Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies stone the Crows. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 5:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Callers on 5AA where about to Cry after we won

Magpie supporters would have been jubilant, must have been Crows callers?
You gotta feel for the losers but hey, in AFL football there's no prizes for coming second.
You only play as good as the opposition lets you...and Collingwood pressured them into error and panic.
Below is an interview after the game with Crows ruckman, O'Brien

Quote:
"It sat in the guts pretty badly," O'Brien told reporters on Tuesday.

"It's probably the most disappointing loss I have ever been a part of in terms of how flat I felt after the game
and how flat we all felt as a collective."

O'Brien said Adelaide's match review of the loss triggered some "hard conversations.
We just went away from the way we want to play, in that last quarter in particular," he said.

"We didn't get it done around the stoppage and in the contest but also were a little bit safe with the ball,
and then we didn't defend the way we would have liked. We just fell away from what we wanted to do.
Our mindset probably went a bit too defensive. Losing like that is very deflating for everyone.

When they review the game, they should ask some hard questions about their selfish forwards. The number of times they blazed away when other forwards were in better positions was damning. Not our problem but we shouldn’t forget they controlled most of the game until the last quarter.
think better 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 5:52 pm

O'Brien would be disappointed with his last quarter - Frampton made some great tap outs in the last and set up a lot of play. They played Dawson behind the ball rather than in around the ball and it showed - we won just about every clearance in the last quarter.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:29 pm

Who else is rewatching the last quarter? 😁
Take_a_Screamer Leo

..No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:49 pm

I've watched it so many times, my eyes hurt and I'm getting tired, but...
give me that mouse, I love that fix, I'll watch one more time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 9:13 pm

watched the mini/highlights and last two minutes about 10 times now.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 9:38 pm

Still buzzing from this win. Watched the first half and listened to rest driving to the promised land of Carringbush. We broke Crow hearts and Sacked all churches in Adelaide as I hit the West Gate . Johnny Noble you star , Nick Daicos with the smother, Stainless with the point . Darcy with the Noah's Ark.

Brilliant lads.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:43 pm

Still pumped about the game. Just watched the last quarter again. There are so many bad decisions. It is genuinely hilarious how biased the muppets are. I think this may be one of our best performances ever
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:46 pm

Okay, so two days after this game...

Like most I was tempted to get on here and just blast allfuck through those putrid maggots, and their cheating... but as everybody else has covered it well enough in depth, let's just hope those four nitwits as a minimum never officiate together as a unit again, because they just have no synergy or consistency [obviously other than making wrong decisions].
Like most of you, I cannot recall two consecutive games so poorly umpired, yet our boys found a way, and that's the sweetness we can taste, that you just cannot buy.

So down to the nitty gritty, both of these games are two of the best come-from-behind wins we have ever witnessed; so many reasons why we shouldn't have won either, that they defy both logic and probability.
Other than injuries, that 5 day break between rounds cannot be underestimated, in terms of fatigue. Really Essendon and Collingwood need to both approach the new AFL chief [because the still current one is a total arrogant narcissistic flog] prior to 2024 fixture release, and say hey - how about you don't schedule either of us to play a top side from the previous years fixture after Anzac Day, a team from the bottom four for both clubs would be ideal. Anyhoo, I haven't looked at 2024 calendar yet, but it being a leap year, the next 25/04 might fall on a thursday, if so a compromise is certainly reachable.

We saw the Dopers get jumped in first quarter by the Cats and Dunderklumpen, but they pretty much kept with handbaggers for the other three terms.
Adelaide did the same thing, although obvious poor conversion on goal cost them scoreboard pressure, and their coach knew it too.
What concerned me was the clinical precision of their ball movement, general disposal standard and set up around the stoppages; sorry to say, I think it has surpassed ours, certainly until we up our game at least.
I'd be stunned if Crows don't make the eight; they'll claim some more scalps shortly, and should bury a few of the lower sides to stake their claim.

But back to our wonderful Pies - I'm rating the resilience of this list under McCrae, right up there with the teams of 1980/1981 and 1990. Psychologically hardcore, and gutsy.
Even when a player is having an average first half or perhaps 3/4s, he can still have an influence in the final term when the clock starts ticking and the opposition gets rattled.
Quite a number of our blokes are down, yes, for whatever reasons. But all are making critical contributions and 1%ers when the heat is on.
And obviously not resting Sidey on sunday was the difference in the end; very unfair on him I know, but it ultimately paid dividends big time.

So keep weathering the storm Pies, clear skies should be only a few weeks away with troops returning for battle, and some teams outside the eight on the fixture; we've earned that luxury at least.

So you injurygods just go fuckoff and do something else for a while then eh?
Perhaps find another hobby altogether, or simply find another club to victimise?

W6/L1 and top of the table for first time since 2012; Go Pies.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 12:58 am

When Anzac Day falls on a Tuesday or Wednesday we should never have our game after at an interstate venue. Why can’t we play Richmond who play on Anzac Eve? The AFL have a principle in finals fixturing to avoid penalising teams with unfair shorter breaks and allow for travel time to and from. Why do they drop that principle when it comes to us in fixturing of the game after Anzac Day? It’s bizarre.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 9:13 am

Luv your work piedys. Cool
tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 9:34 am

perthmagpie wrote:
When Anzac Day falls on a Tuesday or Wednesday we should never have our game after at an interstate venue. Why can’t we play Richmond who play on Anzac Eve? The AFL have a principle in finals fixturing to avoid penalising teams with unfair shorter breaks and allow for travel time to and from. Why do they drop that principle when it comes to us in fixturing of the game after Anzac Day? It’s bizarre.

Yep, it's so obvious: Coll vs Rich, Ess vs Mel
Some opposition supporters use the rationale: if you want Anzac Day to yourselves then you've got to accept the 5 day breaks. Yes, but the solution is obvious...

Big T 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 7:46 pm

All this BS on Keays beating Nick.keays had 12 disposals well down on his usual output and did nothing. Nick had 27 and was instrumental in the last.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 7:47 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Luv your work piedys. Cool

Mate mum and I were reminiscing just the other day about all the days gone by at Victoria Park on Saturday afternoons, but it was also the company we kept that made the days memorable...

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 7:52 pm

Big T wrote:
All this BS on Keays beating Nick. keays had 12 disposals well down on his usual output and did nothing. Nick had 27 and was instrumental in the last.

Perception I suppose; Nick can have as many shit 27-get days as he wants.

That aside...
How did we miss Keays when he left Brisbane?
Did he go to Adelaide on the cheap?
I for one never saw that potential in him that he's showed since crossing.
Keays in the nut for us last year might have secured the silverware.
But Mitchell could/should be the missing part of the jigsaw.

Anyhoo, not our worst trading miss....

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 8:03 pm

They got what was possible to get over off season

Frampton was veiwed as a kind of “steak knife” deal but who veiwed it like that must have had head up their a……

I’m of the opinion Fly shows the potential and fortifies that in the players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16   

Jump to: