Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Swans.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 5:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
^ ^ Yes saw that, silly bloody Eddie, im thinking, Jeezus eddie , just for once STFU, we have not played these bastards here for TEN FOOKING YEARS. ten yrs, and why the hell should we help footy in Sydney, to promote it, Im sick of us being used for utter shit like that, Swans never do us any favours, sometimes Eddie is like a bloody loose cannon. just button that lip, Ed.

It was a very odd comment from Eddie,just one of many that he seems to make.As you said,I just wish he would shut up sometimes and not have a (bad) opinion on everything.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:05 pm

Forget Eddie…

Kreuger (inj.), Ginnivan and Kelly (was sub) out
Pendles and Cox in

Suspect Kelly might be the sub again (?) which means Ginnivan back to the magoos. Would be odd if they pick Ginni as the sub - not quite as versatile. Obviously they’re very comfortable with Billy’s output and perhaps he actually is fully fit?

Suspect this board is about to have a meltdown!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:17 pm

It’s going to be a rough game apparently according to Collingwood’s website!!!

Quote:
Craig McRae has named his team for Sunday's Rough Eight clash against Sydney

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1322784/r8-team-selection-two-return-for-sunday-s-clash-at-the-mcg?fbclid=IwAR2ksN54oswPQ1it8WxepShXXRf6ESL2GidnIi6ZO3s5ue_I2nWA2m_gVS8&mibextid=Zxz2cZ
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:19 pm

piffdog wrote:
Forget Eddie…

Kreuger (inj.), Ginnivan and Kelly (was sub) out
Pendles and Cox in

Suspect Kelly might be the sub again (?) which means Ginnivan back to the magoos. Would be odd if they pick Ginni as the sub - not quite as versatile. Obviously they’re very comfortable with Billy’s output and perhaps he actually is fully fit?

Suspect this board is about to have a meltdown!

Why? I love Gini but agree with the selectors that Gini needs at least another week in the seconds to get his form and confidence back. I’m loving the “what’s best for the team” mentality and playing an out of form star in the seconds.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:29 pm

I'd love to see Harrison get the subs gig. I really haven't seen him play at all, but we haven't blooded a 'newbie' yet this year.

Ginni is unlucky to be omitted, but anyone dropped would have been unlucky. That's testament to the quality of our squad.

I'm quite confident now that we'll win convincingly on Sunday.

Pies by 28 points.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:50 pm

I think Eddie actually has a point - the AFL should have been all over Sydney this weekend.

Obviously the whole draw would need to have been different to achieve that. We could have played the Crows in Melbourne last week (which game should have been in Melbourne after a 5 day break regardless).

Pies v Swans rematch at the SCG on Friday night and whoever draws the second biggest crowd v the Giants on Saturday night. They love an event in the Emerald city.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:01 pm

[quote="lazzadesilva"]
piffdog wrote:

Why? I love Gini but agree with the selectors that Gini needs at least another week in the seconds to get his form and confidence back. I’m loving the “what’s best for the team” mentality and playing an out of form star in the seconds.

My own internal straw poll of comments on here were very keen to have Ginni straight back in and have been pretty defensive of his performances. Maybe I’m reading the wrong tea leaves?

I’m a little indifferent personally. I asked elsewhere if we could play all four of Hill, Ginni, Elliott and McReery. I reckon there’s only room for three and maybe only two if we are plying McStay, Cox, Cameron and also Lipinski and Adams swapping forward. A nice problem to have, and assumes all will be fit.

Ginnivan seems to have innate football IQ, but I don’t know if he has the kit bag of the others who seem to have a few more elements to their game at this stage of their careers.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:11 pm

I’m pleased they continue with Markov who has benifited from Fly having confidence in him —-looking to him to grow more important part of the side

Has Kelly got the sub job ??? another who needs game time to find his value to an AFL club pressure

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:25 pm

My guess would be Ginnivan is sub. Don’t see Kelly getting it three weeks running, and the other two don’t seem to be in significant contention for selection at the moment. My only surprise is that Ruscoe didn’t make the squad.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:30 pm

If Ginnivan ends up being the sub then he hasn't been dropped from the side at all.

Some people seem to be slow to embrace the notion we pick a side of 23 each week now and whether Ginnivan ends up being that 23rd man we just have to wait and see.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:38 pm

Didnt Ginni kick two great goals against the Crows, or am I confusing that with the Dons match ? Im very very surprised to see him omitted, cant understand it, saw him the other night with JDG at the York hotel function, and he seemed really fired up for this big match. Like , WTF ???? Strange decision, I dunno.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:40 pm

David wrote:
My guess would be Ginnivan is sub.

I think so too - with rain forecast it is a strong chance they'd go with a small rather than a tall. Likely the weather that decides it.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:50 pm

swoop42 wrote:
If Ginnivan ends up being the sub then he hasn't been dropped from the side at all.

Some people seem to be slow to embrace the notion we pick a side of 23 each week...

Not slow to embrace at all.

Going from starting 22 to not being named in the 22 and being the sub is still a demotion in my books. I probably foolishly assumed Kelly would be sub due to perceived versatility. I hadn’t considered the weather however - maybe Ginni will be the sub?? Hes officially behind others in the pecking order however.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 8:02 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Didnt Ginni kick two great goals against the Crows, or am I confusing that with the Dons match ? Im very very surprised to see him omitted, cant understand it, saw him the other night with JDG at the York hotel function, and he seemed really fired up for this big match. Like , WTF ???? Strange decision, I dunno.

No,Ginnivan didn’t kick a goal against the Crows.But he did kick a couple of goals against Essendon.I think all of our small forwards have been out of form lately,so it was just a raffle to see who went out this week,with other players coming back.Next week it might be Hill going out with Ginnivan coming back in.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 8:59 pm

I'm absolutely sure that the wily old fox Longmire will be positioning his side as the underdogs this week and laser focusing his group on pulling off an "upset" victory.

On a cold and wet Melbourne day this game will be nothing but a slog IMO and only narrow any gap in quality that may or may not exist.

I'd be more confident on a dry track and in reality the Swans outside of the Geelong game have smashed Richmond in Adelaide and lost 2 games to Port and GWS by a combined 3 points.

They're not going anywhere near as bad over the last month as they'd like us to believe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: