Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Swans. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Only saw the last half of the last quarter.

Post- match, listened long enough to hear JoNeanderthal Brown and Dal Santo say that Sydney were undermanned and missing Rampe and Paddy McCartin....

McStay, Howe, Cameron and Lipinski say "Hi...".

By all accounts, we were poor in parts but I am not stressed as long as we finish strong.

I'm not across the stats, but I think our capacity to see sides (except Brisbane in Brisbane and Geelong in Round One) to low scores is admirable- we are bloody hard to score against.

I imagine the return of the four players bolded above will aid our capacity to score more heavily. Then we will be a team to be truly feared...

And the following players can't get a gig: Kreuger, McInnes, Macrae, Ruscoe, Bianco, Begg, Allen, Draper, Steene, Harrison, Murley, Ryan, Carmichael Tom Wilson, and Kelly. Honorobale mention to Charlie Dean (long term injury list...)

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:43 pm

That was a frustrating game. I don’t know if it was just wanting to beat the Swans bad but that was hella stressful Smile

Still a win is a win and nice to have a 3 goal buffer for most of the last quarter.

Still can’t underestimate what an achievement is for the Pies to be 7-1 and on top of the ladder

We need to sort our forward line over the coming months we just aren’t scoring enough goals

Special mention to JDG & Mitchell who once again put their bodies on the line to get the clearances and Moore for being a rock in defence.

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:44 pm

And how did the commentators not mention “Goal of the Year” for Checkers goal??? Was a brilliant goal.

Didakess.

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:47 pm

^ Yep! Amazing goal!!
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:49 pm

I think that’s what’s called winning ugly.It was a pretty ugly game,due mainly to the Swans’ tactics of continually flooding back and having huge numbers around the ball,resulting in many stoppages.

In reality we were the better side for three quarters,the first quarter,the third and the last.The second quarter was terrible,but we always seem to have at least one terrible quarter every week for some reason.

Onwards and upwards.Let’s hope we can keep the winning streak going.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:49 pm

And one of, what, 5 goals reviews?
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:51 pm

Jezza wrote:
71,000 in attendance against an interstate team.

Excellent turnout by our supporters.

That was quite a crowd for a game against an interstate side on a cold,wet afternoon.Is that a record crowd for a home and away game for an interstate team in Melbourne?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:56 pm

7.5 to 1.4 in the second half. Are we the fittest side in the competition?

In the first 8 rounds we've outscored the opposition in 2nd halves 64.47 to 29.42. (or thereabouts Smile )

Last edited by Skids on Sun May 07, 2023 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:02 pm

Keeping it brief while I wait for my post match pizza.

Ginny with a point to prove, made 110% of his time on the ground. Hats off to him for his efforts. Cox makes a difference, got more involved second half, was good to see him getting back into it.

mosig 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:02 pm

Stressful first half. Solid second half. Game made a lot easier by Swans missing plenty of set shots - had a bunch of them gone through it would have had have required another mighty come from behind effort. Glad to be able to cruise a bit at the end.

Special shout out to to Mihocek and his PB. Buddy up the other end playing for about a million bucks per game gets a donut - and Brody who I am pretty sure just gets a box of beer after each game is the match winner
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:04 pm

Very proud of this win because it looked like it wasnt our day.

Checkers goal is best watched in real time, brilliant goal!!!
Why the commentators didnt get excited about it I will never know.
BT was too caught up in his own ego as how the goal umpire reviewed it again for the 15th time...big deal BT, fine but give the actual goal some credit!! FMD BT!!

Ive been watching IQ to see if the preseason hype could be converted into home and away hype and today was a step in the right direction.

I still believe Ginni plays with that low action and is a natural movement for him.
I dont think he even had time to think about ducking but anyway thats my biased opinion.

Team looks balanced now but I would like to see another 10 goal + win soon.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:07 pm

Skids wrote:
7.5 to 1.4 in the second half. Are we the fittest side in the competition?

In the first 8 rounds we've outscored the opposition in 2nd halves 64.47 to 29.42. (or thereabouts Smile )

Amazing stat that,
DT 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:09 pm

Went to the game and enjoyed it. Pies struggled a bit but finished well.

We have a few players down at the moment so it is impressive the way the team steps up.

Murphy is amazing. He kills so many contests and keeps us in it when we are in a poor patch during a match.

JDG seemed out of sorts for most of the match - he was quite lethargic and lacked his usual dynamism till the final quarter.

I think the coaches eased Cox back - 57% game time and he played pretty well for a first game back.

Bobby Hill is a bit off it and needs a run in the VFL. I think Ginnivan makes things happen and was really good when he came on for the last 40 minutes. The umps still don’t pay him the high frees he deserves.

Elliott was much better today - he looked a bit freer and kicked much better.

The last quarter we controlled it and as bad as the second quarter was the last was excellent.

I think it is interesting that we can win in different ways. Today, Sydney dominated the uncontested possessions but they stuffed up a lot of shots on goal - I think there was a bit of a swirly breeze and that can just do enough to put players off.

It was a good tough hit out against a good team. We are well placed, particularly if we can get a couple of players back such as Cameron and Lipinski.

The one area we really need to work on is not to panic when kicking into open space into the forward fifty. We really did some dumb stuff today. But it shows that there is a lot we can work on. The behind the ball structure is excellent though - it confused Sydney a lot and eventually their collective brains melted.

We really have a good tight knit team - Frampton Markov and especially Mitchell are all very good recruits for us. I really love Mitchell - he is a player we haven’t had for a long time - since Luke Ball.

kempster65 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:10 pm

Can’t underestimate that sun, despite ladder position Swans tough to beat. IQ fantastic, Noble & WHE also, and obviously checkers. Can’t (or maybe we an?) rely on last quarter heroics each week, but pleasing thing is we seem to have the capacity to lift a gear when we need to. Hawks gun premiership sides similar, not a lot of floggings, just ‘do enough to win’. Should bank some wins next few weeks, then Melb game should be huge. I’m heading down to carlton game with a mate who is a blues member, think I’ll enjoy it more.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:17 pm

xxx

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12   

Jump to: