Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Bombers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragme wrote:
Am I wrong to note that there were only 4 goals (2 each team) scored at the Ponsford end all day and the other 20 goals all scored at the Punt rd end?

Just doesn’t make any sense considering the fine conditions.

I find that at the G, there is definitely a “scoring end” towards one end. At three quarter time, I told my family and friends not to worry about the deficit because we had the scoring end in the last.

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:07 pm

tbaker wrote:
rambler wrote:
One huge factor during that last quarter was the Collingwood army chant reverberating around the G after each goal. What an absolute cauldron we are creating in the big games. It had to be a contributing factor to our win. It was so loud i was getting goose bumps. The besieged Bombers must have been shell shocked at each centre bounce. How good does it feel as supporters that we can make our own contribution and motivate the boys and influence the result.

Yep...Darcy Moore helped get the crowd going too after we kicked our first goal in the last - I notice it wasn't picked up on the telecast when I watched a replay of the last qtr. As much as some prefer to watch a "close-up" view on TV as opposed to sitting in the stands at the game, there's no doubt you get to see way more at the game, and you CAN have an influence.

Make it legendary...

Yes I noticed it too, Darcy was really geeing up the crowd……I think the players feed off this and grow a foot taller! They certainly thrive from the energy we create.

This was the loudest game I have ever attended, my ears were ringing for hours!

BARRACK HARD!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:53 pm

Dragme wrote:
Am I wrong to note that there were only 4 goals (2 each team) scored at the Ponsford end all day and the other 20 goals all scored at the Punt rd end?

Just doesn’t make any sense considering the fine conditions.

Not only that, but it was 20.11 to 4.12, some very easy misses at the Ponsford end as well.

I do wonder if the result may have been different if Draper kicked his gift from the umpires 25m out directly in front in the last?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:09 pm

1eyedpie wrote:
Yes I noticed it too, Darcy was really geeing up the crowd……I think the players feed off this and grow a foot taller! They certainly thrive from the energy we create.

This was the loudest game I have ever attended, my ears were ringing for hours!

Sitting in the Ponny, I was another one to notice Darcy revving up the crowd.

Just a fantastic moment to actively involve the fanbase and make them the 23rd player.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:12 pm

My sons best mate, is a Doggie fan, they watched the match in a pub. His mate, Paul, at 3/4 time, we are near five goals down, put $30 on the Pies to win, true, because he had a strong feeling we would get up, he made $200, now thats what I call foresight and guts, well done Paul !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:14 pm

DT wrote:
Some great posts. Shout out to Jezza in particular.

Frampton stood up against the in form ruck duo that smashed Melbourne last week. To top it off with a critical goal was incredible. What a top piece of recruiting and great to see him build his confidence.

McCreery - love him. An absolute beast. He is a bit like a modern day Darren Millane in his ferocity to the ball and tackling or attacking the opposition. He also damages the opposition too. A very smart player.

Sidey - what a superb game. So good to see and his ball handling and smarts in tough situations are a joy to watch. How good was his defensive mark at the City end?

I won’t talk about the obvious - N and J Daicos!!!

I thought Ruscoe did a good job and is a solid mark and a good kick.

Elliott - did a few nice things but his goal kicking is off. I think he is holding the ball incorrectly - may be to counteract a draw or hook he has with his kicking. Goal kicking is a bit like driving or putting in golf. It is touch, feel and power.

The team spirit is indomitable - I heard that the famous soccer team Real Madrid has a simple motto - we never give up. Well, that looks like this team to me.

It is super enjoyable to watch this side. Brilliant coaching and a great fearless approach is paying dividends. Once we get a couple of key talls back, watch out!

Great post, DT. Thanks for the shout out Smile

Amongst the association football landscape, Real Madrid would have to be the biggest mental giants, particularly in the Champions League. The fact that you're comparing us to that is exciting.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:18 pm

Collingwood's biggest comebacks from 3QT:

Round 4 1987 vs Richmond = 39 point deficit (won by 10)
Round 10 1970 vs St Kilda = 35 point deficit (won by 7)
Round 8 1978 vs Footscray = 34 point deficit (won by 4)
Round 6 2023 vs Essendon = 28 point deficit (won by 13)
Round 17 2022 vs North Melbourne = 26 point deficit (won by 7)

It was our biggest 3QT comeback at the MCG.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

..No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:44 pm

Pendlebury cleared of serious damage after eye poke

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/hawks-weigh-up-immediate-senior-return-for-lewis-lyon-calm-amid-saints-hype-20230426-p5d3ff.html

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:52 pm

I said to my mate at 3/4 time we have only kicked 6 goals all game and would need another 7 from here. no way in hell I said Embarassed
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:22 pm

Donny wrote:

It's NOT passion to bellow obscenities at your team - or at umpires.

Want more ?

These four imbeciles want to ruin the best game on the AFL calendar with their blatant cheating, thinking the 95K in attendance, as well at the countless others watching game on live TV are as stupid as they are, well I for one certainly have zero hesitation in calling them out.

And at least two of them are going on "Maggot Watch" for 2023.

These turds made Rosebury and Stephens look like Collingwood supporters...

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:41 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
maurs64 wrote:
Anyone notice the common denominator on the list of highest H&A attendance records? Collingwood featuring in all of them! What would the AFL do without us????

This has been the case since the early VFL days but they have always treated us like shit. The worst I have ever seen was in the early 80’s when Collingwood was close to bankruptcy,
but the then VFL did f__k all to help us and we had to rattle SOS cans and have supporters flinging coins onto blankets carried around the boundary at Victoria Park help Collingwood survive.

Well that was early 1986, when as us oldies recall, the McDonald regime's recruiting spending spree on underperforming players, nearly sent us to the wall. Yet the team rallied after taking a 20% paycut, and just missed the finals by a game. Things stabilised somewhat in the years to follow.
I also recall both Footscray and Richmond rattling cans in 1989 and 1990.

lazzadesilva wrote:
However had we been an interstate club in the AFL

Hmm... by 1986 the only interstate side was Sydney, whose debt was wiped by Oakley and co, after South relocated in the years prior, then funded by Edelstein to poach players augogo from other teams.
The Weasels and Bears were conceived that year, and entered comp in 1987. VFL only changed their name to AFL at the conclusion of 1989.
So while our 1990 Premiership was the first AFL premiership, Carlton can technically make a claim for that title, as the they won in 1987, the first season of expanded 14 team comp.

Going off on a tangent here; so just to clarify: f$ck you AFL, f$ck you Carlton, and f$ck you Essendopers.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:01 am

$3000 fine for wacking Nick in the guts
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:15 am

BazBoy wrote:
$3000 fine for wacking Nick in the guts

With his Versace handbag...

piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:38 am

Have watched these commentary snippets a few times:

SEN: (Whateley and the Pipe): “the Collingwood fans know what’s happening, the Essendon players know what’s happening. It’s transfixing, it’s paralysing!”

https://youtu.be/Fu3CdxJgYAw

And the triple M version. There’s no doubt Daisy Thomas is black and white through and through. Watch his reaction as the Pies come back.

https://youtu.be/x0yncx7zeC8

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:08 am

It was a highly charged day with a euphoric like atmosphere in the last, but I don't mind admitting it was the 'Coooolingwoood' chant during the 1/4 time goal square fracas that got me emotional.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: