Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-match. Pies v. Crows.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

kempster65 wrote:
Hi guys, just joined, been following for a while. Crows over there always a challenge but I actually think they’re due to drop one. Even taking into account our injuries, short break etc. this team just gives me confidence every time they step out on the ground.
We could be in for a phenomenal 2nd half of the year if we ever get a full healthy squad.

Welcome! Yes, the fact we're winning all these games with a significant injury list means we're in pretty good shape, and could be even more so should we regain several of our injury hit stars!
Some of those that bag our players efforts when things aren't going well in games don't see how good we really are going, considering the injuries to key position players. No rucks and a stretched defence - the last positions that any teams would want to lose.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:20 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
think better wrote:
Ben Keays will get the lock down job on Naicos I reckon. He has been a defensive forward the last few weeks and is very very good at it.

And there in lies the reason why Nick so good. If Keays was having an impact on Daicos as a defensive forward, then send Daicos to the half forward line and Keays either drops off or plays him in a position he’s not familiar with.
It’s Nicks versatility ( and that stems from footy smarts ) that makes him so good. Slow him down in one position and the chances are he will dominate in another.

Yes, that is the perfect way to put ithe pressure back on Keays and potentially shake the tag.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:37 pm

They named ins but not outs.

The ins are: Taylor Adams and Nathan Murphy, with Harvey Harrison into the squad.

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:40 pm

Stay anywhere in the CBD that you like the look/price of and you can walk to the ground. Especially if stay in north half of the CBD.

Yes, there are tickets available through Ticketek. I sit in general when I go interstate ... there will always be Pie supporters around you since we are such a huge club
Boot 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:44 pm

Surprisingly Harvey Harrison has been named in the extended squad along with Adams & Murphy. I seriously doubt he’ll debut so it’s probably just an excuse to give him a trip back home to Adelaide since there’s no VFL this weekend for Collingwood. I haven’t seen any form in the VFL that would have Harrison in the team ahead of McInnes, Allan or Bianca.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:54 pm

Not sure what Carmichael has to do to get a lap - apparently was excellent in the VFL last week and I think has been decent all season. Given how they harp on “selection integrity” I can only assume they want to see more and probably also there just isn’t a spot for the kind of role he’s been playing. We probably do need to have a tall contingency too so Kelly might be in that role again for versatility.

Remind me everyone - is the final team announced Saturday afternoon?

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:31 pm

FB: Isaac Quaynor, Darcy Moore, Brayden Maynard
HB: Will Hoskin-Elliott, Nathan Murphy, Jack Crisp
C: John Noble, Jordan De Goey, Josh Daicos
HF: Bobby Hill, Brody Mihocek, Jamie Elliott
FF: Beau McCreery, Ash Johnson, Taylor Adams
FOL: Billy Frampton, Tom Mitchell, Nick Daicos

IC: Scott Pendlebury, Nathan Kreuger, Will Kelly, Trey Ruscoe, Steele Sidebottom, Jack Ginnivan, Harvey Harrison, Oleg Markov

IN: Harvey Harrison, Nathan Murphy, Taylor Adams
OUT: -

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:36 pm

piffdog wrote:
Not sure what Carmichael has to do to get a lap - apparently was excellent in the VFL last week and I think has been decent all season. Given how they harp on “selection integrity” I can only assume they want to see more and probably also there just isn’t a spot for the kind of role he’s been playing. We probably do need to have a tall contingency too so Kelly might be in that role again for versatility.

Remind me everyone - is the final team announced Saturday afternoon?

Friday early evening.

Re Carmichael ( and MacRae ) The problem for a player like Carmichael, is that it’s not easy strolling into Collingwoods midfield right now and it will only become harder when Lipinski comes back. Carmichael and MacRae are both dominating the VFL but that still doesn’t automatically guarantee you a game in a strong team, particularly while the seniors keep winning. His best chance to play seniors was last week with both Adams and Lipinski missing and they still didn’t pick him ( or MacRae ) so that suggests they’ve both got areas they need to improve on before theyre considered.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:37 pm

My guess:

IC: Scott Pendlebury, Trey Ruscoe, Steele Sidebottom, Jack Ginnivan

IN: Nathan Murphy, Taylor Adams
OUT: Nathan Kreuger, Will Kelly (sub), Oleg Markov

extended IC: Harvey Harrison (sub?)

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:53 pm

I don’t understand the Harrison selection. Was in better form last year between hamstring injuries.

Cooper Murley was terrific at the weekend, classy player and good skills for a super lightweight player.

Carmichael was good and worked his backside off but lacks polish.

Macrae will be wondering if he’s being traded or delisted.

McInnes being played as a key forward in the VFL but would be a half forward third tall at best at this stage of his career. Would
Be good for him to get a couple of games continuity at that level. The bye has come at a bad time.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:30 pm

The Crows have been very good the last month but do have tendencies to fall asleep in parts of games and concede momentum and multiple goals. 5 day break is gonna hurt so need to take advantage of the moments when the Crows nod off.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:31 pm

In the past we've named kids in a squad to give them a taste of the match day experience for the senior side and being an SA boy I'm sure he'll get to treat his family to some tickets and insider access at the game.

I'll be staggered if he was part of the 23 come Sunday.

think better 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:22 pm

The one player keeping me awake at night is Izak Rankine - a seriously good footballer. Not sure how well we'll keep him contained.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:16 am

Extended interchange bench doesn’t tell us much – we know Adams and Murphy are back into the 22 as we all assumed they would be, but all of the candidates for omission have been named on the bench.

I assume Pendlebury, Sidebottom (both assuming no injury) and Ginnivan play and Harrison doesn’t, so that leaves four players (Markov, Ruscoe, Kreuger and Kelly) to choose 22nd and 23rd man from. Ironically, the worst-performed from last week is probably the most likely to be named: I expect we’re going to persevere with Kreuger because of his structural importance. That leaves Ruscoe to be sub, I think. Markov very stiff.

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:32 am

IC: Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom, Jack Ginnivan, Oleg Markov

IN: Nathan Murphy, Taylor Adams
OUT: Nathan Kreuger, Will Kelly, Trey Ruscoe (sub)

Reasoning's:

Ruscoe was starting 22 last week and did a good enough job to get the nod in front of Kelly.

Adelaide has 2 dangerous quick small forwards in Rankine and Rachele, We probably need a speedier Markov as opposed to another tall on the bench.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: