Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-match. Pies v. Crows.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
think better wrote:
Ben Keays will get the lock down job on Naicos I reckon. He has been a defensive forward the last few weeks and is very very good at it.

And there in lies the reason why Nick so good. If Keays was having an impact on Daicos as a defensive forward, then send Daicos to the half forward line and Keays either drops off or plays him in a position he’s not familiar with.
It’s Nicks versatility ( and that stems from footy smarts ) that makes him so good. Slow him down in one position and the chances are he will dominate in another.

Exactly pies2016
The other thing is Nick is a running machine. His data is off the chart he works non stop to get to dangerous positions or to support team mates
He can back forward middle or on a wing
He’s hard to tag
Keys has been good for crows but if he tried to be purely a negator then crows lose his effectiveness as well. Also don’t know if he has the endurance to run with Nick all day
If he wants to go to Nick everywhere he goes play Nick forward and see how he goes as a defender. Nicks turn of speed over the first 10m could hurt him badly and Nick is smart around goals
He might hold Nick to 20/25 which would be considered a win but with 20/25 he can still hurt you but it will impossible to stop Noble, IQ and Markov running off HB
With Murphy back this week who we will need against that forward line I would still play Markov just for his pace
Speed kills opposition teams and we have it all over the paddock
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:15 am

The thing I’ve noticed is how damn quick he is. He seems to put on speed like an eel. Several times Bombers players were clutching at air as he shot away from packs. Add endurance, silky skills on both sides which let him turn in either direction, and excellent peripheral vision, and he is the whole article.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:04 am

To be perfectly honest, the best way to stop Nick is to hurt him. Every club knows that but the rules have changed. The Bombers had a dabble at slowing him down with the sly one to the guts and they fell all over him whenever they could but he hardly goes to ground either. Keep an eye out for the extra attention he will start to receive compared to others.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:12 am

^

And this is when we see whether the great can become the greatest. The greatest excel under all conditions.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:26 am

^^^
Quote:
Speed kills opposition teams and we have it all over the paddock

Yes, and I would add stamina. If you can run them off their feet, then outlast the other team to finish them off.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
tbaker 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:33 am

I think Kreuger needs to stay in - is important for our structure. His desire was there on Anzac Day and he had some 'almost' moments but couldn't quite deliver. He was rusty no doubt, but will be better for the run. Think back to Frampton's first game where he was very shaky and what he has produced since. There is a lot of upside to Kreuger, and he could be an intimidating player for the opposition.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:44 am

tbaker wrote:
I think Kreuger needs to stay in - is important for our structure. His desire was there on Anzac Day and he had some 'almost' moments but couldn't quite deliver.
He was rusty no doubt, but will be better for the run..... There is a lot of upside to Kreuger, and he could be an intimidating player for the opposition.

I liked that spekky he almost took; he got some decent elevation there.
Nice knee work to back of doper players head too; much deserved.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:57 am

Kreuger definitely needs to play. If anything happened to Frampton, we'd be stuffed. Also, his mere presence up forward, releases pressure off our other forwards, particularly Checkers.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:03 am

Yep, not for just his presence (as in existence) in the team, but the presence I feel he has on the ground - he really is an imposing figure.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:12 am

Pies2016 wrote:
piffdog wrote:
Not sure what Carmichael has to do to get a lap - apparently was excellent in the VFL last week and I think has been decent all season. Given how they harp on “selection integrity” I can only assume they want to see more and probably also there just isn’t a spot for the kind of role he’s been playing. We probably do need to have a tall contingency too so Kelly might be in that role again for versatility.

Remind me everyone - is the final team announced Saturday afternoon?

Friday early evening.

Re Carmichael ( and MacRae ) The problem for a player like Carmichael, is that it’s not easy strolling into Collingwoods midfield right now and it will only become harder when Lipinski comes back. Carmichael and MacRae are both dominating the VFL but that still doesn’t automatically guarantee you a game in a strong team, particularly while the seniors keep winning. His best chance to play seniors was last week with both Adams and Lipinski missing and they still didn’t pick him ( or MacRae ) so that suggests they’ve both got areas they need to improve on before theyre considered.

Thanks.

Of course you’re right. Doesn’t matter how good you’re going in the two’s there actually has to be a spot for you to take. A good problem to have I guess. Hopefully when these younger guys get their chance (due to form, injury or planned rest) they can rip the doors off.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:06 am

Pretty sure we've done well off a 5 day break before, while not ideal, I'm confident our conditioning and fitness staff are all over it. A fresh Adams and Murphy will be a welcome addition also. Not usually a great Adams fan but I'm liking his efforts this year and Murphy is just a rock back there. Crows are going ok but not sure they've had real major scalps. Port perhaps but those derbies can be hard to read, form wise. They gave us a hard time last year and have likely improved but so have we. We should win
Boot 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:23 pm

Just heard that Pendlebury is out of the Crows clash on Sunday.
That opens up a spot for another soldier, not sure who it will be given Harrison was named. I would prefer to see Macrae or Carmichael step up to take Pendle's spot this week.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:57 pm

^^^
Yeah, you're right Boot. Here it is confirmed.
https://www.zerohanger.com/collingwood-lose-scott-pendlebury-for-round-7-steele-sidebottom-battling-illness-136146/

Question mark over Sidebottom too?
"Sidebottom has the flu and didn’t train today. The club is confident he will still play."

No worries, we got good depth. We'll know the team at 5pm

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:43 pm

OK, so sounds like Ruscoe, Kreuger and Markov play then (with one as sub), and Kelly presumably gets the gig as sub again if Sidey also misses.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:12 pm

So net-net we need to fit in Murphy and Adams and we know now Pendles will miss so need to drop another.

Perhaps Ruscoe is unlucky. Kelly perhaps stays as the sub (back up tall) again and Kreuger starts?

Ins: Murphy, Adams
Outs: Pendles, Trey
Sub: Kelly

Won’t do the skipper harm to have a spell. Hope his eye comes good.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: