Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies stone the Crows. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Meredith1965 wrote:
Big T wrote:
Noble needs more credit. If nick had of kicked that goal it would be.massive news. And his run out if defence in the last was exquisite. Most underrated player in the comp.

And de goey is our most important player bar none.

This. Johnny Noble is almost elite class. He gets better and better. He makes the odd mistake like all defenders, and gets roasted for it. But unlike most defenders, his value as an attacking player is immense. Not long ago some on here were questioning if he was best 22.

He had a couple of howlers in the last and could have easily gone back in his shell, but his gut running and self belief are a credit to him, as they are not God given gifts, just hard physical and mental work

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:47 pm

Watching the 4th quarter again, I think we should have won by 4 goals really, Daicos put 2 out on the full he would have normally kicked, those frees obviously, one or two other chances we would have gobbled up.

Crows played high pressure all day and were spent by the last 2/3 of the last

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:07 pm

Can’t get enough of watching the last 2 minutes over again?

How about a 12 minute video from First Crack analysing the last 2 minutes of the game!

How did the Pies comeback again?! I Crows deserve 'big tick' despite loss? I First Crack I Fox Footy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dkD1utUELck&pp=ygUDQWZs

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:11 pm

I just read an article in the Age where the journalist said that Darcy Moore was one of several magpie players who had to get out of their sick bed to play this game.If that’s true then it makes the win even more special.

To think we could win with no talls,no Pendlebury,coming off a five day break against an interstate side on their ground,with players under the weather as well is just mind boggling.It would have to rate as one of our greatest wins in recent times,
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:37 pm

Callers on 5AA where about to Cry after we won
JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:16 pm

On the final evening of the month, Collingwood defied all odds to overcome Adelaide by 1 point, despite being particularly poor and were outplayed by the Crows for the majority of the game. Adelaide made Collingwood look lifeless and listless in the opening term, but squandered numerous opportunities and only led by as much as 22 points at quarter time. In the second term, the Magpies hit back hard with a few goals to draw within 6 points of the Crows at half time. The third term was evenly fought, with Adelaide edging ahead by 16 points heading into the last change. After conceding the opening goal of the last quarter, the Woods put the wood on the Crows with scoreboard pressure and repeat entries to sneak ahead in the dying seconds and ultimately close out a dour scrap by the barest of margins.

Collingwood only won a handful of statistical categories against Adelaide. They were in handballs by +8 (147 - 139), clearances were won by +21 (46 - 25), with centre clearances up by +5 (11 - 6), and stoppage clearances had a differential of +16 (35 - 19). Tackles had a margin of +18 (74 - 56), and +5 for Tackles Inside 50 ( 13 - 8 ) were the only other positive markers for the Magpies. Adelaide took control of the remaining statistical indicators with disposals won by +12 (367 - 355), kicks were up by +20 (228 - 208), contested possessions had a margin of +1 (143 - 142), uncontested possessions were won by +12 (211 - 199), while intercept possessions had a buffer of +17 (91 - 74). Hit-outs had a differential of +25 (52 - 27), marks were won convincingly by +33 (105 - 72), with uncontested marks up by +20 ( 88 - 68 ), contested marks had a gap of +13 (17 - 4), while Marks Inside 50 were won narrowly by +2 (9 - 7), and Inside 50s had a buffer of +6 (52 - 46).

Josh Daicos (31 disposals @ 52%, 378 metres gained, 12 contested possessions, 19 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 13 kicks, 18 handballs, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 5 score involvements, 7 clearances, 7 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s & 1 goal) was highly prolific on the wing and around stoppages, despite making numerous errors. Rose to the occasion with a vital goal in the final term, but almost became the villain moments later with a wayward shot from 50 metres going out on the full.

Tom Mitchell (29 disposals @ 59%, 366 metres gained, 14 contested possessions, 15 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 13 kicks, 16 handballs, 3 marks, 6 tackles, 6 score involvements, 7 clearances, 3 centre clearances, 4 stoppage clearances & 5 Inside 50s) generated supply for his team with his clearances allowing teammates to receive the ball or compete in marking contests. Mitchell's tackle across half-back to force a boundary throw-in contributed to the outcome of the game.

Jordan De Goey (24 disposals @ 62%, 395 metres gained, 15 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 13 handballs, 2 tackles, 1 goal assist, 2 score involvements, 10 clearances, 3 centre clearances, 7 stoppage clearances, 4 Inside 50s & 4 Rebound 50s) provided territory with each possession, and looked to clear the ball out of congestion with instinctive kicks under pressure, while releasing running players with handpasses.

Steele Sidebottom (24 disposals @ 67%, 431 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 15 uncontested possessions, 7 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 10 handballs, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 5 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances & 2 Rebound 50s) linked up play with his marking, applied tackling pressure, and ran into space to create handball chains, kicking to leading targets and contributing to scoring chains.

Jack Crisp (19 disposals @ 68%, 299 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 9 handballs, 2 marks, 5 tackles, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances & 3 Inside 50s) looked to move the ball forward and win groundball contests.

Billy Frampton (8 disposals @ 75%, 190 metres gained, 26 hit-outs, 5 contested possessions, 3 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 6 kicks, 2 handballs, 2 tackles, 2 Inside 50s & 1 goal) battled manfully in the ruck all night, and gave adequate supply out of the middle and around stoppages to his midfielders at ground level.

Nick Daicos (27 disposals @ 56%, 475 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 23 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 19 kicks, 8 handballs, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 2 score involvements, 5 clearances, 2 centre clearances, 3 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s & 5 Rebound 50s) had his impact and influence nullified by the Crows, yet he still contributed to the team's victory. Nick was given opportunities in the midfield to generate supply and territory with minimal results.

Darcy Moore (23 disposals @ 78%, 588 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 10 intercept possessions, 16 kicks, 7 handballs, 6 marks, 2 contested marks, 2 tackles, 3 Inside 50s & 11 Rebound 50s) played a true captain's game in leading by example at every contest, and generated significant rebound from defence.

John Noble (23 disposals @ 65%, 513 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 18 kicks, 5 handballs, 7 marks, 2 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 Inside 50s, 3 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) was tremendous off the last line of defence with his will to break the lines at every opportunity, while making himself a marking outlet for teammates to kick to. Noble's goal in the last quarter was match-defining.

Brayden Maynard (21 disposals @ 67%, 501 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 18 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 6 handballs, 3 marks, 2 score involvements, 5 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) relied on winning crucial groundball contests behind the ball and used his penetrating left foot to clear immediate danger and allow his teammates time to reset in defence.

Oleg Markov (14 disposals @ 71%, 324 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 5 handballs, 4 marks, 4 score involvements & 2 clearances) rebounded with intent and took a few marks which contributed to the team's ball movement.

Isaac Quaynor (13 disposals @ 62%, 132 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 6 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 5 kicks, 8 handballs, 3 marks, 4 tackles & 2 Rebound 50s) intercepted play at vital junctures behind the ball and tackled with intensity throughout the evening.

Nathan Murphy (9 disposals @ 67%, 139 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 5 uncontested possessions, 7 intercept possessions, 6 kicks, 3 handballs, 3 marks, 3 tackles & 5 Rebound 50s) was stoic as ever with his endeavour to gather crucial groundball contests at ground level, while backing in his supreme and fearless aerial talents at marking contests.

Beau McCreery (14 disposals @ 64%, 367 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 4 handballs, 2 marks, 9 tackles, 4 Tackles Inside 50, 2 score involvements & 4 Inside 50s) provided a strong ground level presence, where his tackling numbers were through the roof and put fear into his opponents.

Jack Ginnivan (10 disposals @ 60%, 172 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 4 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 3 handballs, 3 marks, 1 goal assist, 6 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) stayed busy and involved in scoring chains without kicking any goals.

Will Hoskin-Elliott (9 disposals @ 89%, 149 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 6 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 5 kicks, 4 handballs, 3 marks, 4 tackles, 2 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 1 goal) spent periods in defence before drifting forward where he laid an awesome tackle and converted from his free kick in the third term. Hoskin-Elliott came up big in the dying minutes to difuse a marking contest across half-back, before being the player that passed the ball to Sidebottom, who ended up kicking the winning behind.

Brody Mihocek (7 disposals @ 86%, 116 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 4 uncontested possessions, 5 kicks, 2 handballs, 3 tackles, 3 score involvements & 3 goals) was chiefly responsible for keeping Collingwood alive and in touch with the goals he was able to kick, when the team were up against it.

Collingwood's next game will be against Sydney at the MCG on May 7. This is the first encounter the Magpies will have against the Swans since last season's preliminary final. The Woods will be breathing with fire and hellbent on playing four quality quarters of footy to deny Sydney any success. This game will mark almost a decade since the Pies hosted the Swans in 2013.

Last edited by JC Hartley on Tue May 02, 2023 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 2:22 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I can't remember the last time I complained about the umpiring, but yesterdays display was an absolute disgrace.

Likewise. It pays to bite the tongue and save it for more egregious occasions like this one when pretty much the entire commentariat agrees.

Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 4:39 am

I wonder how many other players in the league would like one of Naicos' 'poor' games of 27 disposals and 475m?
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 9:31 am

Uncle Jack wrote:
I wonder how many other players in the league would like one of Naicos' 'poor' games of 27 disposals and 475m?

Yep - Keays game being applauded, but he really did nothing except negate Nick Daicos for a while. Of the 2 players, Nick Daicos's game was still superior to Keays - few seem to acknowledge that. At least it illustrates that if a team is to tag then they potentially end up losing a player themselves - exactly what happened here.

Kane Cornes on Footy Classified last night showing clips of the effect of the Keays tag on Daicos - but 80% of the clips had nothing to do with the tag - they were of Daicos kicking to contests which we happened to lose. Most weren't even direct turnovers; they were because Daicos had no loose options to kick to - well done to crows for preventing that but it was no less a slight on the whole team as it was on Daicos.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 11:11 am

^^^

What Keays did was pressure him into “ mistakes “ ( 56% effective ) when Nick got the ball as opposed to actually preventing him from getting it. While it’s a talking point, we need to not overly concern ourselves everytime a quality player is hard tagged now and again. The moment a club goes with a hard tag, is the moment they effectively have one less player around a stoppage who doesn’t have eyes only for the footy. Keays is averaging 25 touches a game in 2023 but he only returned 12 touches on the weekend, so there’s a huge trade off that comes with trying to stop Nick. He might not have got his usual 40 at 80% but Daicos effectively negated his opponent just by having Keays focus on him for most of the match.
The only teams who should even consider tagging Nick are the teams with deep midfields, so as it doesn’t impact their ball winning ability on the day. You could argue the Crows tagging Nick cost them the game and that’s something Fly would be very aware of.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 1:35 pm

I’m trying to get a full vid of the melee where Bruz has his jumper ripped

It has on the collar his special motto

Any one help please

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 2:29 pm

BazBoy wrote:
I’m trying to get a full vid of the melee where Bruz has his jumper ripped

It has on the collar his special motto

Any one help please

I believe that it is "competitive beast"

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 2:33 pm

Thank you and how apt. “Competitive Beast” for Brayden Maynard
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 5:02 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Callers on 5AA where about to Cry after we won

Magpie supporters would have been jubilant, must have been Crows callers?
You gotta feel for the losers but hey, in AFL football there's no prizes for coming second.
You only play as good as the opposition lets you...and Collingwood pressured them into error and panic.
Below is an interview after the game with Crows ruckman, O'Brien

Quote:
"It sat in the guts pretty badly," O'Brien told reporters on Tuesday.

"It's probably the most disappointing loss I have ever been a part of in terms of how flat I felt after the game
and how flat we all felt as a collective."

O'Brien said Adelaide's match review of the loss triggered some "hard conversations.
We just went away from the way we want to play, in that last quarter in particular," he said.

"We didn't get it done around the stoppage and in the contest but also were a little bit safe with the ball,
and then we didn't defend the way we would have liked. We just fell away from what we wanted to do.
Our mindset probably went a bit too defensive. Losing like that is very deflating for everyone.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 5:21 pm

Old saying in sports
“Winners are grinners
Losers can please themselves “

After all the GF losses I’ve seen since my first GF in 1953
I’ve got close to grabbing the Kleenex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16   

Jump to: