Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Saints. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else concerned about our F50 entries? Long bombs, kicking to outnumbered contests, holding it up when there were short options early, too many kicks to the left pocket... all contrubuted to our I50 efficiency being 31% (Saints were 38%). Scoring shots (kicks) were 17-19 against even though we had 14 more I50s and 2 more marks I50

Most weeks this season we've been around 50% efficiency I50, apart from 39% against Richmond which was also a scrappy game

Also we seemed to have a lot of handball chains that went for 1 too many, although I think we tidied that up in the 4th

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:57 am

Just watched the Murphy incident and noted an umpire run past

Would he have had a full veiw of the incident I wonder—will it go to Match Report???

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:16 am

Anzac day you’d think Kruger had to come in doesn’t he?
Is Kelly fit? Not sure how to cover Murphy but Frampton has to play in the ruck.
Out: Murph, McStay, Wilson (sub)
In: JDG, Krueger. Kelly (sub to cover backs?)

Something drastic like checkers going back?

If Krueger doesn’t get through this one put a fork in him.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:20 am

Jezza wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
The coach said in his presser "We're very grateful to have him in our team". Who was he talking about? Checkers!!!! Such a lion hearted player, who works so hard and uses his body like a battering ram.

Yes, Checkers Smile

Very few people in any endeavour put in as much as the bloke week after week. I grimace everytime he lands, which is god knows how many times a game. That's one of the reasons why I don't want McStay in the ruck; Checkers needs protection from himself or he'll try to do the work of three players.

Just a role model to all.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:21 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Anyone else concerned about our F50 entries? Long bombs, kicking to outnumbered contests, holding it up when there were short options early, too many kicks to the left pocket... all contrubuted to our I50 efficiency being 31% (Saints were 38%). Scoring shots (kicks) were 17-19 against even though we had 14 more I50s and 2 more marks I50

Most weeks this season we've been around 50% efficiency I50, apart from 39% against Richmond which was also a scrappy game

Also we seemed to have a lot of handball chains that went for 1 too many, although I think we tidied that up in the 4th

To be fair, at some point, you need to give the opposition some credit for the above. They were undefeated before us and the highest score against them was 74 points vs Essendon. They’re good at protecting the dangerous spots and winning the ball back inside their own D50. So while we didn’t get a great return on our F50s, we outgunned them in other areas. In simple terms, they might have won a third of the ground but we won the other two thirds ( mainly on the back of relentless pressure for all but the last 5 mins of game ) And let’s not forget, in doing so, we also kept them to their lowest score for the year to date. Sometimes you just need to find different ways to get the job done.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:44 am

Jezza wrote:
Fly's presser

You faced some enormous challenges in the buildup, but you must be pleased to have found a way to win tonight?
Quote:
"Yeah, I asked the players at the end of the game 'what do you make of that'? I just wanted to hear what they were thinking before I shared any of my thoughts and they thought the same. The ability to win in a; it was like a boa constrictor type game. It was really hard to find any space on the ground and in the way the game was defended. To find a way to win and with a few different things not going our way was really pleasing".

The scoring opened up in the last three minutes, you probably didn't see that coming. What do you guys make of that?
Quote:
"It was little moments, aren't they? Like one team has to score three goals in 90 seconds, so they potentially change the way they approach things. Also, we were in a position where we shouldn't allow that to happen so we'll get to work on that. We're not perfect".

How tough was the 'boa constrictor'? It was a challenge all day. What was your message at 3QT when you were dominating inside 50s but it wasn't translating on the scoreboard?
Quote:
"It's really difficult to score when all the numbers are back. We dominated territory. I think 70 odd percent of that quarter. We felt like we were just going; you know, coming out, going back in straight [away]. We thought we got no keys at the moment. We lost a couple of players in that regard, so then it made it hard to get an aerial contest, but we thought the game was played in that terms and that way but it is hard to score. We just have to make it impossible for them; and they didn't score. Then in the last quarter, we got to work a little bit early and found ways to manufacture goals".

Was it a deliberate strategy to control the ball more rather than go on an all out attack?
Quote:
"I just felt that on this ground that if you don't manage the way you control the ball, it's hard to maintain territory. It's a long ground. I thought the game was going up and back like a ping pong game at times and no one could score. We just had moments where wanted to just control that a little bit more. Be a bit calmer outside 50, but then obviously with the way that our team is, the magnets are thrown around everywhere to find ways to score. They're a good team. They defend the ground hard. They're gonna be hard to play against and we found a way to win".

Darcy Moore's game was excellent today with bringing the ball to ground and controlling it from half back must have been very pleasing?
Quote:
"Yeah, really pleased. We had to move Bill [Frampton] into the ruck. We felt this week that it was an opportunity for us to play a bit smaller down back, but Darcy was enormous. Everything went near his area. He marked or influenced and we wish we had a couple of them".

What's the situation with McStay's injury and how long will he miss?
Quote:
"It looks like he's done a tendon in the finger. We'll get that scanned and assessed by an expert. Then we'll find out what that looks like. It could be operational. Most of them tend to be, but we might get lucky".

Is Nathan Murphy okay?
Quote:
"Murph got concussed, so he'll be out next week. The doctors have ruled that already".

Have you seen the incident with Murphy?
Quote:
"I haven't seen the incident, but he's obviously been concussed somehow. We'll get to work on what that looks like and it's not up to us to decide that, but he'll be out next week".

Is it fair to say that there was an exchange of words between Murphy and Caminiti?
Quote:
"I'm not sure. I was on the bench when he came off, and I'm not sure what was said but whether Murph was concussed and [he was] not sure what he's saying I've got no idea. Reality is he [came] off and he said something, but again I don't know the detail of that, but he obviously was upset about something".

Just mindful of the situation Murphy was in, is it possible he was saying something to Caminiti because of the effects of the concussion he had?
Quote:
"Well, he's been ruled out as being concussed so yeah potentially. Again, I don't know what happened. I'm sure I'll get to look at it after this. Dean will be showing me footage of what it looks like. I can't comment on what I didn't see. What I can say he's been ruled out for concussion, and he won't play on Anzac Day".

Murphy's had challenges around concussion before so it's something you'll be closely monitoring with him now being ruled out for next week's game. Does he feel okay?
Quote:
"Yeah, he's up and about now. The doctors made a ruling according to the rules that are in front of us".

With your lack of talls, how much of a shift have you had to make with your structures and positioning?
Quote:
"I said I'm really proud of the guys because all of a sudden we've got 3 or 4 guys out of position. We've got Will Hoskin-Elliott playing as a key at times. We got Jamie Elliott playing as a key at times, and then we got Checkers fighting like he always does for us, which we're really so grateful to have him in our team. It comes at a cost, there's always a moving part. The nature of AFL footy, it's round 5, we're not the only one that's got injuries. It's just what happens and to find ways to win in these times is super critical for us. We'll get players back at some stage, but just right now we're losing a couple".

What was the situation with De Goey? He was 100% on Friday and then he's got gastro or something. When did you learn about that and how did it all take place?
Quote:
"Early this morning. I wake up to my phone and Jordy's got gastro and I'm going 'oh god'. Not that you want to get gastro, but let's not give it to Jordy [laughter*]"

Were there other players who also had similar issues in that sense?
Quote:
"No. The coach has been a bit sick this week. I hope I didn't give it to Jordy. I always like to look at the bright side of life. We're gonna have a fit Jordy for Anzac Day, how good is that going to be?"

Is Kreuger any chance for Anzac Day?
Quote:
"Yep. He has to come into consideration. He played today, but I don't know how he went. We didn't get to see any of that. Hopefully he's pulled up well. Without having selection now, he will definitely be considered".

Did you fly Trent Bianco over thinking he was a chance this afternoon?
Quote:
"No, we flew our emergencies back to play VFL today and left one as a carry over, but then when Jordy [De Goey] goes out, you need to have another one because then we look silly if something happens before the game. It's all precautionary. It's a credit to Trent. He's such a great team player. He just manned it up and said he'll come back, 'I'll do what the team needs'. We're very lucky to have him".

How did you find your first experience of coaching against Ross Lyon?
Quote:
"I've got an enormous respect for Ross. I played with Ross. I don't know if you knew that; only a couple of games but we go a long way back. I've got an enormous respect for him. I love the way he's getting the best out of his list and I'm not trying to denigrate the list at all, but they've got a lot of injuries and they're playing right out of their skins in terms of what they're capable of and he's abiding to a game plan. He's a very good coach, and it's good to have him back in the AFL".

St Kilda had numbers back, and he's probably the best defensive coach in the league.
Quote:
"I think the ground really suits him. I think Ross should be calling for Gather Round for 10 years here because it does suit the way they defend. This is not something new, Leigh Matthews used to say it's going to be hard for us to score with numbers back but we got to make it impossible for them [to score] and for major parts we did that. Then with a few personnel that made it even harder we couldn't get an aerial contest at times so credit to them. They're going to be hard to beat".

What did you make of the pre-match commemoration of Nicky Winmar's stance against racism?
Quote:
"Brilliant. I think the more that we can do to support others that have had things done to them in the past so that we can move forward to have closure hopefully and grow. I keep saying our best days are tomorrow. Hopefully, we can allow that for not only Nicky, but Gilbert McAdam. I played with Gilly. I love him. He's a great fella. Hopefully we can put some closure to things like that and we can keep moving and keep educating ourselves to be better".

What did you make of Jack Ginnivan's return to the team?
Quote:
"I thought he was a bit scratchy early, but when we needed him, he did a couple of things that were really important to the game. He's a clever player. He's important to us in the way he can do little things that others can't do. I think he'll be better for it".

Realistically, do you have any other choice other than to play Kreuger with now Murphy going out?
Quote:
"I said to the team we want to have deep wins and then live in the moment, so I'm reluctant to get to match committee for next week; and stay here for as long as we can. That's something I've promised the group".

On Ginnivan, he delivered that goal in the final quarter. Is he the type of player that plays at the same level regardless of what level (AFL/VFL) of football he's at?
Quote:
"Yeah, potentially. I haven't seen him play in the VFL before. In the first couple of weeks, it looked like he needed the run in the first week and second week. His GPS was quite strong in a performance for the group that was difficult. We backed him in and I think he'll get better for the run".

Any updates on Mason Cox?
Quote:
"I haven't heard the latest on that [a new scan]. My understanding was that he was going to get another scan. It was either late this week or next so I'll need to follow that up".

Cox is no chance for Anzac Day?
Quote:
"No chance".

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1310131/press-conference-craig-mcrae?videoId=1310131&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1681645618001

ThanksJezzaand just how bloody fabulous is our coach!

What a read!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:34 am

^ IN FLY WE TRUST.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:47 am

Really liked Beau McCreerys game last night.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:36 pm

90 nice wrote:
Really liked Beau McCreerys game last night.

Me too. He's such a tenacious tackler and was instrumental in stopping transition from defence by the Saints.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:42 pm

yep in top form as well.

Kind of another mid fielder as well.

Handy player and has nice kick to him.

He is our pressure player and gets the ball himself.

Handy goal sneak.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:55 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

To be fair, at some point, you need to give the opposition some credit for the above. They were undefeated before us and the highest score against them was 74 points vs Essendon. They’re good at protecting the dangerous spots and winning the ball back inside their own D50. So while we didn’t get a great return on our F50s, we outgunned them in other areas. In simple terms, they might have won a third of the ground but we won the other two thirds ( mainly on the back of relentless pressure for all but the last 5 mins of game ) And let’s not forget, in doing so, we also kept them to their lowest score for the year to date. Sometimes you just need to find different ways to get the job done.

Thanks for this Pies2016.

I too was getting extremely frustrated with our long bomb forward entries. That seemed to play right into the hands of the Saints ' defence! I so wanted our boys to lower their eyes and be more precise and measured with their entries, but then our forwards were finding it difficult to find clear space.

Thinking more clearly after the game, I acknowledged that the Saints were very strong in this area and perhaps it was the tightest defence we have encountered so far. You have explained the situation clearly and accurately and I especially like the way you summed it all up. Smile

Nevertheless, there was a tendency to long bomb against the Lions as well and I think there is a need for better organization of leading patterns and better synergy amongst our forward line players.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:33 pm

Please god, don't let a Ross Lyon coached team win a Premiership, coz if all the other teams then copy that "formula", AFL will be duller than amatuer rugby.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:06 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Jezza wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
The coach said in his presser "We're very grateful to have him in our team". Who was he talking about? Checkers!!!! Such a lion hearted player, who works so hard and uses his body like a battering ram.

Yes, Checkers Smile

Very few people in any endeavour put in as much as the bloke week after week. I grimace everytime he lands, which is god knows how many times a game. That's one of the reasons why I don't want McStay in the ruck; Checkers needs protection from himself or he'll try to do the work of three players.

Just a role model to all.

Fantastic player is our Checkers.A real heart and soul player for the side.You just can’t do without players like that in your side.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:30 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

Pretty sure St Vomit play an extra player in defence as often as possible
the 6 6 6 rule apart

JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:01 pm

Gather Round in South Australia saved their best until last, with Collingwood clinging on to beat St Kilda by 6 points at the Adelaide Oval, which also resulted in the Saints losing their first game of the season. The first three quarters saw both sides not give an inch and goals were at a premium. There was a lot of transition and stoppage play between the arcs without significant scoreboard impact during those quarters. The final term saw the Magpies steam ahead with a flurry of goals, and by the 18-minute mark of the last quarter with a lead of 26 points, the game appeared to have been decided. Then the Saints roared back into the contest in a real hurry, but simply could not find their way through to force a draw, which allowed the Woods to retain their lead and prevail under immense pressure at the final siren.

Collingwood won very few statistical categories from Sunday's win in Adelaide. There were gains in tackles by +15 (60 - 45), +4 for Tackles Inside 50 (10 - 6), Marks Inside 50 were up by +2 ( 10 - 8 ), and Inside 50s had a margin of +14 (64 - 50). St Kilda dominated the stats sheet, claiming disposals by +16 (408 - 392), kicks were won by +2 (228 - 226), handballs had a differential of +14 (180 - 166), while contested possessions had a margin of +21 (147 - 126), and intercept possessions had an advantage of +2 (87 - 85). Hit-outs were won by +6 (37 - 31), +6 for clearances (37 - 31), centre clearances were gained by +3 (13 - 10), while stoppage clearances had a buffer of +3 (24 - 21). Marks went St Kilda's way by +4 (103 - 99), with contested marks won by +4 (15 - 11). Uncontested possessions (256 each) and uncontested marks (88 apiece) were the only statistical categories in dispute from the game.

Josh Daicos (30 disposals @ 73%, 502 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 21 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 16 kicks, 14 handballs, 6 marks, 4 tackles, 3 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 6 Inside 50s & 4 Rebound 50s) accumulated possessions and produced territory for the team under pressure, despite missing targets in general play, where he was forced to kick to a contest with no leads on offer.

Tom Mitchell (28 disposals @ 86%, 306 metres gained, 12 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 19 handballs, 3 marks, 6 tackles, 3 score involvements, 6 clearances, 5 stoppage clearances, 5 Inside 50s & 1 goal) stood up without Jordan De Goey (late withdrawal with gastro) to win the ball through the middle of the ground, while clearing the ball from stoppages with relative ease.

Steele Sidebottom (25 disposals @ 60%, 547 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 20 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 10 handballs, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal assist, 4 score involvements, 5 Inside 50s & 4 Rebound 50s) linked up play on the wing by taking marks and looked to kick long to a contest (much like Josh Daicos), only for St Kilda's defenders to pick off marks in Collingwood's forward line.

Scott Pendlebury (23 disposals @ 78%, 152 metres gained, 11 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 8 kicks, 15 handballs, 4 marks, 5 tackles, 6 score involvements, 5 clearances, 2 centre clearances, 3 stoppage clearances & 2 Inside 50s) emphasised his role on winning the contested ball on the inside, and maintaining possession by foot on the outside of the contest.

Jack Crisp (22 disposals @ 77%, 363 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 11 handballs, 3 marks, 5 tackles, 2 goal assists, 4 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) played a highly effective territory game with a minimal amount of errors. Crisp often ran through the corridor to receive handpasses whenever the team wanted to kick into the centre square, where he would continue the handball chain in a forward motion or kick to the team's advantage up forward.

Taylor Adams (18 disposals @ 67%, 260 metres gained, 11 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 8 kicks, 10 handballs, 2 marks, 4 tackles, 5 score involvements, 8 clearances, 6 centre clearances, 2 stoppage clearances & 3 Inside 50s) generated momementum by winning the contested ball countless times and clearing the ball out of the middle so his teammates could receive his handpasses or compete aerially when he chose to kick the ball.

Billy Frampton (9 disposals 104 metres gained, 27 hit-outs, 2 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 3 kicks, 6 handballs, 3 marks & 3 tackles) gave great effort in the ruck to give his midfielders enough looks out of the middle and competed strongly around the ground.

Nick Daicos (42 disposals @ 76%, 856 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 36 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 27 kicks, 15 handballs, 7 marks, 1 goal assist, 4 score involvements, 8 Inside 50s & 8 Rebound 50s) had another tremendous game full of superlatives. Nick looked to maintain possession by foot as much as possible, rolled up to the stoppages after kicking long to a contest from each kick-in to receive handpasses, and gave the forwards enough looks.

John Noble (24 disposals @ 83%, 552 metres gained, 2 contested possessions, 22 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 18 kicks, 6 handballs, 7 marks, 2 tackles, 4 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 3 Inside 50s & 5 Rebound 50s) looked to take the game on at every opportunity from defence by driving the ball forward, with some of his possessions going though the corridor to open the play up for his team. Noble also looked to maintain possession under pressure when he wasn't rolling up the ground in attack mode.

Brayden Maynard (20 disposals @ 80%, 371 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 17 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 6 handballs, 9 marks, 2 score involvements & 2 Rebound 50s) kept his plan of attack relatively simple by backing his aerial judgement to take his marks, maintain possession or kick to a contest where there would be teammates bringing the ball to ground and forcing stoppages. Maynard's game-saving mark in the dying seconds went a long way to ensuring Collingwood won the game.

Darcy Moore (18 disposals @ 78%, 379 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 13 kicks, 5 handballs, 7 marks, 2 contested marks, 2 score involvements & 3 Rebound 50s) was supreme in each aerial contest, and his ball use coming out of defence was really good. Moore also put on a spoiling masterclass to deny numerous marks that the Saints may or would have taken.

Isaac Quaynor (15 disposals @ 87%, 259 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 11 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 6 handballs, 6 marks, 2 contested marks, 3 tackles, 2 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 4 Rebound 50s) had an excellent second half with his intercept marking and rebound work contributing to the outcome of the contest.

Oleg Markov (15 disposals @ 73%, 240 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 7 kicks, 8 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) played a solid game behind the ball where he stuck to his task and stuck to his limitations.

Nathan Murphy (11 disposals @ 91%, 205 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 5 uncontested possessions, 10 intercept possessions, 7 kicks, 4 handballs, 6 marks, 2 contested marks & 4 Rebound 50s) was playing exceptional footy in a typically fearless manner with his intercept marking on display, untile Anthony Caminiti decked Murphy off the ball which saw Murphy ruled out with concussion, therefore missing the next game.

Brody Mihocek (17 disposals @ 82%, 143 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 8 kicks, 9 handballs, 6 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 7 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 goals) provided a marking target up forward, got involved in scoring chains, held his marks and converted his chances.

Jack Ginnivan (13 disposals @ 69%, 275 metres gained, 2 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 3 handballs, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements, 4 Inside 50s & 1 goal) made an impressionable return to AFL footy for the first time this season by being involved up the ground, laying tackles and applying pressure, before capping off his game with a brilliant snap that ignited the fire in the final quarter.

Bobby Hill (12 disposals @ 92%, 335 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 8 uncontested possessions, 10 kicks, 2 handballs, 3 marks, 1 goal assist, 4 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 3 goals) lit it up with three crucial and telling goals in alow-scoring game, where maximised his impact from limited possessions.

Will Hoskin-Elliott (12 disposals @ 67%, 260 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 8 kicks, 4 handballs, 3 marks, 4 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements & 5 Inside 50s) played his role well after being ill during the week, only to be recalled in Jordan De Goey's place days later. Hoskin-Elliott stayed busy without dominating the game.

Beau McCreery (12 disposals @ 75%, 329 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 10 kicks, 2 handballs, 3 marks, 4 tackles, 5 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 1 goal) contributed with tackling, territory, scoring chains and scoreboard impact when it was needed.

Jamie Elliott (11 disposals @ 73%, 103 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 5 kicks, 6 handballs, 3 marks, 4 tackles, 2 goal assists, 4 score involvements & 1 goal) created a couple of goals, applied pressure and ended the contest with a vital goal.

Ash Johnson (9 disposals @ 56%, 157 metres gained, 4 hit-outs, 3 contested possessions, 6 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 2 handballs, 5 marks, 2 contested marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 1 goal assist, 6 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 1 goal) was wasteful early on, but kept presenting as an aerial target up forward, chipped in with a little bit of ruck work, before nailing a goal in the last term to continue the team's momentum.

Collingwood's next game will be against Essendon at the MCG on April 25. It goes without saying, Collingwood's key position stocks have taken a hammering, so the Magpies will need to be smart with their ball use by kicking to leading targets, using the corridor kicks to release runners out into open space so that each player has adequate time and space to deliver the ball to a leading target up forward. Conversion needs to implemented for success to eventuate against the Bombers.

Last edited by JC Hartley on Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: