Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-match. Pies v. Crows.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boot 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My early selection guess for the upcoming game in Adelaide;
Backs; Maynard, Moore, Murphy
H.Backs; Quaynor, Ruscoe, N.Daicos
Centers; Crisp, Adams, J.Daicos
H.Forwards; McCreery, Mihocek, Hill
Forwards; Elliot, Johnson, Ginnivan
Followers; Frampton, DeGoey, Mitchell
Interchange; Pendlebury, Hoskin-Elliot, Nobel, Kreuger
Sub; Markov
In; Adams, Murphy
Out:Kelly (Omited), Sidebottom (Managed)

It's a good sign when we can afford to rest someone of Sidebottom's ability, but we need to manage the older players. It could be Pendlebury if his eye injury is still tender by the weekend.
Markov holds the Sub position to offer speed with fresh legs if required, but could also be Josh Carmichael given his outstanding form in the VFL last week. Unfortunately there is a bye for Collingwoods VFL team this week so the likes of Kelly, Macrae, McInnes and Carmichael won't get the chance to show their form for a couple of weeks.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:39 pm

A lousy five day break, against a good side, well rested over there, in Lunatic Land. Maybe a bridge too far, methinks, thankfully we beat the Dons, so that can cushion a defeat, We will fight it out, heck, we may even win, who knows what this team can do, even with all our outs, and No rucks ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:40 pm

Out : Markov- In Murphy

Markov has done zero wrong, but Murphy is a lock these days and will be fresh.

Out: Sidey. In: Adams

Not like-for-like, but it is a very long season for older players

Sub: Will Kelly.

With Sidey rested, WHE is a lock- Adelaide is a ground that demands gut-runners (which WHE is).

Kelly is a good sub who can go back or onto a wing (where he has played most of the VFL this year- he is actually a very good endurance athlete and is a thumping kick.

Kreuger will back up Frampton in the ruck and allow Johnson and Mihocek to play as forward balls so we always have three talls down there.

My understanding is that quite a few of the players had mild colds last week- might explain why Hill, Elliott and Mihocek were below par on ANZAC Day.

Am hoping that Draper, Ryan, Begg and, possibly, Cox return via the VFL this week.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:58 pm

I was worried about this game last week, but **** me they only just beat Hawthorn so if we can’t beat the Crows then how serious are we?
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:59 pm

VFL team has a Bye this weekend.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:59 pm

VFL has a bye this weekend, so we should certainly have some additional troops return to the VFL the following week.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:04 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
I was worried about this game last week, but **** me they only just beat Hawthorn so if we can’t beat the Crows then how serious are we?

True mate, BUT, its over there, nutjack land, and we are coming off five day break, they are a 4 goal better team there, but, you never know, we might pull it off. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:11 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

That’s true but prior to that their previous three games were 18.9, 17.10 and 18.10. Theyre capable of a lot of shots on goal and their forward line has some serious fire power. I think we can safely say they’re better than a very narrow win against the Hawks. They also didn’t have an injury on their entire list last week, so this to me presents a bigger challenge than the Bombers at the G with a ten day break.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:56 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

True mate, BUT, its over there, nutjack land, and we are coming off five day break, they are a 4 goal better team there, but, you never know, we might pull it off. Surprised

But they’ve beaten Carlton, Freo and Port, hardly a who’s who. They’ve also lost to Richmond and GWS.

Essendon had beaten Dundy and his mates last week so were actually a decent test.

If we do get the 4 points as expected I’d be getting very excited for this year, looking at the ladder and we’ve disposed of a few top sides already, it might be the perfect year to grab a flag whilst still building the list as the comp doesn’t look great. The fact a team of old farts won the flag so easily last year shows the league is in a bit of a rebuilding phase with no major standouts.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:20 pm

FB: Murphy Moore Noble
CB: IQ Maynard Crisp
C: J Daicos Adams WHE
CF: McCreery Johnson Nick Daicos
FF: Hill Checkers Ginny
R: Frampton JDG Mitchell
Int: Kruger Pendles Side Elliott
Sub: Marcov

Out: ruscoe
In: Murphy Adams

Pies by 19 points
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:00 am

IIRC, it took us four quarters to overhaul the Crows, in Pendle's 350th back in 2022, again over there.

So nobody take them lightly; we have just come off two hugely exhausting matches in a row.

Walker and Fogarty are big units, Moore will get Tex I presume, and Murphy goes to Fogarty. But don't expect either to go scoreless.
Richatelle is shifty, and Rankin is a tin-arse at goal; both are hitting the scoreboard.

We should bank the points, but don't go there expecting a percentage booster simply on the back of another 70 odd possession game from Pete's kids. It's about weathering this storm until we get some more troops back.

Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:41 am

Kreuger's game reminded me of early Cox- not quite grasping the skills necessary. Hopefully he's shaken out the rust by the weekend. I wouldn't be dropping him as I'd reckon Frampton might be up against it with a 5 day break and having to adjust to the heavier burden of rucking. Might have some heavy legs in the second half on Sunday.

I'm glad it wasn't this version of Elliott kicking for goal in last year's late season bomber game. Hard to see him making it on current goalkicking action.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:02 am

David wrote:
Some tough selection decisions next week, but for me, biggest priority is that Ruscoe stays in (even if only as 23rd man). He's earned it, and we're a better team with him out there.

I'd forgotten Markov, so as the Lad says above there's a chance he might stay, which would be just reward.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:21 am

It wouldn't surprise me if WHE was rested this week. He spent a lot of time on the bench in the last quarter and was hobbling a bit after the game. I suspect he may have hurt himself when took that screamer in our goal square, which the white maggots did not pay.
think better 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:39 am

Ben Keays will get the lock down job on Naicos I reckon. He has been a defensive forward the last few weeks and is very very good at it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: