Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Saints. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the most enjoyable wins for a while. up yours you grey st filth.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:39 am

Still don’t know how we nearly blew a 25 point lead with 2 mins to go.

Also, just watched the last few mins again. So Frampton actually had his arm around the neck of the opposing ruckman for the final second ball up (literally the ONE THING not to do with seconds on the clock). Like, seriously, WTF are you doing risking that?!?!?! Umpire would’ve been technically correct to call that a free kick.

Also, Crisp kicking backwards in the final 30 seconds, and then Maynard ignoring the simple McCreery pass inside D50 to kill the game, and instead opting to kick 40 down the line to a 1 vs 3. We’re told we trying to these situations. Possibly the worst 2 mins I’ve ever watched. Somewhat soured an absolutely amazing game and win.

Must be better…

piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:59 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
and then Maynard ignoring the simple McCreery pass inside D50 to kill the game, and instead opting to kick 40 down the line to a 1 vs 3.

Must be better…

My head nearly exploded.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:14 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Still don’t know how we nearly blew a 25 point lead with 2 mins to go.

Also, just watched the last few mins again. So Frampton actually had his arm around the neck of the opposing ruckman for the final second ball up (literally the ONE THING not to do with seconds on the clock). Like, seriously, WTF are you doing risking that?!?!?! Umpire would’ve been technically correct to call that a free kick.

Also, Crisp kicking backwards in the final 30 seconds, and then Maynard ignoring the simple McCreery pass inside D50 to kill the game, and instead opting to kick 40 down the line to a 1 vs 3. We’re told we trying to these situations. Possibly the worst 2 mins I’ve ever watched. Somewhat soured an absolutely amazing game and win.

It was very much like the first Carlton game last year where Silvagni had a chance to win with a snap. We not only stopped, but we started making stupid decision.
Must be better…

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:28 pm

They say we learn from our mistakes. Collingwood need to provide evidence that they do. Bloody frustrating to see avoidable mistakes compared to forced errors. I’m uncertain as to why they were in a position to have the match drawn or lose. Maybe they put the cue back in the rack too early 🙄
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:07 pm

it wasn't just the last two minutes. I turned on the TV during the last quarter, and Bobby Hill kicked a goal - from that point, they had nine scoring shots to one - it was just that they were missing them.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:35 pm

There’s two reasons why they got hold of us late in the game.
1 ) Saints went from ultra defensive to ultra attacking because they were behind on the scoreboard. We didn’t handle that strategy shift well because
2 ) Murphy, who had been brilliant, went off the ground. Markov was playing his first game and Frampton couldn’t help out in the backline because the coaches needed him elsewhere. ( McStay was also off, so couldn’t give a chop out in the ruck )
I don’t get the angst. We just beat the top side with 6 of our best 22 not playing ( I’m including McStay in this )
Just because we don’t dominate every game, every week for every minute of the entire game, doesn’t always make for a hollow victory.
Try to find some enjoyment and positives from the other 95 mins, it’s much more therapeutic.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:03 pm

All fair points and a timely reminder. Would love to be a fly in the wall in the review - just to see what, if anything, may have been highlighted. I’m sure certain patches didn’t go unnoticed both good and bad.

As an aside - it can be a trap when you experience a few more wins (than 2021) and your expectations lift and all of a sudden anything less than 5 goal margin against everyone every week leaves you feeling short changed.

After taking a moment - it was a good win, with plenty to take away. Bucks has said in the past that sometimes you just get the lesson, but it’s better when you can get the lesson AND the 4 points.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

..No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:57 pm

Caminiti got 3 games suspension
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/04/18/caminiti-cops-suspension-for-striking-magpies-defender/

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:59 pm

So the tribunal ignores its own rules to downgrade the charge, typical.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:59 pm

The tribunal and the MRO are different bodies.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:06 pm

Where the left hand has NO IDEA what the right hand is doing; typical reflection of the utter ineptitude we witness under bug eyed numpty McLaughlin's watch.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:35 pm

piffdog wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
So the tribunal ignores its own rules to downgrade the charge, typical.

The tribunal and the MRO are different bodies.

The tribunal doesn’t use the AFL a rules? That might explain their bizarre decisions then… Rolling Eyes
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:20 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

I don’t get the angst. We just beat the top side with 6 of our best 22 not playing

Reckon the angst probably stems from the fact that had they kicked straighter than 3.6 in the last quarter, we would not have beaten a team that has 10+? of its best 22 players out, and who hadn’t played a 2022 top 4 side before this game

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:42 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

I don’t get the angst. We just beat the top side with 6 of our best 22 not playing

Reckon the angst probably stems from the fact that had they kicked straighter than 3.6 in the last quarter, we would not have beaten a team that has 10+? of its best 22 players out, and who hadn’t played a 2022 top 4 side before this game

Just about every other club treats games against us as a grand final, especially when playing at the G. They always lift to be fully switched on. I’m grateful for all victories.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: