Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Swans.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 4:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

In Pendles- Out Elliott (would find it tough to come up for three games in such a short space of time- the spear tackle he endured in Round 2 against Port Adelaide really knocked the stuffing out of him.

If Kreuger is good to go, Cox plays VFL to get at least three quarters of a game under his belt.

McInnes would be a smokey to come into the 22

Kelly stays as sub- he can cover multiple positions and seems to be growing in self-confidence- he is a sleeper- I think every game he completes will build his self-belief- he is very quick and a thumping kick.

Imagine the nightmare of selection when Cameron/Cox/Howe/McStayLipinski are knocking down the door. Not to mention Carmichael, Allan, McInnes and McRae

mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 4:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Out: Kreuger, Kelly

In: Pendles, Ruscoe (sub)

That leaves us almost totally reliant on Frampton in the ruck, which is not ideal, but unfortunately we don't really have any other options, given that Steene is not ready for senior footy. Kelly might keep his spot, but I actually prefer Ruscoe, who is physically stronger and seems calmer under pressure.

I'll be happy with a 1 point win, but expect we'll win by 17 points.

So why would you want to drop Kelly??
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 4:53 pm

90 nice wrote:
Bit harsh on Hill

Bit harsh on Markov.He hasn't put a foot wrong in the last 2 games. One of our mainstays against the Cows.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 5:27 pm

With Pendles back, NickD has the option to switch through the back /middle in tandem.

Elliott is too good to leave out. Unless he needs the rest. Different matter.

Hill stays. Got his hands on the ball, had some shots. Bad day. I don't think you leave talented kids out because of a down day. How he rebounds is part of the education. It is a missed opportunity if he is dropped.

Bad luck Markov, no disrespect, but Pendles or you.

Sounds like Cox is ready. These days, players are much more match ready without having to go through the reserves. Besides, he doesn't stretch taller with a practice run lol.

Could go like this
In. Pendles, Cox
Out. Markov, Kreuger
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 5:42 pm

John Longmire says Collingwood in red hot form, it will be a big challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKEzA_fVzNo

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 6:32 pm

warburton lad wrote:
Imagine the nightmare of selection when Cameron/Cox/Howe/McStayLipinski are knocking down the door. Not to mention Carmichael, Allan, McInnes and McRae

I know and get what you’re saying WL but I see the position we are in as a wonderful dream coming true for Collingwood supporters. For a long time we envied other clubs who were in this position and now it’s our turn to be envied. My heart is happy but I get very nervous when footy experts like David King pick us to win the flag. They don’t know the GF heartbreaks us older fans have experienced over the years. I say we keep to realistic expectations of firstly making the top four and take it from there. Don’t get me wrong, I have total faith in the coaching staff and enormous belief in this team to bring home success. However I prefer to be quietly confident at the moment rather than loudly banging the tin lids 💥

geoffrey68 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 8:03 pm

Yes I can relate to the above sentiments completely.
Having seen most of the Grand Final losses for the last 60 years one hesitates to become too confident..who can anticipate what disasters might yet unfold.
But I would have to say that the Club ,under this new regime and given the performances they are delivering ,gives me more hope and enthusiasm than I have had in a long , long time.
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 9:07 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
With Pendles back, NickD has the option to switch through the back /middle in tandem.

Can't help but think Naicos' "poor" game v Adelaide was partly because of Pendlebury's absence. They work a lot off each other and Pendlebury takes a lot of attention in the same part of the ground.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:53 pm

geoffrey68 wrote:
Yes I can relate to the above sentiments completely.
Having seen most of the Grand Final losses for the last 60 years one hesitates to become too confident..who can anticipate what disasters might yet unfold.
But I would have to say that the Club ,under this new regime and given the performances they are delivering ,gives me more hope and enthusiasm than I have had in a long , long time.

Couldn’t agree more. You have to be in the GF to win it and I have quiet confidence that this team will make it. From there anything can happen.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 11:17 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:

Elliott is too good to leave out. Unless he needs the rest. Different matter.

Hill stays. Got his hands on the ball, had some shots. Bad day. I don't think you leave talented kids out because of a down day. How he rebounds is part of the education. It is a missed opportunity if he is dropped.

Bad luck Markov, no disrespect, but Pendles or you.

Sounds like Cox is ready. These days, players are much more match ready without having to go through the reserves. Besides, he doesn't stretch taller with a practice run lol.

Could go like this
In. Pendles, Cox
Out. Markov, Kreuger

I would not be throwing Cox in, as if we were desperate. We are not desperate. Our team has been winning, even without a ruck division. We need Cox to be absolutely ready to go, without risking anything. When he comes back, we want him available for the rest of the year. So he needs to play at least one game in the VFL first.
Sydney has a backline denuded of talls, so our short forward line for once does not have such a huge disadvantage in height.
We will be backing in our mids, virtually at full strength (bar Lipinski-ie: Pendles, Adams, Mitchell, JDG, Crisp ) to prevail, and supply our forward line with opportunities.
We need another tall to maintain structure against Sydney's talls. This will be either Kreuger (if fit) or Kelly.
The dilemma is who makes way so that another tall can come in.
This is where I am totally confounded.
I don't want to see Markov dropped, because his rebound energy was at times fantastic, and he might develop into a second Noble.
Elliott is a star, and unless he needs a rest he cannot be omitted.
Ginni/Hill played significant roles last week, and who knows what they could do on Sunday.
Summary: Pendles in. Another tall in (Kelly or Kreuger)
Out:????

melliot 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 11:37 pm

Cox, if fit and ready, in for Kruger. It allows Frampton to play back and allows Moore to intercept. Frampton to chop out in the ruck. Allows Murphy to play on less tall opponent.

Pendles in for Kelly

Markov, Ginnivan, or Hill as Sub.

Elliott does look out of sorts. May have a niggle. Might be a forced change.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 11:46 pm

I would think that IF Cox plays, THEN Krueger would be the logical one to make way:

* Was rushed in because of our ruck issues
* Proved not to be durable again

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 12:27 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:
Charlie Oneeye wrote:

Can't help but think Naicos' "poor" game v Adelaide was partly because of Pendlebury's absence. They work a lot off each other and Pendlebury takes a lot of attention in the same part of the ground.

Very much my thinking. Pendle’s disposal precision I think gives Nick just that little bit extra time to execute effectively.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 12:29 pm

Sydney are not at their best.
They haven't played out matches, slumping late in games.
Longmire admits they don't currently have the experience when it matters and when matches get willing, they drop away and give up easy goals.
I really think we'll damage them late in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Rampe is still out, while Fox and Hickey are expected to return. Hickey will be underdone from a match fitness perspective.

If Hickey comes back in, the tandem ruck with Ladhams might deliver an advantage at the ruck and clearance.
But that's all I can see that might hurt us.

They don't have a tall backline, so our lack of height won't be exploited.

As far as changes from last week -
If reports on Cox's fitness are correct, I'd play him ahead of Kruger.
I'd spell Elliott and bring Pendles back in.

In - Cox, Pendlebury
Out - Kreuger, Elliott

There are patterns emerging on how to beat us. The kick mark style that take away our run has proved effective.
But as we know, you have to beat us over 4 quarters, and I don't think the Swans have the depth in experience and quality to hurt us.

Maybe they'll be granted another a playing away from home allowance and be given an extra player on the bench...

Pies by 8 goals.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Thu May 04, 2023 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 1:28 pm

Let’s all not get to carried away
Adelaide was the far better team for 3/4 last week it was onky there poor set shot kicking at goal that kept it close
We are undermanned in the tall department but battling manfully
Franklin and MacDonald will be a challenge this week again
Our midfield kept us alive last week winning the clearance battle but swans go well in that area
We will need to be at our best
Being at the G helps us as they don’t traditionally play it well
We should win but I don’t think it will be a big margin
Sidey has 296 games so I expect him to miss a game in coming weeks unless club plans for his 300th to be v West Coast over there
This week selection should be easy really

In. Pendles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: