Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Bombers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved how after Bruz scrubbed that kick that led to a bombers goal, the players didn’t drop their heads. They took the piss out of him! They were all laughing, even Fly. That says a lot about the culture of this club these days. Fly encourages players to take the game on. If there’s a mistake, just move on.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:49 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Billy Frampton was heroic today. In terms of impact on the outcome of the game, I had him just behind Nick Daicos. As expected, he was beaten in the ruck, and the Bummers should have monstered us in the air, but Frampton would not allow them to. A sterling effort.

I'm salivating at just how good we can be when we have Cameron, Cox, Lipinski, Murphy, Howe, Adams and McStay available.

What a game. I gave my 5 to Frampton because his efforts were heroic. It allowed the team to do what they did. Thought we were done but as ever always hopeful at 3/4 time. Wow 🤩 just wow 🤩 magnificent and marvellous.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:59 am

the fuzz wrote:
I loved how after Bruz scrubbed that kick that led to a bombers goal, the players didn’t drop their heads. They took the piss out of him! They were all laughing, even Fly. That says a lot about the culture of this club these days. Fly encourages players to take the game on. If there’s a mistake, just move on.

It’s not all high fives and laughing . There was an angry exchange between Jaicos and GinniPig? They seemed displeased with each other

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:02 pm

Wow how lucky and privileged to be able to watch that match in the Ponsford at the G sitting with friends and supporters.

I thought we were gone at 3/4 time but given what our team did last year I still hoped.

So proud and filled with joy.

Essendon ran out of legs & “we” ran all over the them. Credit to the fitness guys.

A bit worried about Billy Elliott though, he seems just off the beat in my view.

I’m still pumping after the experience yesterday at the G. How good is the NZ National Anthem and how well was it sung compared to our ordinary one.

Time for a suicidal, itinerant kleptomaniac to be honoured with the National Anthem: Waltzing Matilda.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:06 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
the fuzz wrote:

It’s not all high fives and laughing . There was an angry exchange between Jaicos and GinniPig? They seemed displeased with each other

Yes, I saw that on the replay. Jaicos had a quick snap towards goal, but Ginni was in space 10m away. Ginni had something to say, but it was so congested I doubt Jaicos saw him. Plus Ginni would've been called to play-on because it wasn't 15.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:11 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
the fuzz wrote:

I think that was just situational. Ginnivan pointed out to Daicos that he could’ve chosen to handball to him (lower his eyes) than kick it which he did (more of a lob). In the heat of a tense match “nothing to see here”.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:41 pm

Johnston’s goal in that last quarter, magnificent.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:36 pm

I rewatched the game again and looked closer and paused some things
At 3/4 time it was 6-10 to 11-8
Our 6-10 should have been 10-6 easy misses to Elliot x 2 JDG and Johnson
Essendon had 3 free kicks that led to goals and 4 goals by our players making bad errors Noble x 2 Maynard x 1 and Sidey x 1
The penalty count was 6-16 in there favour which game them field position and stoped us applying pressure to there defence
Really the game was being controlled by our errors and the umpires blowing the whistle
In the last term that didn’t happened and we got control and took it out of the umpires hands and pressured there defence into errors ours made earlier in the game
Watching it again they were leading because we made errors at both ends of the grounds that proved costly and the umpires deciding every time there was a 50/50 it went there way
Also they didn’t get penalised for deliberate throws in at least 8 occasions either blatant throws at that
The other thing is our fitness and speed outside killed them they couldn’t match us
Lastly if I hear another commentator say how Essendon missing Merrett would have made a big difference I’m going to vomit
We had some handy players missing as well who would have made a difference 883 games worth if experience to be exact missing from our team yesterday
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:46 pm

Wow that was amazing. We absolutely swamped the Dopers in the last. There's too many great performances to mention.

There is one thing though that cannot just slide to the keeper. That was one of the most corrupt, cheating displays of umpiring I have ever seen. It was breathtaking to behold , even for seasoned Pies fans. Holding-the-ball rule just didn't apply to us and their frees were like basketball fouls...very incidental and technical, especially in front of goal.

Reminder that Scott was head of football operations in the last few years was also the umpires boss...hmmm. Nothing to see here.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:51 pm

Big F**k You Scumps.

They even could get Essendon over the Like

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:45 pm

Lol at Jay Clark’s Herald-Sun headline pumping up the Bombers — did he write it Monday thinking they’d win? Lol
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:53 pm

Watched the last quarter replay 3 times now.

Frampton won majority of the hit outs, took some key grabs including the goal as well as some handy taps from contests. Just loved his effort.

Ruscoe was so calm in defence and taking the hall forward. What a great addition to the side in the circumstances.

Markovs disposals and tackles in the last were a big improvement from the first 3 quarters too. All had a bearing on the game as they contributed in the various goals.

Great to see these players stand up under the pressure, builds good confidence for depth and competition now and later in the season

tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:57 pm

Whilst the umpiring may not have been as bad in the last, there was the holding the ball non-calls (in our fwd line), the dodgy Draper free in front of goal. But the worst I saw in the replay was the mark paid to Draper - Johnson was man in front and Drpaer held it for less time than WHE's unpaid mark. At the game itself I remember clapping Johnson thinking he had marked it - I thought my eyes must've been deceiving me, until I watched the replay.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:09 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
the fuzz wrote:

It did stand out and it started with Ginnivan wanting Daicos to lower his eyes and then Daicos gesturing back something like “ well you get hemmed in on the boundary on your wrong side under pressure and see how you fair “
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:03 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
the fuzz wrote:

It did stand out and it started with Ginnivan wanting Daicos to lower his eyes and then Daicos gesturing back something like “ well you get hemmed in on the boundary on your wrong side under pressure and see how you fair “

Yeah that was silly by Ginny. In the heat of a pressurised game, to me Jaicos did the right thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14   

Jump to: