Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Swans. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
This a very clever tweet - so pathetic by the Swans players:
https://twitter.com/piehardpodcast/status/1655142859656544256

Obviously they've been instructed by Longmanure to play dirty

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:17 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
This a very clever tweet - so pathetic by the Swans players:
https://twitter.com/piehardpodcast/status/1655142859656544256

Obviously they've been instructed by Longmanure to play dirty

Brilliant!

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:21 pm

Bucks' message re booing
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2023-sydney-loss-to-collingwood-why-was-buddy-franklin-booed-john-longmire-press-conference-nathan-buckley-comments-last-game-at-mcg/news-story/ab518f6e1dbeb2f013e39860454feb23

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:35 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I didn't like the booing of Buddy. He's been one of the greatest players of all time. Now he is on his last legs.

But, seriously it's not a big deal. It was rather pathetic of Longmanure to raise it at all.

Yep, agree with you regarding Buddy. Can't understand why anyone would boo any champion of the game, just for being on the ground. I consider it a privilege to be able to watch such incredible players over the years.

I'm with Fly on the attitude towards booing individual players, unless they have performed some ars**hole act against one of ours on the day. (Of course, the one exception to this is Jim O'Dea, who for obvious reasons deserved to be booed until eternity).

O'Dea is and always a piece of sht but the slimeball who gave the order is the criminal.

I don't particularly like Longmuir, but it could be construed that he was sticking up for one of his players, ala Ken Hinkley with Jason Horne-Francis. On the other hand, it's extremely hypocritical of him, considering how he must have encouraged his own players to rough up Nick.
rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:46 pm

Every Swans player that lined up for a shot at goal was booed. Aaron Francis missed two sitters because he couldn't handle the boos. But Ok i admit it , i booed Aaron Francis because i'm prejudiced against freckle faced gingers, because obviously every time a player is booed its because of racism and not because we just want to put them off their game.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 2:51 pm

What did we think of Quaynors game i think it was one of his best this season.

Going into the game thinking he needs a good game soon and he did have one.

Did some good things and played brilliantly down back and cut off many of sydneys inside 50s.

Also another good game from Frampton and Maynard.

Crisp is starting to get into form as well had some good touches and got some of that running game back into his game.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 2:52 pm

jonmac1954 wrote:

O'Dea is and always a piece of sht but the slimeball who gave the order is the criminal.

Yep, I was thinking exactly that as I wrote about O'Dea.
Boot 

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:09 pm

Collingwood ended up winning well yesterday with a score that we all would have taken if offered it before the game. However, there still seems to be some terrible mistakes made by the team mostly when transitioning into the forward 50 area. Some of yesterday's lost opportunities were comical if it wasn't so serious when the game is on the edge. Collingwood was blessed to get so many let off's via horrid kicking for goal by Sydney, albeit that Collingwood missed a few relatively easy shots on goal ourselves.

Clearly still plenty of work to be done to hone the team's game. Couple of players who got my attention included;
Ginnivan - Added an immediate source of class into the forward line when brought on. Still has that stigma of being a diver into tackles that umpires seem to just refuse to pay him a free kick despite him getting his head nearly being ripped off by opposition players. Jack Ginnivan loves to put himself in the spotlight, hopefully he continues to "walk the talk".

Hoskin-Elliot - Such a tease with his ability, but there is no doubt he works his butt off during the games and his hard running and skill is a strength of this current team.

Jamie Elliot - I'm Jamie's biggest fan, but he looks off his game at the moment to me. Hopefully he is just carrying some niggles and he'll be back to his damaging best soon. Never a question on his determination and effort or his love of the club.

Jordan DeGoey - He too looked a bit off-color for a lot of yesterday's game, but still showed a few classy moves that contributed to the win.

Tom Mitchell - I thought he had a great game against the Swans doing what he does best in putting his body into the best position to influence the contest in the maelstrom of clearance work. Proving to be a master stroke in recruitment.

Taylor Adams - Another who looked slow and struggled to get into positions to influence the game. Looked to get a nasty hit to his thigh late in the match. Having Adams and Mitchell at their best offers a terrific combination to match any team for inside hardness and skill.

Issac Quaynor - Is putting together a great season as the go to defender to counter the oppositions small forward danger and I think has surpassed Maynard as our No. 1 shut down defender.

Brayden Maynard - Seems to be just a bit off his best form, but still a very good player to have as a shut down defender who can also provide terrific drive from the back line.

John Noble - Continues to thrive under Fly Macrae's game plan for attacking running. Having a terrific year and would have to be in the top ten for the Copeland trophy at this point in the season.

Darcy Moore - The rock of our defence. He is the best key defender in the AFL and proving to be a terrific captain of the team as well. Hope he maintains his fitness as he is irreplaceable at the moment.

Oleg Markov - provides good drive and clearly a favorite of the coach. His decision making and one-on-one competitiveness seems to be at a lower level than I would like to see, but he looks good at being able to run off the half back lines with his pace. Noble has better disposal skills imo.

Jack Crisp - Similar to DeGoey I thought he was a bit off his game vs the Swans but his strength in the contest is very good and he continues to provide great run and remains a crucial cog in the game plan that is proving to be successful.

Scott Pendlebury - I thought he flourished in his own position of on-ball general. Such a great player, albeit he got caught in position a couple of times yesterday which is very uncharacteristic for him. Still providing great drive and pin point delivery into the forward 50.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:19 pm

What did we think of McCreeys game think he was not that usally quickness about him. he looked a bit slow.

Maybe its that long sleeve jersey.

Players always look slow in long sleeves.

Crisp as i said only just starting to get back some form.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:21 pm

sherrife wrote:
I'm with Mcrae. I hate the booing. Why would we boo an absolute champion of the game? Do we like it when Naicos gets booed for no reason? Interestingly, nobody much boos Dangerfield, Fyfe, etc. But somehow these uniquely talented Black men cop it for absolutely no reason - first Goodes, and now Buddy. Someone described him as a 'coke-head', but given the Ginnivan story, people in glass houses..

I boo Dangerfield as I hate all the Media Kissing his Ass

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:22 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I didn't like the booing of Buddy. He's been one of the greatest players of all time. Now he is on his last legs.

But, seriously it's not a big deal. It was rather pathetic of Longmanure to raise it at all.

and Media sooking about it just makes people Boo More

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:27 pm

sherrife wrote:
I'm with Mcrae. I hate the booing. Why would we boo an absolute champion of the game? Do we like it when Naicos gets booed for no reason? Interestingly, nobody much boos Dangerfield, Fyfe, etc. But somehow these uniquely talented Black men cop it for absolutely no reason - first Goodes, and now Buddy. Someone described him as a 'coke-head', but given the Ginnivan story, people in glass houses..

Appreciate the greats, even if they're not playing for us.

Still not convinced our forward line can win a flag unless our mids are far cleaner than what we've been in the pat month, but what can we do. We keep rolling, for now. Our real tests will be Melbourne, Geelong, Port and Brisbane, everyone else is basically rubbish.

Nathan Buckley says hi…

But if people aren’t booing Dangerflog the only question is why not?
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:43 pm

Any fines haded out due to the melee in quarter 1.

Thinking the AFL might be handing them out it did not look good and afl want to stamp this out of the game too.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 4:15 pm

sherrife wrote:
I'm with Mcrae. I hate the booing. Why would we boo an absolute champion of the game? Do we like it when Naicos gets booed for no reason? Interestingly, nobody much boos Dangerfield, Fyfe, etc. But somehow these uniquely talented Black men cop it for absolutely no reason - first Goodes, and now Buddy.
Appreciate the greats, even if they're not playing for us.

Couldn’t agree more. I have always said that all teams have the minority ferals who are dickheads but because we have so many fans, our feral component is that much greater. Who remembers the ferals in front of the Vic Park Social Club who used to boo and abuse (in many ways including racial sledging) the opposition and our own players? They thought it funny 🙄🤬😡

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 7:24 pm
Post subject: Sunday meleeReply with quote

Total of 9 Sydney & Collingwood are off to tribunal

Fines to follow I guess

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: