Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-match. Pies v. Crows.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think better wrote:
Ben Keays will get the lock down job on Naicos I reckon. He has been a defensive forward the last few weeks and is very very good at it.

And there in lies the reason why Nick so good. If Keays was having an impact on Daicos as a defensive forward, then send Daicos to the half forward line and Keays either drops off or plays him in a position he’s not familiar with.
It’s Nicks versatility ( and that stems from footy smarts ) that makes him so good. Slow him down in one position and the chances are he will dominate in another.
think better 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:52 am

Pies2016 wrote:
think better wrote:
Ben Keays will get the lock down job on Naicos I reckon. He has been a defensive forward the last few weeks and is very very good at it.

And there in lies the reason why Nick so good. If Keays was having an impact on Daicos as a defensive forward, then send Daicos to the half forward line and Keays either drops off or plays him in a position he’s not familiar with.
It’s Nicks versatility ( and that stems from footy smarts ) that makes him so good. Slow him down in one position and the chances are he will dominate in another.

Good point - I reckon Keays might get the job all night. He has played midfield quite a bit too. Not sure if he has played in the back line much but he might well stick with him if he goes forward.

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:40 pm

Commentators and sports media saying how good the Pies are travelling, but always mention when other sides have injuries (i.e. 2 metre Peter Wright missing for the Dons) we had at least seven missing from our best 22 on ANZAC day.

Lipinski, McStay, Adams, Cameron, Murphy, Howe and Cox.

Obviously Adams and Murphy will be back this week, but we know we have struggled to cover the loss of Cameron and Cox who were both in great form before their respective injuries.

Howe and McStay are vital to our structure, and since they've been out, our scoring has dried up a fair bit.

Lipinski hasn't been available at all but his gut running suits our style so well.

Bonus is that we should (hopefully) all available for the second half of the season.

The other point that is a big positive, is that I see quite a few players really haven't hit their straps yet for various reasons:

IQ - has been serviceable, seems a bit fumbley at times has more gears to get through yet

Elliott - has been wasting shots at goal from relatively easy positions, confidence seems a bit down, but one really good game can change all that

Crisp - dropped off from the Brisbane game, but had been at the top of his game before that anyway, like Elliott may only need one good game to lift his confidence

Ginnivan - Only two games back, he will keep building and that makes our forward line so much more dangerous.

Hill - Has dropped off since Ginni's return, hopefully they can create a synergy. McCreery, Ginni and Bobby on fire would be awesome

Mihocek - Hasn't had a bad season, was quite on Tuesday, but if Ash Johnson, Brody and McStay can spend time on the park together with our small forwards it could be the best forward line we've had in a long time

Pep 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:44 pm

Saw this on twitter.

Theo Doropoulos
@TheoDrop

Star midfielder Rory Laird will be named tonight but is in doubt for Sunday’s Pies clash with calf tightness. Final call will come after captain’s run. Matthew Nicks says they have to prepare to be without him.

And confirms someone will go to Nick Daicos.

Huge out for the crows if true/happens.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:21 pm

Don't be surprised to see Jamie Elliott rested. Seems off
kempster65 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:30 pm

Hi guys, just joined, been following for a while. Crows over there always a challenge but I actually think they’re due to drop one. Even taking into account our injuries, short break etc. this team just gives me confidence every time they step out on the ground.
We could be in for a phenomenal 2nd half of the year if we ever get a full healthy squad.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:44 pm

Pep wrote:
Saw this on twitter.

Theo Doropoulos
@TheoDrop

Star midfielder Rory Laird will be named tonight but is in doubt for Sunday’s Pies clash with calf tightness. Final call will come after captain’s run. Matthew Nicks says they have to prepare to be without him.

And confirms someone will go to Nick Daicos.

Huge out for the crows if true/happens.

Laughing next victim.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:58 pm

That last quarter against Essendon took a big physical and psychological effort and while it finished on a massive high with only 5 days between games whether we can get ourselves up again to face an opponent supremely confident on their home deck is a massive challenge.

Between his eye, age and the short turnaround I wouldn't play Pendlebury this week even if passed fit. It'll hurt our chances against Adelaide but in taking a conservative approach it'll freshen him up ahead of the game against Sydney and as one of our veterans not expecting him to play all 23 games should be part of our man management.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:43 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if WHE was rested this week. He spent a lot of time on the bench in the last quarter and was hobbling a bit after the game. I suspect he may have hurt himself when took that screamer in our goal square, which the white maggots did not pay.

Rude he only had it in both hands and was going to ground with it when it was knocked out of his hands by a another players head
If he is hobbling then rest him up I reckon
I’m waiting to hear if Sidey pulled up ok
He was complaining of soreness and stiffness in his calf after game but they had planned to manage him and Pendles as required during the season to have them right for finals
I think 3 road trips in 3 weeks 2 on heavy grounds with the miles he racks up during the game and the miles he has in his legs he’s entitled to be a bit sore
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:19 pm

Would be a shame to rest Sidey, but there's a good chance he's got leather poisoning!
Great game by Steelo.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:57 pm

If you could pick one player you would want missing from the Crows side, it would be Laird. Let’s hope he misses, it would be only fair for them to have ONE of their best 22 missing on the day.
The possibility of Laird missing would also make it a more difficult decision to hard tag Nick. Not only would they have lost their biggest ball winner but tagging Nick would also further reduce their mid fields chances at getting first hands on the ball. Their mid field looks pretty thin without Laird playing, as well as ( presumably) Keays being asked to focus on Nick rather than the footy.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:11 pm

We still largely have untapped talent as well likes of Carmichael McInness McRae has largely been un tried I feel these players will keep us in good stead going forward
I’m surprised they haven’t had much of a go to be honest
I feel that kruger could play on the wing as well
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:30 pm

Gee this is a tough ask...for mine, 4 points would be great....no injuries would almost be better. Both would be preferable clearly.

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:04 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
If you could pick one player you would want missing from the Crows side, it would be Laird. Let’s hope he misses, it would be only fair for them to have ONE of their best 22 missing on the day.

Yep - the team with the least number of injuries - and we'll have the commentators bemoan the loss of Laird and how it unsettles them...

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:07 pm
Post subject: Anyone going to Adelaide this weekend - need infoReply with quote

Anyone know if tix available, best place to stay, where to sit with other CFC faithful etc.. sorry I’m currently OS so can’t access info easily elsewhere plus I trust Nicksters more to put me right!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: