Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies thump Giants. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 8:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A brilliant win. It shows what can be done with a DOMINANT ruckman. Cox was amazing. Let's hope he can keep it up. If so, we'll be unstoppable when we can team him with Cameron.

De Goey, Nick Daicos and Elliott were sublime, but I'd like to congratulate Markov on his best game for us so far.

Now rest up boys and get ready to smash the scum next week.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 8:54 pm

A relaxing game for a change. Not often you’d say Pendles was pretty much the most invisible Collingwood player on the field.

Cox outstanding.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 8:55 pm

BazBoy wrote:
In Cann River and pub had no Fox nor Kayo so I listened to Triple M

I heard Callum Brown mentioned 4 Giants

Was that our ex player???

No. He’s at Hawthorn. This is just his namesake.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:03 pm

Thanks —but on the game I didn’t see Cox was mentioned a lot

Seems he played gr8

And 10 individual goal scorers

Lovely

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:06 pm

Good...not great, except for Cox.

Plenty of more gears to move through methinks, and the forward line hasn't clicked just yet.

When it does, and it will...well look out

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:08 pm

That was as complete a ruck game as I have seen for many years in Collingwood colours.

I don’t think Brodie Grundy ever played a game as fine as that : excellent tap work, around-the-ground marking, multiple goals and constant forward threat.

The list decisions in the off season look more outstanding as the weeks pass.
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:12 pm

Meredith1965 wrote:
That was as complete a ruck game as I have seen for many years in Collingwood colours.

I don’t think Brodie Grundy ever played a game as fine as that : excellent tap work, around-the-ground marking, multiple goals and constant forward threat.

List management is where flags are generated now, I wasn't happy with the Treloar fiaso because we handled it poorly.

But with every passing season football is becoming more and more of a meat market.

Why buy a porterhouse for 1 meal when you can buy scotch fillet for 3?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:14 pm

This victory is really important. It is the first (that I can remember) under Fly in which we have completely dominated an opposition. The media was passing it off as just yet another dominant Collingwood win, but that is untrue. We put GWS to the sword, which is something very rare under Fly. This was a very different victory, and i think it has a real significance. Our team will draw such energy and confidence from this win. The joy with which our boys played in that last quarter was magnificent to watch. Our team is in a glorious space: our players are loving the freedom and faith that Fly has invested in them. In today's game, our team did what all premiership teams do at least once in their premiership year: smash the opposition. Our team is now palpably feeling its strength. Well done Pies.
^ Just looked back over the results this year, and now recall that we thumped Port. But I feel that this victory, coming at the time it does, really has a different significance to that win. We are now well into the season, and now nothing can be attributed to teams still finding their feet etc. This dominant win is the sign of a team now beginning to amass its strength. I look forward to next week, because I feel we will bring the fury to Carlton.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sun May 14, 2023 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:22 pm

Someone flying under the radar is Tom Mitchell atm. I thought he played a brilliant game tonight. HIs work is so important extracting the ball and transferring it on under pressure. His presence has transformed the potency of our midfield. I thought he and Tay Adams together played a major role in scaffolding this victory.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:34 pm

jonmac1954 wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:

List management is where flags are generated now, I wasn't happy with the Treloar fiaso because we handled it poorly.

But with every passing season football is becoming more and more of a meat market.

What happens when you are vegetarian?

maurs64 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:47 pm

Anyone notice N. Daicos not wanting to come off the ground towards the end of the game? His number was on the board for at least 5 minutes, and Crispy who was to replace him was itching to get back on!
Don't think I've ever seen that at a game.
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:48 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:

What happens when you are vegetarian?

You learn to operate at a lower physical level LOL.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:48 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Someone flying under the radar is Tom Mitchell atm. I thought he played a brilliant game tonight. HIs work is so important extracting the ball and transferring it on under pressure. His presence has transformed the potency of our midfield. I thought he and Tay Adams together played a major role in scaffolding this victory.

DeGoey and Mitchell have both been very good for each other’s game.
You virtually can’t stop DeGoey when he is at full tilt and Mitchell’s lateral handballs out to DeGoey on the burst is a nightmare for any opposition defender.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:54 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Good...not great, except for Cox.

Plenty of more gears to move through methinks, and the forward line hasn't clicked just yet.

When it does, and it will...well look out

For sure; very solid win against a team that has had our measure on many occasions over the past few years.
Overall thought they moved the ball much more fluently and accurately than we did, so it surprised me that a few posters called this a game stress free afternoon for a change.
Oompa Loompas having both Toby Greene and Sam Taylor out certainly helped our cause.
Himmelberg was down tonight, but Hogan stood up.
A few GWS players whose contract status i'll be watching carefully over the next 18 months, and that's not including Whitfield, Kelly, Coniglio etc, who are all ball accumulating magnets.
Guys like Perryman, Hines, Daniels, Riccardi etc who have been there a while and perhaps not on elite coin, but might be looking at another GF chance at a new club...

Our forward line won't function correctly again until McStay returns, as he'll draw another KPD away from Mihocek.
Too many players competing against each other in the air, and not enough set up for the fall of the ball from the spillage in marking contests.
But indeed, when it does click. probably around July, the MCG is going to get LOUD.

W8/1L and sitting on top; where we belong.
Overall it was a great weekend, with Geebung, Essendon, Carlton and St.Vomit all losing BADLY.

Go Pies; Carlscum will try to burst our bubble next week, whilst we attempt to trainwreck their finals aspirations in May, instead of August.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:57 pm

Markov is another one who is getting better with every game and he covers the ground so quickly to lend support. Love his second efforts and he’s just another player who has lifted his game to a new level in this side. I don’t have him as a best 22 player but it’s not often you trot out your best 22 in August or September anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: