry about the concussion on Murphy, but did not buy into journalists' attempts to get him to comment on it.
Overall, this was a somewhat diminished presser from Fly.
I felt that he seemed somewhat overcome by the extent of the misfortune that has befallen us.
He did not seem to celebrate this victory in his normal manner

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:11 am

Anzac day you’d think Kruger had to come in doesn’t he?
Is Kelly fit? Not sure how to cover Murphy but Frampton has to play in the ruck.
Out: Murph, McStay, Wilson (sub)
In: JDG, Krueger. Kelly (sub to cover backs?)

Something drastic like checkers going back?

If Krueger doesn’t get through this one put a fork in him.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:24 am

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
lihei wrote:
Murphy gets knocked out and they put on 3 goals. The spirit of O'Dea lives on.

Beat me to it....you can take the St Kilda out of a thug, but you can't take the thug out of St Kilda

Is that famous thug Jimmy O’Dea, who finished John Greening’s career, still at st Kilda coaching thuggery against Collingwood? What a despicable vomit inducing mongrel club 😡

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:34 am

masoncox wrote:
I wonder whether Johnston is more suited to the backline than the forward line.
Could become a great intercept mark re Howe.

No no no!! We can’t take all our forwards and turn them into defenders 🙄 Need to kick goals to win matches 🧐

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:48 am

The coach said in his presser "We're very grateful to have him in our team". Who was he talking about? Checkers!!!! Such a lion hearted player, who works so hard and uses his body like a battering ram.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:00 am

Fly's presser

You faced some enormous challenges in the buildup, but you must be pleased to have found a way to win tonight?
Quote:
"Yeah, I asked the players at the end of the game 'what do you make of that'? I just wanted to hear what they were thinking before I shared any of my thoughts and they thought the same. The ability to win in a; it was like a boa constrictor type game. It was really hard to find any space on the ground and in the way the game was defended. To find a way to win and with a few different things not going our way was really pleasing".

The scoring opened up in the last three minutes, you probably didn't see that coming. What do you guys make of that?
Quote:
"It was little moments, aren't they? Like one team has to score three goals in 90 seconds, so they potentially change the way they approach things. Also, we were in a position where we shouldn't allow that to happen so we'll get to work on that. We're not perfect".

How tough was the 'boa constrictor'? It was a challenge all day. What was your message at 3QT when you were dominating inside 50s but it wasn't translating on the scoreboard?
Quote:
"It's really difficult to score when all the numbers are back. We dominated territory. I think 70 odd percent of that quarter. We felt like we were just going; you know, coming out, going back in straight [away]. We thought we got no keys at the moment. We lost a couple of players in that regard, so then it made it hard to get an aerial contest, but we thought the game was played in that terms and that way but it is hard to score. We just have to make it impossible for them; and they didn't score. Then in the last quarter, we got to work a little bit early and found ways to manufacture goals".

Was it a deliberate strategy to control the ball more rather than go on an all out attack?
Quote:
"I just felt that on this ground that if you don't manage the way you control the ball, it's hard to maintain territory. It's a long ground. I thought the game was going up and back like a ping pong game at times and no one could score. We just had moments where wanted to just control that a little bit more. Be a bit calmer outside 50, but then obviously with the way that our team is, the magnets are thrown around everywhere to find ways to score. They're a good team. They defend the ground hard. They're gonna be hard to play against and we found a way to win".

Darcy Moore's game was excellent today with bringing the ball to ground and controlling it from half back must have been very pleasing?
Quote:
"Yeah, really pleased. We had to move Bill [Frampton] into the ruck. We felt this week that it was an opportunity for us to play a bit smaller down back, but Darcy was enormous. Everything went near his area. He marked or influenced and we wish we had a couple of them".

What's the situation with McStay's injury and how long will he miss?
Quote:
"It looks like he's done a tendon in the finger. We'll get that scanned and assessed by an expert. Then we'll find out what that looks like. It could be operational. Most of them tend to be, but we might get lucky".

Is Nathan Murphy okay?
Quote:
"Murph got concussed, so he'll be out next week. The doctors have ruled that already".

Have you seen the incident with Murphy?
Quote:
"I haven't seen the incident, but he's obviously been concussed somehow. We'll get to work on what that looks like and it's not up to us to decide that, but he'll be out next week".

Is it fair to say that there was an exchange of words between Murphy and Caminiti?
Quote:
"I'm not sure. I was on the bench when he came off, and I'm not sure what was said but whether Murph was concussed and [he was] not sure what he's saying I've got no idea. Reality is he [came] off and he said something, but again I don't know the detail of that, but he obviously was upset about something".

Just mindful of the situation Murphy was in, is it possible he was saying something to Caminiti because of the effects of the concussion he had?
Quote:
"Well, he's been ruled out as being concussed so yeah potentially. Again, I don't know what happened. I'm sure I'll get to look at it after this. Dean will be showing me footage of what it looks like. I can't comment on what I didn't see. What I can say he's been ruled out for concussion, and he won't play on Anzac Day".

Murphy's had challenges around concussion before so it's something you'll be closely monitoring with him now being ruled out for next week's game. Does he feel okay?
Quote:
"Yeah, he's up and about now. The doctors made a ruling according to the rules that are in front of us".

With your lack of talls, how much of a shift have you had to make with your structures and positioning?
Quote:
"I said I'm really proud of the guys because all of a sudden we've got 3 or 4 guys out of position. We've got Will Hoskin-Elliott playing as a key at times. We got Jamie Elliott playing as a key at times, and then we got Checkers fighting like he always does for us, which we're really so grateful to have him in our team. It comes at a cost, there's always a moving part. The nature of AFL footy, it's round 5, we're not the only one that's got injuries. It's just what happens and to find ways to win in these times is super critical for us. We'll get players back at some stage, but just right now we're losing a couple".

What was the situation with De Goey? He was 100% on Friday and then he's got gastro or something. When did you learn about that and how did it all take place?
Quote:
"Early this morning. I wake up to my phone and Jordy's got gastro and I'm going 'oh god'. Not that you want to get gastro, but let's not give it to Jordy [laughter*]"

Were there other players who also had similar issues in that sense?
Quote:
"No. The coach has been a bit sick this week. I hope I didn't give it to Jordy. I always like to look at the bright side of life. We're gonna have a fit Jordy for Anzac Day, how good is that going to be?"

Is Kreuger any chance for Anzac Day?
Quote:
"Yep. He has to come into consideration. He played today, but I don't know how he went. We didn't get to see any of that. Hopefully he's pulled up well. Without having selection now, he will definitely be considered".

Did you fly Trent Bianco over thinking he was a chance this afternoon?
Quote:
"No, we flew our emergencies back to play VFL today and left one as a carry over, but then when Jordy [De Goey] goes out, you need to have another one because then we look silly if something happens before the game. It's all precautionary. It's a credit to Trent. He's such a great team player. He just manned it up and said he'll come back, 'I'll do what the team needs'. We're very lucky to have him".

How did you find your first experience of coaching against Ross Lyon?
Quote:
"I've got an enormous respect for Ross. I played with Ross. I don't know if you knew that; only a couple of games but we go a long way back. I've got an enormous respect for him. I love the way he's getting the best out of his list and I'm not trying to denigrate the list at all, but they've got a lot of injuries and they're playing right out of their skins in terms of what they're capable of and he's abiding to a game plan. He's a very good coach, and it's good to have him back in the AFL".

St Kilda had numbers back, and he's probably the best defensive coach in the league.
Quote:
"I think the ground really suits him. I think Ross should be calling for Gather Round for 10 years here because it does suit the way they defend. This is not something new, Leigh Matthews used to say it's going to be hard for us to score with numbers back but we got to make it impossible for them [to score] and for major parts we did that. Then with a few personnel that made it even harder we couldn't get an aerial contest at times so credit to them. They're going to be hard to beat".

What did you make of the pre-match commemoration of Nicky Winmar's stance against racism?
Quote:
"Brilliant. I think the more that we can do to support others that have had things done to them in the past so that we can move forward to have closure hopefully and grow. I keep saying our best days are tomorrow. Hopefully, we can allow that for not only Nicky, but Gilbert McAdam. I played with Gilly. I love him. He's a great fella. Hopefully we can put some closure to things like that and we can keep moving and keep educating ourselves to be better".

What did you make of Jack Ginnivan's return to the team?
Quote:
"I thought he was a bit scratchy early, but when we needed him, he did a couple of things that were really important to the game. He's a clever player. He's important to us in the way he can do little things that others can't do. I think he'll be better for it".

Realistically, do you have any other choice other than to play Kreuger with now Murphy going out?
Quote:
"I said to the team we want to have deep wins and then live in the moment, so I'm reluctant to get to match committee for next week; and stay here for as long as we can. That's something I've promised the group".

On Ginnivan, he delivered that goal in the final quarter. Is he the type of player that plays at the same level regardless of what level (AFL/VFL) of football he's at?
Quote:
"Yeah, potentially. I haven't seen him play in the VFL before. In the first couple of weeks, it looked like he needed the run in the first week and second week. His GPS was quite strong in a performance for the group that was difficult. We backed him in and I think he'll get better for the run".

Any updates on Mason Cox?
Quote:
"I haven't heard the latest on that [a new scan]. My understanding was that he was going to get another scan. It was either late this week or next so I'll need to follow that up".

Cox is no chance for Anzac Day?
Quote:
"No chance".

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1310131/press-conference-craig-mcrae?videoId=1310131&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1681645618001

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:00 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
The coach said in his presser "We're very grateful to have him in our team". Who was he talking about? Checkers!!!! Such a lion hearted player, who works so hard and uses his body like a battering ram.

Yes, Checkers Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: